Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my Vaccine last week....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Who is "they"?

This is actually a source of controversy. Nobody knows the exact answer to whether you should take any pain relievers while sick from the 2nd shot. Some say it's okay, some say only Tylenol, some say none at all.

However, it's universally agreed that the safest bet is to take nothing, unless you absolutely can't stand it.

The nurse that jabbed me in the arm.

Oh and also the CDC...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/17/cdc-...rchterm=otc%20
    The CDC has been wrong over and over again regarding COVID.

There have been no credible studies about this, and it's very possible taking pain meds could harm efficacy. It's not worth it just for a day of suffering. If the illness lasted a week, I'd understand.

Load Metric

Oh and also the CDC...

There have been no credible studies about this, and it's very possible taking pain meds could harm efficacy. It's not worth it just for a day of suffering. If the illness lasted a week, I'd understand.

Well, duh.

Who would take meds for a cold?

You’re still

Load Metric

Oh and also the CDC...

Yeah I’ve saw different things on it also. None of the literature I got said anything about avoiding it at all.

I’ve read doctors say don’t take anything a few days before as far as NSIADs. The only studies were on children being given pain relievers on other vaccinations who were afraid of shots and there being some less efficacy.

There haven’t been any studies on this with Covid specifically other than the success they had with trials didn’t stop people from taking them. Doesn’t mean those who took them weren’t part of the 5% who got mild case though.

I stopped 2 days before and 2 days after.

They pretty much said there is no evidence post-vaccination on any level, but there is some evidence pre with other things, and logically there could be some post, but no evidence thus far.

Fortunately I didn’t need anything anyway, but I think some fever over 103 would be only thing where I’d consider it.

It’s a day, so short of some delirium level fever, I wouldn’t take anything.

I have a feeling we may never need it again. I think we may have it recommended to get it again, but I doubt many of us actually NEED it again. It’s been encouraging to see it work through all these different mutations. I’d guess once we have the antibodies, we are pretty set, so might as well get max amount and not suppress with NSAIDS.

Comments

splitthis: Keep poppin your drugs being fraid of virus lol

1marley1: Split’s off

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Yeah I’ve saw different things on it also. None of the literature I got said anything about avoiding it at all.

I’ve read doctors say don’t take anything a few days before as far as NSIADs. The only studies were on children being given pain relievers on other vaccinations who were afraid of shots and there being some less efficacy.

There haven’t been any studies on this with Covid specifically other than the success they had with trials didn’t stop people from taking them. Doesn’t mean those who took them weren’t part of the 5% who got mild case though.

I stopped 2 days before and 2 days after.

They pretty much said there is no evidence post-vaccination on any level, but there is some evidence pre with other things, and logically there could be some post, but no evidence thus far.

Fortunately I didn’t need anything anyway, but I think some fever over 103 would be only thing where I’d consider it.

It’s a day, so short of some delirium level fever, I wouldn’t take anything.

I have a feeling we may never need it again. I think we may have it recommended to get it again, but I doubt many of us actually NEED it again. It’s been encouraging to see it work through all these different mutations. I’d guess once we have the antibodies, we are pretty set, so might as well get max amount and not suppress with NSAIDS.

keep dreaming guy, you'll be getting covid shots every 6 months along with annual lockdowns

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

If you have or have had blood clots in the past don't take it.

You will also have to take yearly booster shots so pharmaceutical companies can make even more money.

Ugh, terrible. Great fodder for dwai and anti vaxxers, bad for society as a whole.
    If you go back a week you’ll see split and desert both say that’s the only vaccine anyone should take if they want vaccinated and it should be the standard bearer.

I thought how moronic a statement given there had already been like 180 million doses of Pfizer and Moderna with an amazingly low number of incidents. But that’s what was going around the right wing tardsphere, so I knew they’d be here to regurgitate it.

It doesn’t matter what subject is being discussed, in any thread, those two and dwai find a way to carve out the stupidest position on every subject. If they just advocated for, or thought the opposite of whatever sounds smart rattling around their empty heads, they’d almost never be wrong on anything. It’s truly amazing how whatever they say, it’s the dumbest position to hold.

It reminds me of that old Seinfeld episode where George does the opposite of every natural inclination and instantly thrives.

It’s hard to be wrong on everything, almost statistically impossible, yet they pull it off.

I knew J&J was in trouble the minute they got the retard endorsement.

Comments

splitthis: Stupid

dwai: lol sorry we're always right faggot

garrett: lol Tomato Train.. let you know how it goes =)

1marley1: These fools

gimmick:

Silver
    Load Metric
    got the J&J on friday and got zero point zero side effects.... im 39 fwiw

also the sheet of paper they handed us with info on it said it was ok to take over the counter advil or tylenol (acetominophen/ibuprofen)

Silver
    Load Metric
    also i recently became aware of a movie called "Contagion" that came out in like 2011... its about an airborne virus taking over the world, ended up watching it and it was decent. has matt damon, jude law, gwyneth and other big names in it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Ugh, terrible. Great fodder for dwai and anti vaxxers, bad for society as a whole.
    If you go back a week you’ll see split and desert both say that’s the only vaccine anyone should take if they want vaccinated and it should be the standard bearer.

I thought how moronic a statement given there had already been like 180 million doses of Pfizer and Moderna with an amazingly low number of incidents. But that’s what was going around the right wing tardsphere, so I knew they’d be here to regurgitate it.

It doesn’t matter what subject is being discussed, in any thread, those two and dwai find a way to carve out the stupidest position on every subject. If they just advocated for, or thought the opposite of whatever sounds smart rattling around their empty heads, they’d almost never be wrong on anything. It’s truly amazing how whatever they say, it’s the dumbest position to hold.

It reminds me of that old Seinfeld episode where George does the opposite of every natural inclination and instantly thrives.

It’s hard to be wrong on everything, almost statistically impossible, yet they pull it off.

You are stupid. The real issue is that no one wants the mRNA vaccines and are waiting for the j&j which is closest to known and tested vaccine. The women affected were on birth control which is the real cause of the clots.

This all has to do with money and experimenting on dumb drug addicted humans like you.

Comments

garrett: WoW haha Split with the real Zinger right here lmao.......

dwai:

1marley1: 6/6,000,000
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    1marley1: 6/6,000,000
    EVEN ONE LIFE IS TOO MANY.

remember you libs tilting over this for the past year?

get over it faggot

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Silver
    Load Metric
    Serious question as I can’t find anything definitive on this. I’m supposed to get my 2nd shot tomorrow but on Sunday woke up with a cold. Sunday and Monday sucked but yesterday I felt a lot better although still have mild symptoms.

Assuming I still have some symptoms tomorrow am I good to get the 2nd shot or am I supposed to wait until symptoms are totally gone before getting it? Hopefully it’s moot and cold is completely gone by then but can’t seem to find anything that says what’s the protocol here. Team retard need not reply. Thanks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Serious question as I can’t find anything definitive on this. I’m supposed to get my 2nd shot tomorrow but on Sunday woke up with a cold. Sunday and Monday sucked but yesterday I felt a lot better although still have mild symptoms.

Assuming I still have some symptoms tomorrow am I good to get the 2nd shot or am I supposed to wait until symptoms are totally gone before getting it? Hopefully it’s moot and cold is completely gone by then but can’t seem to find anything that says what’s the protocol here. Team retard need not reply. Thanks.
    lmao that you are sincerely asking this poker board about whether or not you should get your 2nd Covid shot

hilarious actually, also this is the guy who wanted to bet $500 on Seagull having a higher I.Q. then me lmao..

Do what the Dr. tells you to do of course

=)

Comments

Sheesfaced: Despite my reply below you raise a fair point

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

lmao that you are sincerely asking this poker board about whether or not you should get your 2nd Covid shot

hilarious actually, also this is the guy who wanted to bet $500 on Seagull having a higher I.Q. then me lmao..

Do what the Dr. tells you to do of course

=)
    You must’ve missed the part where I said team retard need not reply.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

You are stupid. The real issue is that no one wants the mRNA vaccines and are waiting for the j&j which is closest to known and tested vaccine. The women affected were on birth control which is the real cause of the clots.

This all has to do with money and experimenting on dumb drug addicted humans like you.

I find it astonishing that the dumbest trash alive are the most worried about mRNA altering their DNA.

One needs to have an IQ of 80 or lower to ride the short bus to school.

You 3 morons absolutely lost the genetic lottery and can’t be more than 10 points above that short bus threshold and you’re exactly who is worried about their DNA being “altered.”

It’s like not wanting a new super lotto ticket despite the one you’re holding already having been drawn and yours has zero correct numbers. You three occupy the very bottom rung of life.

You should pray something changes your DNA. You have absolutely nothing to lose.

Any change or even death would be a drastic improvement to your current situation. You are borderline retarded. Death, some improvement, or even being an actual retard would be an upgrade. At least actual retards have an excuse.

You should be signing up for every medical experiment offered. Anything completely radical. Electric shock therapy at higher levels than ever used. Poisonous snakes biting you in your jugular for some experimental anti-venom. Preventative lobotomies. Your name should be on every clinical trial for everything they’ll ever offer, and be involved in multiple trials all at once. Science done in third world countries.

You should be the step before they experiment on animals and lab rats.

Fuck, anything imaginable that gives you some small shot of not dying as you’re living, which is the dumbest person in any room. That’s already the worst case scenario.

Comments

dwai: tilting hard

splitthis: Devolved into a total drug addicted troll

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This is another one where it's confusing whether to do it or not.

In 2010 I had a series of colds and I needed both a flu shot and TDaP booster because I had a baby coming very soon. However, they kept telling me I had to wait for the cold to get mostly better before doing either one of them, unless I absolutely was out of time.

Well, I finally found a window about a month before Ben was due. First I did the flu shot, then I came back about a week later for the TDaP. I got a strong reaction to the TDaP, but wasn't alarmed because my mom and sister had the same reaction. About 2.5 weeks later, I had shingles. I am almost sure it was brought on by the TDaP shot, but I always thought the cold right beforehand (and the flu shot) might have also played a role in this. There were other anecdotal reports about the TDaP bringing on shingles in some people in the exact same 2.5 week timeframe.

Anyway, at the moment the general feeling about the COVID vaccine is that it's okay to take with a cold, but they're not 100% sure of it. It's not dangerous to take with a cold, but the effect on efficacy isn't known. I'm not sure why this differs from what I was told about the flu shot and TDaP shot in 2010, though.

Comments

Sheesfaced:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    BCR isn't playin today.

But seriously, this shit is painful. I have a close friend that isn't worried at all about the virus but terrified about the vaccine. As soon as the J&J news comes out she quickly puts it on blast as if this 1 in a million chance of getting a blood clot has somehow validated the hill she's chose to die on. Once again, not concerned at all about a virus that kills 1 out of 200 but deathly afraid of the vaccine giving her a 1 in a 1,000,000 blood clot. It's so irrational that conversation with her is pointless.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    BCR isn't playin today.

But seriously, this shit is painful. I have a close friend that isn't worried at all about the virus but terrified about the vaccine. As soon as the J&J news comes out she quickly puts it on blast as if this 1 in a million chance of getting a blood clot has somehow validated the hill she's chose to die on. Once again, not concerned at all about a virus that kills 1 out of 200 but deathly afraid of the vaccine giving her a 1 in a 1,000,000 blood clot. It's so irrational that conversation with her is pointless.
    Yeah just shut up and take the vaccine! bigot!

trust the experts, we can go back to normal!

wait, no we can't, still have to wear masks, still lockdowns, vaccine passports, just shut up and take the vaccine, stop thinking!

Comments

splitthis: They are total idiots

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    BCR isn't playin today.

Yeah just shut up and take the vaccine! bigot!

trust the experts, we can go back to normal!

wait, no we can't, still have to wear masks, still lockdowns, vaccine passports, just shut up and take the vaccine, stop thinking!
    Way to avoid everything I posted.

Where do you live that's still locked down? California is close to opening everything back up, kids went back to school on 4/12/21. This is because of the people that weren't too pussy to take the vaccine. California currently has the lowest positively rate in the country.

If not for the vaccine, how do you see the country opening back up? Seriously, what's the path in your mind? You want to be stuck in your house for another 2 years?

The people that hate the lockdowns the most are also the people that refuse to take the vaccine which is the path out of the lockdowns. wtf

Comments

splitthis: Wrong and drum

BCR: When split says you’re wrong, you’re always right. It’s that simple.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaDump View Post
    Got my second on Saturday (Moderna). Light headache otherwise fine.
    You lucked out.

Vaccine must have been impressed by the celebrities you know.
    Highly likely. And the list continues to grow...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

I find it astonishing that the dumbest trash alive are the most worried about mRNA altering their DNA.

One needs to have an IQ of 80 or lower to ride the short bus to school.

You 3 morons absolutely lost the genetic lottery and can’t be more than 10 points above that short bus threshold and you’re exactly who is worried about their DNA being “altered.”

It’s like not wanting a new super lotto ticket despite the one you’re holding already having been drawn and yours has zero correct numbers. You three occupy the very bottom rung of life.

You should pray something changes your DNA. You have absolutely nothing to lose.

Any change or even death would be a drastic improvement to your current situation. You are borderline retarded. Death, some improvement, or even being an actual retard would be an upgrade. At least actual retards have an excuse.

You should be signing up for every medical experiment offered. Anything completely radical. Electric shock therapy at higher levels than ever used. Poisonous snakes biting you in your jugular for some experimental anti-venom. Preventative lobotomies. Your name should be on every clinical trial for everything they’ll ever offer, and be involved in multiple trials all at once. Science done in third world countries.

You should be the step before they experiment on animals and lab rats.

Fuck, anything imaginable that gives you some small shot of not dying as you’re living, which is the dumbest person in any room. That’s already the worst case scenario.
    Lolz at a lifelong drug addict with zero education skooling me. Troll. Lolz. Take more pills and vaccines champ. Young people and older who take care of themselves have near zero risk of dying of covid so keep pushing the dumb sheep agenda.

Comments

nightmarefish: How about having an adult conversation instead of just telling me I'm wrong? You're pushing 70 now, act like it.

dwai: offset
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Name:  96-F35-D1-F-4-E9-C-4-BAF-AD9-B-27039-AAF4-C57.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  51.3 KB

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information