Thread: Got some awesome news today

Load Metric

Got some awesome news today

Seriously though. I didn’t mention it on here despite being tempted. I was told during a follow up appointment last month there was concern for Lymphoma based on an older scan done in late 2019. MRIs were done end of June. Had my followup today with the MD. Clean bill of health. No signs of lymph node issues. Even my gallbladder and such came back clean. I have some minor very early stage reversible fibrosis of my liver but having dropped 50lbs in less then a year (separate from the hospital weight I’d lost. So I’m very grateful for that news today as it’s been a very challenging year health wise obviously. I can finally get my Covid shot end of this week since the 90 day wait post Covid discharge is up. A little worried because my wife got hers last week and has been dealing with a reaction issue for a week now. Major localized reaction and then some minor Covid symptoms including spiking a fever for a couple days and she wasn’t as sick as I was but we shall see.

On a side note I’m working on plans to play likely a couple WSOP donkaments this October. Likely will play the Reunion Day 1C and then if I make it through go from there and also the Colossus end of October similar playing later flight so I just play through and can limit hotel days money wise just am limited so far looks like $1000 per trip (Reunion is $400 buy in cheapest hotel is Harrahs totaling $460 from Saturday checking out Wednesday. If I get bounced I’ll play some cash maybe online or who knows. Air far will be dirt cheap Rnd trip literally like $60 on Frontier from Phx to LV). After the challenges Healthwise I’m like F it I can’t say anymore maybe i can do it next year and assume the chance will even be there. Ya only live once (unless ya believe in reincarnation) so no regrets anymore. If money improves I may expand my schedule but realistically I know I can make those two happen.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Congrats!

IamGreek: OPA!

Walter Sobchak: Glad to hear

splitthis: Weight loss saves, keep good health practices going

Load Metric
    I dunno man, these issues just rebound over time. I hope you make it long term because we only have like 25 posters still around, but geez you sound like Patrick Swayze. Hope things work out though!

Comments

Walter Sobchak: What a dick

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I dunno man, these issues just rebound over time. I hope you make it long term because we only have like 25 posters still around, but geez you sound like Patrick Swayze. Hope things work out though!
    Well no worries on pancreatic issues either. It came back clean too. Not gonna lie it was a small worry given being diabetic chronic pancreatic inflammation can be a concern. So now I can focus on getting my back fixed finally again once I get clearance from the Covid leftovers so maybe end of the year (after WSOP window would open towards end of Oct as I have to wait 6 months and ensure no residual lung issues and such for the surgery). I’d love to get my life back totally this has been a long time coming. I’ve added back in some supplements that are antioxidant and such.

Comments

splitthis: See a nutrition response testing natural doc, you will be transformed

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Well no worries on pancreatic issues either. It came back clean too. Not gonna lie it was a small worry given being diabetic chronic pancreatic inflammation can be a concern. So now I can focus on getting my back fixed finally again once I get clearance from the Covid leftovers so maybe end of the year (after WSOP window would open towards end of Oct as I have to wait 6 months and ensure no residual lung issues and such for the surgery). I’d love to get my life back totally this has been a long time coming. I’ve added back in some supplements that are antioxidant and such.
    whats wrong with ur back

Thread Information