Thread: Union or Non-Union?

Bronze
    Load Metric

Union or Non-Union?

State your case.

Load Metric
    So I feel like I can answer this honestly here, and have had some actual now real life experience seeing both sides of this now. And the people working in it, or if not where it doesn't exist really. I was born and raised in New Jersey down to shore but NYC was only an hour train ride away, standard commute where im from. Jersey a Union State and being from down the shore, lots of people I knew, or know ended up going to the Unions, whether its was Iron workers Union or Dock Builders but they could, and di because the UNion paycheck and benefits are very good. Especially for an Avg. Joe job of sorts too, or a meh gotta work so I can handle this I guess kinda thing, for some.

Florida is a non-Union State here, so polar opposite literally. And the Police Forces and that whole element is a big job supporter down here, for the Avg Joes, and that is so different then up in Jersey. But as ive gotten older, and see the differences I also see how each side of this or that, could also be what a person may want. Where and what I want doesn't matter, but in general I guess that's the beauty of American right lol. We really do have both sides, of it all, so you really can just go where you want in theory too right.

So lucky to be Americans and free for sure =)

Load Metric
    Right to Work is the only correct response here. I am neither Pro or Con Union. I just think that each worker should have the right to make their own choice to join or not to join. It shouldn't be that you have to join a Union to get a certain job. That's Just Wrong. Plain and Simple.

Thread Information