Thread: justin fields looks and plays like the bionic man

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

justin fields looks and plays like the bionic man

justin fields looks and plays like the bionic man

is SF really going to pick the pillsbury doughboy over this guy? yeah his throws look pretty awesome, but he just seems like a one dimensional old school passer with little mobility. not that it's bad. but fields on the other hand looks like a lethal dual threat. sure if fields can't read defenses or check downs he'll be in trouble, but fields is built like a LB with half back speed
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Justin Fields is talented actually

He was on the Netflix series called QB1: Beyond the Lights which documents usually the Top one or few High School QBs on their way to the big time, but still in high school. It is actually a very cool little High School Top QB on their way to the big time Division one programs Documentary. And so if your into football and the up and coming generation that series is really cool. Spencer Rattler was on one season also who is now Oklahoma's starter. It is also the best QB in college football now. So they also do have the elite High School QBs on that show too usually haha.. Its a cool show..

One season Justin Fields was on it. He ended up going to Georgia and sat behind (LOL.. )Jake Fromm, who has turned out to be at best meh. So Fields was correct, for himself and his skill to gtfo. And imo he made the best decision for himself, and went to the actual Big Time in OSU lol, and he was solid. Justin Fields imo still probably does have a lot to prove still, even to himself and some hey look at me mfr left in him I bet... =)

Fields has a bit of balance not a terrible thrower and can move he'll be aight actually in the NFL I think

Load Metric
    This year yes I agree Trevor Lawrence is a can't miss, but after him feel Mac Jones isnt getting enough love here...

He is a pocket passer naturally, and that is what you need to be in the NFL. Also he surprisingly ran a 4.7 40 at the combine that's scooting pretty good there. Seems like hell fit in most likely and do well as a starting QB and quick maybe. Mac Jones also had that talent round him all year. And he put up those big numbers with Waddle/Smith-Rivera. So actually to me he seems like the one getting way overlooked actually, and what shocked me a little is he did actually a 4.7 40 at the combine so he can move a little too actually. And if you draft him down lower, contractually your in a hilarious position to get MAX value out of a Mac Jones he may fall some, who knows.

But 10 years out I think Mac Jones will be alright in the NFL he's a big pocket passer, who runs a 4.7 too apparently (LOL..)

Load Metric
    I love the kid and clearly watched every snap he ever played for us. He’s a high character kid, which I think is too often underrated. One never knows anyone through media, so that’s from people who interact with him daily down in Columbus at the facilities and at the team hotel on game weekends, and from everything I’ve read. That said, I never heard a bad word about Deshawn until the last month, so no one knows anyone.

There isn’t any physical knock on him. End of story. Arm, body, speed. There was a reason he was among the highest 5* prospects to ever come out. Every physical measure is off the charts.

All question marks lie in the mental aspects of the game. His most consistent mistake was he holds the ball too long. He had a good last 3 games as far as that is concerned, so maybe they finally drilled it into his head enough. With Covid, his entire career is like 20 games. But it kind of ties in with his other knock, which is he’s holding the ball too long as he struggles through the progressions. That’s concerning as Ohio State has 4 guys running patterns, most often 10 yards open in multiple spots. There are 3 teams head and shoulders above everyone else in talent with Clemson and Bama year after year being the other two. Bama might be in their own tier.

So it’s problematic. I think he’s hurt by Haskins being such a bomb as they kind of had similar progression issues, but Haskins is middle aged white guy level athlete, whereas Fields is a freakish athlete.

The problem with him running is that for all his speed, the dude doesn’t have that innate skill of not getting squared up and slaughtered. There are bad athletes that never seem to get hit directly on tackles. They just have that skill that they feel the impact coming and can duck it. He is not that kid despite being a freak. Everyone saw him get crushed against Clemson and he is strong enough to play against Bama with bad ribs and whatever else ailed him, but he gets hit like that a lot. Far too much. Very strange. It’s like he lacks peripheral vision or some intangible that the great pocket guys and runners have that allow them to always bail out at the right moment. He gets clobbered.

So as well as he runs, you’d prefer him not to often, which makes the progression issue a little more significant.

I am torn. Rarely have I felt a guy needs good coaching and a year of watching and study more than him, and if it clicks, he could be a hall of famer. Bad coaching and rushed, he could be a Dak-level player who does a lot of nice things, but that you know isn’t good enough to win it all ever unless they have the Bears 85 defense.

That’s my scouting report.

Comments

garrett: Hilarious haha.... " the dude doesn’t have that innate skill of not getting squared up and slaughtered. "

Load Metric
    That’s my honest assessment even though I know it’s about 90% that this thread was bait to troll JimmyG rather than you being overly interested in the guy the Jets aren’t taking

I just had to add that as I don’t want anyone thinking I’m falling for your obvious jimmy bait. This might be the nicest words you ever had for a black QB. That was the first clue

Gold
    Load Metric
    I think he will be good in the NFL, especially if he lands with a team like San Fran that is already a “potential” contender.

I actually think a lot of the QBs this year can be good, impossible to tell how things will play out, tough decision who to take behind Lawrence.

Agree Mac Jones is good, why would people doubt him? Seems to be getting more love lately, few months back people were saying maybe not even round 1, LOL!

What about Kyle Trask from Florida? Seems to have been forgotten. I think he could be a steal and had potential to be quite good.

Load Metric
    If athleticism and heart were all it took he’d go #1.

Knock on him is an overwhelming amount of his passes were to a first read where he never took his eyes off.

You can do that at ohio state vs some 7th tier cornerback at Maryland. Try that at the NFL level and it’s interception city.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    can't remember the last time that i've been as bullish on so many QB's coming out.

i even like the way mond throws the ball as well. i'm thinking he might go in the 1st as well.

he could go to any one of these teams in the 1st

pats
    wash
    chi
    minn
    pitt
    raiders
    tb

buy cases of 2021 NFL football cards when they come out. the skill position players look awesome
    Last edited by mulva; 04-08-2021 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    can't remember the last time that i've been as bullish on so many QB's coming out.

i even like the way mond throws the ball as well. i'm thinking he might go in the 1st as well.

he could go to any one of these teams in the 1st

pats
    wash
    chi
    minn
    pitt
    raiders
    tb

buy cases of 2021 NFL football cards when they come out. the skill position players look awesome
    I think this year you have a couple Lock at the skill position players this year. WR you have Ja'Marr Chase who sat out this past year (LOL) preserved tht body, invested in himself there actually. He is going to be big time, also this quasi TE from Florida ive watched and you can expect big things from Kyle Pitts who while yes can be considered a TE, he can also split out run the Go routes deep.. He is really good and thhen Smith-Rivera/Waddle. and Mac Jones the RB Najee Harris, this is for sure a good draft absolutely loaded with legitimate talent at each skill position this year. Also remember this name from Purdue WR Rondale Moore (Purdue) he is going to be gotten lower round too probably, and his can be a big time NFL WR. Definitely a good draft this year, beyond the seemingly obv in Lawrence their is also a whollle bunch of real talent here too, who likely likely become big names in the NFL in years to come at each of these skill positions. Couple big time players coming out here this year for sure imo.....

Thread Information