Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Coke, MLB and Georgia...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I also love how jsearles keeps claiming it's a "voter suppression exercise", yet when I carefully debunked everything he said, he simply called it a "wall of text" and refused to answer any of it.

And yet he's still calling it suppression.

Which part is suppression?

Voter ID? That's also in Colorado.

Doing away with the Double Dutch Voter Bus? That didn't exist until late 2020, and was a temporary thing in Fulton County for COVID. And it's unfair to have such a thing going forward, since it doesn't exist in all counties.

Reducing drop boxes? Those also didn't exist prior to 2020, and were a temporary COVID add. So this compromise allowed them to remain, but just reduced the number. How come people were able to vote all throughout Georgia history, all the way through 2019, without them? How is this voter suppression?

Disallowing political groups from giving food/water gifts to people in long voter lines? Do you not understand that this could seriously influence the way people vote/ Are you really dumb enough to believe that these "food/water providers" aren't politically motivated?

You haven't stated one actual form of suppression occurring from that bill.
    We aren’t going to agree. You wanna go on repeating ourselves for a few more days? They so very clearly are trying to suppress votes because they can’t win otherwise. #lessvotesisbetter.

Insert “you ignored all my points” here again and again. I’ve addressed what I addressed numerous times. I initially waded into the muck to respond to your cock monkey. Nothing has changed.
    So you think MLB should have moved the All Star Game over this?

Should sports leagues only hold games in cities where they agree with the politics?

I would never want MLB to move an All Star Game because of any Democratic policies enacted. Do you think I'd be mad if the All Star Game was held in San Francisco? Do you think any conservatives would demand MLB move it, if it were scheduled to be there?

How come it's only Democrats demanding stupid shit like this?

Load Metric

We aren’t going to agree. You wanna go on repeating ourselves for a few more days? They so very clearly are trying to suppress votes because they can’t win otherwise. #lessvotesisbetter.

Insert “you ignored all my points” here again and again. I’ve addressed what I addressed numerous times. I initially waded into the muck to respond to your cock monkey. Nothing has changed.
    1. So you think MLB should have moved the All Star Game over this?

2. Should sports leagues only hold games in cities where they agree with the politics?

I would never want MLB to move an All Star Game because of any Democratic policies enacted. Do you think I'd be mad if the All Star Game was held in San Francisco? Do you think any conservatives would demand MLB move it, if it were scheduled to be there?

3. How come it's only Democrats demanding stupid shit like this?
    1. Yes

2. As a blanket statement, no.

3. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...platform%3Damp
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I thought patriots were not into cancel culture?
    Stop thinking, you’re gonna hurt yourself.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

1. So you think MLB should have moved the All Star Game over this?

2. Should sports leagues only hold games in cities where they agree with the politics?

3. How come it's only Democrats demanding stupid shit like this?
    1. Yes

1) LOL. Woke jsearles is very sad to see.

2) I don't see how you can say you don't want to see games moved over disagreement about politics, and then you support the game moving because of politics.

3) Terrible example. The Texas governor backed out of a MLB event because of a politically-related action MLB took! He did not back out of it because he was unhappy with politics unrelated to baseball!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDruff
    Republicans ...... are trying to keep the voting much more standard, to where all of these additional allowances are either eliminated or reduced. They aren't doing this to suppress, but rather because they feel that the Democrats are only pushing this ridiculous shit in order to increase their vote totals.
    Not to suppress the vote. We just don’t want Democrats voting.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

1. Yes

2) I don't see how you can say you don't want to see games moved over disagreement about politics, and then you support the game moving because of politics.

3) Terrible example. The Texas governor backed out of a MLB event because of a politically-related action MLB took! He did not back out of it because he was unhappy with politics unrelated to baseball!
    2. You do realize there’s a huge difference in actions right? Mild or slight disagreements shouldn’t affect playing of regular games. No one agrees on everything. Yet you try to pigeonhole this into no games should be played ever. It’s a retarded take. Politicizing a single high profile event obviously has an intended effect.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

2. You do realize there’s a huge difference in actions right? Mild or slight disagreements shouldn’t affect playing of regular games. No one agrees on everything. Yet you try to pigeonhole this into no games should be played ever. It’s a retarded take. Politicizing a single high profile event obviously has an intended effect.
    I didn't say mild or slight disagreement.

I meant extreme political disagreement.

Let's go back to the San Francisco example. I hate everything about San Francisco politics. I think it's garbage. I think those terrible politics have ruined what was once a beautiful and unique city, among other things.

Does it bother me if an All Star Game is held there? Not at all. Does it bother me if any organization does business there? No. It's absurd to pressure businesses to punish cities or states whose politics you find distasteful. Conservatives don't do this siht. Yes, they'll boycott individual companies they don't like, but you'll never see a mass movement of conservatives asking for corporations to stay out of certain cities or states.

We won't agree on the Georgia voter law. That's fine. I didn't think I could convince you. However, I was trying to present the REASONABLE arguments of the other side, and showing you why it's not "suppression" -- but rather just a different (and fair) interpretation of voter law. You can disagree with that voter law, but it's not suppression, and it's definitely not something which should cause MLB to move the All Star Game out of a heavily black county.

Basically 2020s Democrats have taken the position that they're going to call everything "racist", "sexist", "homophobic", or "transphobic" when Republicans disagree with them, and then they pressure big corporations to go along with their absurd assertions. It's no longer a matter off agreeing to disagree. It's, "Agree with us, or we will punish you."

I'm surprised you're going along with this. It's a terrible precedent to set, where uninvolved entities are dragged into political matters, and forced to take a side, out of fear of punishment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Turns out you like cancel culture after all.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I thought patriots were not into cancel culture?
    We didn't start the boycotts. That's been a Dem thing. But it's now time to fight fire with fire. If we don't hurt the corporations financially for their stupid moves they will always be the bitches of the woketards. Enough is enough. My Coke Zero habit is over. Fuck 'em.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I have pretty much checked out of sports. It isn't completely the social justice stuff, but that is a big part of it. I am not calling for any type of boycott or anything, I just am not personally interested anymore. Interestingly, without me being interested my 9 year old son has mostly checked out too. So at least in our families case, could be a multigenerational loss of interest (and income) to the sports world from this current social justice stuff.

Of course, football (and more importantly gambling on football) might suck me back in come September. It always has before. So we shall see.

Load Metric
    Marco Rubio is really putting Commissioner of Baseball, Rob Manfred to the test. In an open letter he has challenged Manfred to drop his membership from Augusta National. I'll bet Manfred didn't want that little tidbit, that he belongs to Augusta National, to get out. No fricking luck there, dude. And....Rubio is also challenging Manfred to end MLB's relationship with countries that don't have elections, like Cuba and China.

We'll see what this massive hypocrite, Manfred, is made of.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    I don't understand the drop boxes at all

Why would you put a middle man between you and the post office?

Why can't you just drop it in the mail, like every other piece of mail?

Nothing good can come of the boxes, only bad.
    Drop boxes ELIMINATE the middle man, which happens to be the USPS.

Load Metric
    Coke will be just fine. Their stock has done wonderfully for me as a long-term hold. A century from now they'll still be generating fat stacks for their shareholders. Keep posting dumb Facebook memes though. I'm sure they're shaking in their boots.

BTW that post is racist, and you are racist.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

BTW that post is racist, and you are racist.
    Sometimes I wonder if you actually remove the bait hook from your mouth before typing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Have to admit I didn't stop buying Coke over this. I'm not someone who boycotts for political reasons. I'll sometimes do the opposite, choosing a product because I LIKE the politics of the company, but only if I like the product and it's roughly equivalent to the competition.

I'm not even angry at Coke. I know exactly what they're doing. It's all profit-driven. I blame the media and the Democrats for this shit, because they have gotten together to put tremendous pressure on these corporations to repeat the narrative of the woke cult. It was a business decision. Sure, I'd have more respect for them if they refused, but I'm not bitter that they went the other way.

For the most part, my boycotts tend to be more personal. If a company fucks me, I will avoid using them ever again. Southwest Airlines and T-Mobile are good examples of this (though it helps that they suck anyway). If a company fucks friends or family members, same deal. But over politics? Nope.

Load Metric
    Hordes of blacks are rioting and burning cities right now. The same way they have for years. BLM leaders have stood on stages and called for the destruction of cities...Yet even the whitest "sport" bends the knee. In effort to capitulate to the woke mob, they've further alienated their fans and pushed them further right..

Load Metric
    Hordes of blacks are rioting and burning cities right now. The same way they have for years. BLM leaders have stood on stages and called for the destruction of cities...Yet even the whitest "sport" bends the knee. In effort to capitulate to the woke mob, they've further alienated their fans and pushed them further right..
    Fewer and fewer places for racists to hide. Even NASCAR lol

Don't worry, you still have polo.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think you mean, "Fewer and fewer corporations exist which don't fear the woke/media mob."

Load Metric
    I think you mean, "Fewer and fewer corporations exist which don't fear the woke/media mob."
    They're opposing people being disenfranchised. In this instance, they're doing the right thing.

Thread Information