Thread: Glacier Mountain Park Montana (stunning)

Load Metric

Glacier Mountain Park Montana (stunning)

First time there if you can sometime wow it's so beautiful. Here is a few pictures...

Name:  20210404_100949.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  2.64 MB
    Name:  20210404_100908.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  4.36 MB
    Name:  20210404_101156.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  4.08 MB
    Name:  20210404_095936.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  3.69 MB
    Name:  20210404_100409_HDR.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  3.37 MB

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Looks great!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    You have to hit up “going to the sun” road.

Comments

garrett: I'm gone now in Chicago or I would for sure, I'll be back sometime =)...

FRANKRIZZO:

Load Metric
    Name:  20210404_083233.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  2.57 MB
    Name:  20210404_094119_HDR.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  3.30 MB
    Name:  20210404_084903_HDR.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  2.53 MB
    Name:  20210404_100949.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  2.64 MB
    Name:  20210404_092450_HDR.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  4.75 MB

Silver
    Load Metric
    looks cold and miserable and like a frozen desert with gay mountains

pacific nw spots this place the button every hand

Load Metric
    Sidewinder yeah I was also just in Seattle and San Francisco...

Honestly I think I was most moved and unexpectedly by Seattle. In every way it just felt like me there. I did have a few woooh and head to the side, ohhh ok.. So this is just how these people are here really I didn't expect that. Overall the vibe in of Seattle I just absolutely loved it. And it was my first time there and it just felt like me. A place where everyone thinks and is whatever about shit that I am too. I kinda fell in Love with Seattle honestly. The PNW and Seattle were unexpectedly Amazing for me. I loved Seattle but I was only there 3 days so it just honestly felt like a Tease a little. And now I want soo much more of it lol. I fell in love with Seattle. It just felt like me there and very much how I think everywhere should be.

Soo genuinely kind and Ive never felt that way about a place I never been to before. People seemed to have the money and the brains in Seattle.. It was not one dimensional at all. I'll add a few Seattle Pics now I took. I loved it the West Coast and they do seem to have so much right it seemed. And the people they were so genuinely kind honestly. I grew up in Jersey for the first 30 years of my life, where people really will tell you to go F yourself.. And often maybe this was sooo different the people were genuinely kind. I loved that about Seattle and that whole PNW area I guess. San Francisco, Seattle, Oregon and then this Glacier National Park were just, for me so amazing actually. I love it so much.
    Last edited by garrett; 04-07-2021 at 02:15 AM.

Load Metric
    Seattle was beautiful

Name:  20210402_110811.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  948.0 KB
    Name:  20210402_113327.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  3.96 MB
    Name:  20210402_131024.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  2.47 MB
    Name:  20210403_165257_HDR.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  3.47 MB
    Name:  20210402_122443_HDR.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  1.64 MB
    Last edited by garrett; 04-07-2021 at 01:55 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

I’ve lived both places, the weather is a negative for both. Funny you bring up the weather as a plus for the PNW. It fucking rains there all the time homie. Not like huge storms but this constant mist that keep everything wet, annoying as hell. Montana is a dry cold which isn’t as bad imo. Training missions where we stayed in the field when I was at Ft. Lewis were some of the coldest/miserable nights of my life. That rain does make everything green though, beautiful golf courses if you can find a day where it isn’t raining.

Garrett missed a big opportunity with not driving the going to the sun road, the views are spectacular.

Load Metric
    @nightmarefish yeah im familiar with how Ft Lewis is right there....

I was stationed down at Ft Polk in La, but interestingly enough and one of my first 'My Country not myself' moments was when I got to Ft Polk. As a part of the new then BCT we were moving a 4th Brigade of the 10th Mountain Division to Polk. The Pentagon was readjusting the Infantry to more efficient units. Like in my units case, they were doing it by adding an extra Brigade to each big Infantry Brigade. Normally in up State NY the 10th Mountain Division was still there but another Brigade was being added to the Big Infantry Divisons like 10thMoutain, 82nd etc..

Because we were moving in, a whole Infantry Brigade Polk needed a lotta room for us. And they sent the Sriker Brigade off to Ft Lewis. And they weren't home from Iraq very long at all, significant others, kids in school, ARMY dont give a fuck then they said go you went obviously. So the Striker Brigade who formerly called Ft Polk home got shipped out to be based in Ft Lewis moving forward. I was a little like woooooh, because they had also justcome home from Iraq. It was weird and there was a lotta drama and hate on base at Polk around all that, and more so from the families non-military ones and all. Because they had to go too. So it was just odd, but ive never been to Ft Lewis there myself but im aware of it. We also have a Special Forces Unit Stationed there (1st SF group =)..

Pretty smart stuff but actually that was my overall read on Seattle too honestly. Seattle struck me as a place you don't play games, either you got or gtfo. Because in Seattle and clearly some people REALLY do have that, ima a fn BoSs swag and it is not fake at all. To a point it actually is a little intimidating, you cant fake and make it in Seattle at all was my read in 3 days. They really got it, and that swag haha.....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Went there in 2013, right around the same time that local chick murdered her husband there.

Cool drive on Going to the Sun Road. You don't see glaciers, though, unless you want to hike a long way.

If you do want to see glaciers, I suggest either taking an Alaska cruise (make sure it goes to Glacier Bay, which can only be accessed by cruise ship), or go to Anchorage and take one of those glacier boat tours from Seward or Whittier. I've done both.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

I’ve lived both places, the weather is a negative for both. Funny you bring up the weather as a plus for the PNW. It fucking rains there all the time homie. Not like huge storms but this constant mist that keep everything wet, annoying as hell. Montana is a dry cold which isn’t as bad imo. Training missions where we stayed in the field when I was at Ft. Lewis were some of the coldest/miserable nights of my life. That rain does make everything green though, beautiful golf courses if you can find a day where it isn’t raining.

Garrett missed a big opportunity with not driving the going to the sun road, the views are spectacular.
    Glacier is obv beautiful but compared to other big parks is it worth it? I've looked into going before but seems like a lot of effort that could be applied toward visiting other parks (Zion, etc.)

PNW weather is the worst -- actually the biggest reason I'm looking to move to Colorado. Being mired in gloom for 8-9 months of the year fucks with your head. I think I could actually stomach downtown Portland being a festering, ruined shithole crawling with homeless zombies if it were sunny and nice. Being around 100% Bernie TDS people is also exhausting. PFA TR would love to know that my TDS is nonexistent compared to the average person here.

Also, not meaning to go full Druff here but the attractiveness of people is easily the worst of any place I've been. Men and women both, just on average much less attractive. The pierced overweight trans with shaved heads that the media loves is not just a caricature.

Outside of all that though, Oregon is truly wonderful.

Comments

garrett: lmfao.... 'pierced overweight trans with shaved heads that the media loves is not just a caricature'...
    Last edited by Sloppy Joe; 04-07-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    So of course I can tell maybe its not clear how I got the great pics, and what this whole experience was. This was actually taken from points along the way on an Amtrak Train Trip I just went on. From Chicago to San Francisco it was the Zephyr then up through Oregon to Seattle Washington. I was in Seattle 3 days then I left back for Chicago on the Empire Maker from Seattle. That's the one that went through Glacier National Park and through the day was able to get those pictures I posted.

It was incredible, and their is that you have to realize, while not miserable at all. It is still a train and so you gotta have a little more not pampered super comfy world is o.k. And then WOW is this an absolutely Amazing way to see this entire part of the Country. I jsut if its your type of thing I highly recommend it. But for me with the back issues I did at times have bad back pain the 2 long days from Chicago to San Fran and then back to Chicago the long rides. But other then that, and now im thinking about how amazing that was and way to see all of that part of thiis Country. And it really is beautiful for sure.

Which now home, looking back I was like wooh that was actually a very incredible, and real right up in it way to do it. Now it wasn't necessarily cheap, and it did take a little time. But you were immersed in those parts of the Country, all the way. From the Rocky Mountains to the Cascades, to Glacier Mountain Park, you were just perfectly all up in it. Chicago to San Fran I think it was the Zephyr and Seattle to Chicago was the Empire Maker train. Very interesting way to up close and personal see beautiful parts of this Country. And also get to spend a few days if you wanted wherever really.

Load Metric
    Oregon

Mt McLaughlin/Eugene etc..

Name:  20210401_122148.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  4.15 MB
    Name:  20210401_084436.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  2.25 MB
    Name:  20210401_084531.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  2.38 MB
    Name:  20210401_131204.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  3.12 MB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    So of course I can tell maybe its not clear how I got the great pics, and what this whole experience was. This was actually taken from points along the way on an Amtrak Train Trip I just went on. From Chicago to San Francisco it was the Zephyr then up through Oregon to Seattle Washington. I was in Seattle 3 days then I left back for Chicago on the Empire Maker from Seattle. That's the one that went through Glacier National Park and through the day was able to get those pictures I posted.

It was incredible, and their is that you have to realize, while not miserable at all. It is still a train and so you gotta have a little more not pampered super comfy world is o.k. And then WOW is this an absolutely Amazing way to see this entire part of the Country. I jsut if its your type of thing I highly recommend it. But for me with the back issues I did at times have bad back pain the 2 long days from Chicago to San Fran and then back to Chicago the long rides. But other then that, and now im thinking about how amazing that was and way to see all of that part of thiis Country. And it really is beautiful for sure.

Which now home, looking back I was like wooh that was actually a very incredible, and real right up in it way to do it. Now it wasn't necessarily cheap, and it did take a little time. But you were immersed in those parts of the Country, all the way. From the Rocky Mountains to the Cascades, to Glacier Mountain Park, you were just perfectly all up in it. Chicago to San Fran I think it was the Zephyr and Seattle to Chicago was the Empire Maker train. Very interesting way to up close and personal see beautiful parts of this Country. And also get to spend a few days if you wanted wherever really.
    I think drexel or vegas posted about a cross country train trip at one point?

I would love to do this someday, have always loved long train rides.

garrett, how does it work? Are there lots of stops throughout?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Yeah I flew in and out of Chicago and in the past year with Covid cruises are still not cruising, and for me the past year has been alot of Medical stuff so this timing seemed to work perfectly. And going now, it was actually nice because Amtrak was even real strict about spacing, and half booked so the entire Train mostly was spacey and nice. I flew in and out of Chicago where it left from there at Union Station. That was the Zephyr Train from Chicago to San Francisco and tool about 2 days maybe, or 2.5 days. And that went through the Rocky Mountains to Salt Lake City, and then over to Reno and Northern Nevada area there. That was pretty too. And im pretty sure, Amtrack is building these line especially these with scenic element's and pretty views when Possible.

After Salt Lake City and Reno we went into California down through Sacramento and into San Francisco which is where I got off and stayed a few days there. Then I had booked the Train up to Seattle from San Fran about 3 days out, and then left to Seattle. I stayed in Seattle for 3 days and then left on the Empire Maker one that went from Seattle back to Chicago which is where I flew home from to Florida about 12 or so days later.

In theory even at many of the little stops along the way say like Eugene in Oregon, you could have booked to there, planned a 3 or 4 day stay there or wherever, then booked the next possible train line after that to wherever you wanted to go. So actually people got on and off all the time, some of us were going much further together. And many others were just more local or in State ones really. But actually you could plan it and stop wherever and I think you could find out where point A to B if you wanted to get on idea. It was pretty, great vies and like a certain car is just for that. Has windows eh most the ceiling then front and back its called the 'Observation Car' and I spent a lot of the day in the Observation Car myself, and that is where many pics got taken form. The food wasnt terrible, you did have a menu to choose from, non Covid they do have a chef actually. The food wasn't terrible, it wasnt Cafeteria like. They actually try, and it wasn't terrible. I had Chicken Marsala one night, Enchiladas another night. Omelets in the morning for example. Honestly for what it was it was o.k. and im not someone with overly snobby expectations anyway. So for me I was happy with what it was, and the beauty along the way.

And obviously for whatever reason I just was really wowed and fell in Love with Seattle I guess. And that's never really happened to me before when I went somewhere like that. And leaving in a few days I felt like I was sad and leaving some far away love I had there or something haha.. It was weird, but first time only 3 days but wow I just felt like I got teased with Seattle Honestly. And now I want to go back, cant wait to go back because their is sooo much more I want to see and experience in Seattle. That was oddly the place I may have wowed by the most. Just the way it was and how genuine and nice, but also smart and wealthy that whole city was. Then Glacier National Park was amazing on the wya back to Chicago.

Now im home in hot Florida and its going into May so its about to be 85-90+ for the next 8+ Months now haha, Florida life.. Anyways it was amazing and if you can enjoy it for what it is and the beauty in it all, I think it is worth it myself. It was a very unique and interesting experience for sure. Im still kinda sad im home and its over to be honest with you haha.......

Load Metric

Yeah I flew in and out of Chicago and in the past year with Covid cruises are still not cruising, and for me the past year has been alot of Medical stuff so this timing seemed to work perfectly. And going now, it was actually nice because Amtrak was even real strict about spacing, and half booked so the entire Train mostly was spacey and nice. I flew in and out of Chicago where it left from there at Union Station. That was the Zephyr Train from Chicago to San Francisco and tool about 2 days maybe, or 2.5 days. And that went through the Rocky Mountains to Salt Lake City, and then over to Reno and Northern Nevada area there. That was pretty too. And im pretty sure, Amtrack is building these line especially these with scenic element's and pretty views when Possible.

After Salt Lake City and Reno we went into California down through Sacramento and into San Francisco which is where I got off and stayed a few days there. Then I had booked the Train up to Seattle from San Fran about 3 days out, and then left to Seattle. I stayed in Seattle for 3 days and then left on the Empire Maker one that went from Seattle back to Chicago which is where I flew home from to Florida about 12 or so days later.

In theory even at many of the little stops along the way say like Eugene in Oregon, you could have booked to there, planned a 3 or 4 day stay there or wherever, then booked the next possible train line after that to wherever you wanted to go. So actually people got on and off all the time, some of us were going much further together. And many others were just more local or in State ones really. But actually you could plan it and stop wherever and I think you could find out where point A to B if you wanted to get on idea. It was pretty, great vies and like a certain car is just for that. Has windows eh most the ceiling then front and back its called the 'Observation Car' and I spent a lot of the day in the Observation Car myself, and that is where many pics got taken form. The food wasnt terrible, you did have a menu to choose from, non Covid they do have a chef actually. The food wasn't terrible, it wasnt Cafeteria like. They actually try, and it wasn't terrible. I had Chicken Marsala one night, Enchiladas another night. Omelets in the morning for example. Honestly for what it was it was o.k. and im not someone with overly snobby expectations anyway. So for me I was happy with what it was, and the beauty along the way.

And obviously for whatever reason I just was really wowed and fell in Love with Seattle I guess. And that's never really happened to me before when I went somewhere like that. And leaving in a few days I felt like I was sad and leaving some far away love I had there or something haha.. It was weird, but first time only 3 days but wow I just felt like I got teased with Seattle Honestly. And now I want to go back, cant wait to go back because their is sooo much more I want to see and experience in Seattle. That was oddly the place I may have wowed by the most. Just the way it was and how genuine and nice, but also smart and wealthy that whole city was. Then Glacier National Park was amazing on the wya back to Chicago.

Now im home in hot Florida and its going into May so its about to be 85-90+ for the next 8+ Months now haha, Florida life.. Anyways it was amazing and if you can enjoy it for what it is and the beauty in it all, I think it is worth it myself. It was a very unique and interesting experience for sure. Im still kinda sad im home and its over to be honest with you haha.......
    I like Seattle too; it looks like you had decent weather. Most times I've been its rainy etc.

The homeless problem is bad there too but not as bad as Portland.

Still a good weekend getaway spot for us. I usually stay at a Silver Cloud that is right between Mariners/Seahawks stadiums and within walking distance to downtown.

Load Metric
    Enjoy the glaciers while you can.

Comments

nightmarefish: I have to admit I laughed. Well played well played

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

In theory even at many of the little stops along the way say like Eugene in Oregon, you could have booked to there, planned a 3 or 4 day stay there or wherever, then booked the next possible train line after that to wherever you wanted to go. So actually people got on and off all the time, some of us were going much further together. And many others were just more local or in State ones really. But actually you could plan it and stop wherever and I think you could find out where point A to B if you wanted to get on idea. It was pretty, great vies and like a certain car is just for that. Has windows eh most the ceiling then front and back its called the 'Observation Car' and I spent a lot of the day in the Observation Car myself, and that is where many pics got taken form. The food wasnt terrible, you did have a menu to choose from, non Covid they do have a chef actually. The food wasn't terrible, it wasn't Cafeteria like. They actually try, and it wasn't terrible. I had Chicken Marsala one night, Enchiladas another night. Omelets in the morning for example. Honestly for what it was it was o.k. and im not someone with overly snobby expectations anyway. So for me I was happy with what it was, and the beauty along the way.

I like Seattle too; it looks like you had decent weather. Most times I've been its rainy etc.

The homeless problem is bad there too but not as bad as Portland.

Still a good weekend getaway spot for us. I usually stay at a Silver Cloud that is right between Mariners/Seahawks stadiums and within walking distance to downtown.
    Name:  20210403_093343.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  1.69 MB
    Name:  83.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  13.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by garrett; 04-07-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Thread Information