Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Coke, MLB and Georgia...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I think you mean, "Fewer and fewer corporations exist which don't fear the woke/media mob."
    They're opposing people being disenfranchised. In this instance, they're doing the right thing.
    But that's not the reason they're doing it. Even if you think the Georgia voter law is suppression, these corporations are openly opposing it because they're terrified of the media and woke mob shaming them for sitting on the sidelines.

Notice you don't ever see me going after companies like Ben & Jerry's, which are rooted in a progressive identity. These recent corporate statements of opposition aren't even sincere. It's a disturbing display of faux-outrage borne from fear of the left and the media.

Honestly that's a big problem. We're basically seeing forced political compliance at the corporate level. This goes so much against the concept of a free society, yet half the country is cool with it because it's going along with the narrative they want.

Load Metric

They're opposing people being disenfranchised. In this instance, they're doing the right thing.
    But that's not the reason they're doing it. Even if you think the Georgia voter law is suppression, these corporations are openly opposing it because they're terrified of the media and woke mob shaming them for sitting on the sidelines.

Notice you don't ever see me going after companies like Ben & Jerry's, which are rooted in a progressive identity. These recent corporate statements of opposition aren't even sincere. It's a disturbing display of faux-outrage borne from fear of the left and the media.

Honestly that's a big problem. We're basically seeing forced political compliance at the corporate level. This goes so much against the concept of a free society, yet half the country is cool with it because it's going along with the narrative they want.
    I don't necessarily disagree with you. But I think it's rooted in the extreme polarization of the country. They find themselves forced to choose one side or the other and they are choosing to be on the right side of history.

Corporate America was rolling with the Republicans for decades but now that they've split at least on some issues it's a problem for Republicans. There's just as much political correctness and cancel culture on the right. It's very unfortunate.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    You didnt really think Trump would put his money where is mouth is did you? Fucking hypocrite

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/busin...ott/index.html

"A CNN reporter on April 8 enjoyed a Diet Coke at the Trump International Hotel in Washington D.C., the property that became a flagship and magnet for Trumpworld over the past four years."

"A second CNN reporter sipped on a Diet Coke at the club bar at the Trump National Doral golf club in Miami before a speech by Rep. Matt Gaetz on April 9."

"At Doral, the CNN reporter spotted a case of Diet Coke bottles opened and ready for use behind the eponymous Donald J. Trump ballroom. At the otherwise empty bar of DJT restaurant inside Trump's Las Vegas hotel, a CNN reporter was served a Coke on April 14 without any hesitation. "
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

I don't necessarily disagree with you. But I think it's rooted in the extreme polarization of the country. They find themselves forced to choose one side or the other and they are choosing to be on the right side of history.

Corporate America was rolling with the Republicans for decades but now that they've split at least on some issues it's a problem for Republicans. There's just as much political correctness and cancel culture on the right. It's very unfortunate.
    Intelligent Republicans are shook not never a dumb baseball exhibition,, but because corporations are making it known that being associated with conservatism is a long term loser.

Can only suppress voters so much these days. Thse corporations are smart.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Intelligent Republicans are shook not never a dumb baseball exhibition,, but because corporations are making it known that being associated with conservatism is a long term loser.

what are you at a George Floyd murder guilty verdict party or something?

you seem shit faced

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

you seem shit faced
    One autocorrected word makes the reading too hard?

Here's hoping Kyle Rittenhouse works out better AIDS cuck.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

you seem shit faced

Kyle Rittenhouse is GOD

he will be WALKING

Load Metric

Kyle Rittenhouse is GOD

he will be WALKING
    And sipping a Coke

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I've read this 3 times and can only understand the second half of it. I think dwai is right, you probably were at a Portland George Floyd celebration party.

But LOL @ thinking corporations are acting this way in order to disassociate with conservatism. Did you ever see Coke as a Republican drink? Was Delta a Republican airline? Was MLB a Republican sport?

No... they were all apolitical, and completely stayed out of political matters unrelated to their industries.

Why would any smart company want to piss off nearly half their customer base? They don't. They only took the positions they did because it was the lesser of two evils. If they didn't "speak out" against the Georgia law, they knew the media and the woke left would endlessly push the message that they're evil and racist, and they figured that would be more damaging than pissing off conservatives.

Pretty sad that you're so in favor of this thought policing.

Load Metric

I've read this 3 times and can only understand the second half of it. I think dwai is right, you probably were at a Portland George Floyd celebration party.

But LOL @ thinking corporations are acting this way in order to disassociate with conservatism. Did you ever see Coke as a Republican drink? Was Delta a Republican airline? Was MLB a Republican sport?

No... they were all apolitical, and completely stayed out of political matters unrelated to their industries.

Why would any smart company want to piss off nearly half their customer base? They don't. They only took the positions they did because it was the lesser of two evils. If they didn't "speak out" against the Georgia law, they knew the media and the woke left would endlessly push the message that they're evil and racist, and they figured that would be more damaging than pissing off conservatives.

Not *over a dumb baseball exhibition, my bad.

I don't care about it, and clearly it doesn't piss off half their customer base, only triggered internet guys.

Have you stopped guzzling liters of Coke over it?

They're moving away because it's a long term +ev move, not because MAGA twitter erupted.

Baseball too is evolving to not die of extinction.

Get used to this feeling, champ.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I don't care about it, and clearly it doesn't piss off half their customer base, only triggered internet guys.

They're moving away because it's a long term +ev move, not because MAGA twitter erupted.

Pretty sad how delusional you are. You really see this as a cultural revolution against conservatism. In reality, it's a fascist attempt by the political left and the mainstream media to enforce a uniform "acceptable" way of thinking.

If corporations decide they feel strongly about a certain political message and disseminate it, that's one thing. If they really want to stay out of politics, but are browbeaten by the media and woke left to make political statements they don't really believe, that's a big problem.

The general message being pushed is that it's now unacceptable to engage in wrongthink. It's no longer okay to just sit on the sidelines. If you don't actively participate in disseminating the woke left message, the media and the social media left are going to punish you.

These corporations are taking these woke positions out of fear, not out of a desire to disassociate themselves with any particular segment of their market.

I know it's easier to take the naive Portland view and not accept the fact that your party is engaging in fascist thought policing, but that's honestly what's happening here.

Comments

splitthis:

dwai:

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: What do you expect from a Sloppy Simpleton, complete bozo

Load Metric
    Intelligent Republicans are shook not never a dumb baseball exhibition,, but because corporations are making it known that being associated with conservatism is a long term loser. Can only suppress voters so much these days. Thse corporations are smart.
    You're an idiot that believes the lies you've been fed by the woke mob. The Georgia voting laws are more liberal now than most of the northeast states. You simple bitch.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric

Lightbulb

Pretty sad how delusional you are. You really see this as a cultural revolution against conservatism. In reality, it's a fascist attempt by the political left and the mainstream media to enforce a uniform "acceptable" way of thinking.

If corporations decide they feel strongly about a certain political message and disseminate it, that's one thing. If they really want to stay out of politics, but are browbeaten by the media and woke left to make political statements they don't really believe, that's a big problem.

The general message being pushed is that it's now unacceptable to engage in wrongthink. It's no longer okay to just sit on the sidelines. If you don't actively participate in disseminating the woke left message, the media and the social media left are going to punish you.

These corporations are taking these woke positions out of fear, not out of a desire to disassociate themselves with any particular segment of their market.

I know it's easier to take the naive Portland view and not accept the fact that your party is engaging in fascist thought policing, but that's honestly what's happening here.
    Real world is far bigger than the friendly confines of your Facebook groups, sport.

You saw the voting totals and you see the national trends.

Guess its cozier to imagine an amorphous villain making the corporations cuck your party versus big corporations having hard data and predictive models that is saying your worldview is becoming more obsolete and it's time to respond accordingly.

Easier to pin it on a 'woke mob' of trans bots being commandeered by George Soros and Bill Gates being able to bully, but the reality based position is pretty grim for you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Real world is far bigger than the friendly confines of your Facebook groups, sport.

Guess its cozier to imagine an amorphous villain making the corporations cuck your party versus big corporations having hard data and predictive models that is saying your worldview is becoming more obsolete and it's time to respond accordingly.

Easier to pin it on a 'woke mob' of trans bots being commandeered by George Soros and Bill Gates being able to bully, but the reality based position is pretty grim for you.
    The voting totals? You mean the wholly disappointing totals for Democrats after a highly controversial and unpopular Republican President still produced House gains for the GOP, even in areas which appeared solidly blue? Do you realize that not ONE expected R district flipped, yet this happened with several expected D districts?

Or are you just going by Biden essentially winning by default, and the Georgia Senate seats being won by Dems because of a unique set of circumstances in that special election?

I think you need to spend some time away from Portland. It's rotting your brain.

Corporations absolutely, positively do NOT want to piss off a large section of their consumer base. 75 million people voted for Trump, despite all of his obvious issues, and despite the mainstream media's 24/7 attacks on him and anyone who considered voting for him. How do you think these 75 million people feel when corporations take political sides in matters unrelated to their business? Sure, not all of them will boycott the business, but even losing 10% of those people could be devastating. Furthermore, there's a level below boycott, to where people won't outright stop patronizing that corporation, but will use the competition if all else is roughly equal. For example, if a flight on Delta is $310 and on United it's $325, some of these people will go for United due to this matter.

It has been long established by minds far greater than yours that large, public-facing corporations are best served by being politically nondescript and inoffensive to as large of a segment of the population as possible.

This has been changing in recent times because the media and woke mob puts pressure on these corporations to repeat the leftist narrative. Had Coke and Delta not put out opposition to the Georgia law, the media would have portrayed them as part of the Georgia good ol' boy network trying to keep black people down. They knew this because the media was already implying that would be the conclusion, so these companies had to take preventative action. Regarding MLB, President Biden actually stated on national TV that he wanted to see MLB move the All Star game... then guess what happened the next day?

It's all performative bullshit, due to absolute fear of the mainstream-media-backed woke mob. I think you know it, but don't have the balls to admit it, because then you'd basically have to concede that you're voting for what is a modern fascist cult.

Load Metric

The voting totals? You mean the wholly disappointing totals for Democrats after a highly controversial and unpopular Republican President still produced House gains for the GOP, even in areas which appeared solidly blue? Do you realize that not ONE expected R district flipped, yet this happened with several expected D districts?

Or are you just going by Biden essentially winning by default, and the Georgia Senate seats being won by Dems because of a unique set of circumstances in that special election?

I think you need to spend some time away from Portland. It's rotting your brain.

Corporations absolutely, positively do NOT want to piss off a large section of their consumer base. 75 million people voted for Trump, despite all of his obvious issues, and despite the mainstream media's 24/7 attacks on him and anyone who considered voting for him. How do you think these 75 million people feel when corporations take political sides in matters unrelated to their business? Sure, not all of them will boycott the business, but even losing 10% of those people could be devastating. Furthermore, there's a level below boycott, to where people won't outright stop patronizing that corporation, but will use the competition if all else is roughly equal. For example, if a flight on Delta is $310 and on United it's $325, some of these people will go for United due to this matter.

It has been long established by minds far greater than yours that large, public-facing corporations are best served by being politically nondescript and inoffensive to as large of a segment of the population as possible.

This has been changing in recent times because the media and woke mob puts pressure on these corporations to repeat the leftist narrative. Had Coke and Delta not put out opposition to the Georgia law, the media would have portrayed them as part of the Georgia good ol' boy network trying to keep black people down. They knew this because the media was already implying that would be the conclusion, so these companies had to take preventative action. Regarding MLB, President Biden actually stated on national TV that he wanted to see MLB move the All Star game... then guess what happened the next day?

It's all performative bullshit, due to absolute fear of the mainstream-media-backed woke mob. I think you know it, but don't have the balls to admit it, because then you'd basically have to concede that you're voting for what is a modern fascist cult.
    You two fools just outline the problem in America today. The parties are so extreme that you two literally just said it’s either “ a mob of trans bots being commandeered by George Soros and Bill Gates” or “ a modern fascist cult.”
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

You two fools just outline the problem in America today. The parties are so extreme that you two literally just said it’s either “ a mob of trans bots being commandeered by George Soros and Bill Gates” or “ a modern fascist cult.”
    Yes, it's great we have sensible "centrists" like you, who support moving the MLB All Star game from a 28% black county to a lily-white one, simply because Democrats are upset about a voting law which is totally sensible if you actually read it.

I'm sure all the white-owned businesses in Denver appreciate the support from sensitive people like you!

Load Metric

Yes, it's great we have sensible "centrists" like you, who support moving the MLB All Star game from a 28% black county to a lily-white one, simply because Democrats are upset about a voting law which is totally sensible if you actually read it.

I'm sure all the white-owned businesses in Denver appreciate the support from sensitive people like you!
    I’ll admit I’m often uninformed and out of my element politically. I try to use common sense and don’t align with any party necessarily. Sometimes I’m wrong. Are you ever willing to say the same?

Nonetheless, if you don’t think it’s an issue that we are literally saying it’s woke trans bots vs fascism, I don’t know what else to say to make my point. Maybe call me fat or something so you feel better.

Load Metric

Didn't know Team Retard has gone muhwhudda with the cult thing but I guess options are limited when there's a literal golden idol of King Retard at CPAC.

Few care about moving an All- Star exhibition except unemployed incels. Hence the thread.

Guess we'll see how conservatives rebound and if the GOP recovers. Early returns not great!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I actually have a lot of confidence in the 2022 midterms. Reminds me a lot of what happened in 1994.

Without the Trump bogeyman to invoke, the left is going to have a much harder time defending a lot of their extreme policies and attitudes, and swing voters are going to be turned off big time.

Honestly this forced corporate wokeness will probably help Republicans in the next election, though I still hate it overall, even if it temporarily benefits my party.

Democrats have one hope and one hope only for 2022 -- that COVID will disappear, the economy will roar back, and everyone will feel so good that they won't want to vote for any change. However, I think November 2022 might be a bit too late for that effect, as we'll probably have enough time in normalcy by then to wherre this will be less of a factor. But honestly that's the only way out of a bad 2022 for your party. The House results of 2020 foreshadowed that, but are largely forgotten now because of Trump losing and Warnock/Ossoff winning.

But you have to ask yourself why several "solid" blue districts voted in red house candidates, and why the reverse didn't occur in a single red district. That was 2020, an election with far more favorable conditions for Democrats than 2022 is likely to be.

Load Metric
    I actually have a lot of confidence in the 2022 midterms. Reminds me a lot of what happened in 1994.

Without the Trump bogeyman to invoke, the left is going to have a much harder time defending a lot of their extreme policies and attitudes, and swing voters are going to be turned off big time.

Honestly this forced corporate wokeness will probably help Republicans in the next election, though I still hate it overall, even if it temporarily benefits my party.

Democrats have one hope and one hope only for 2022 -- that COVID will disappear, the economy will roar back, and everyone will feel so good that they won't want to vote for any change. However, I think November 2022 might be a bit too late for that effect, as we'll probably have enough time in normalcy by then to wherre this will be less of a factor. But honestly that's the only way out of a bad 2022 for your party. The House results of 2020 foreshadowed that, but are largely forgotten now because of Trump losing and Warnock/Ossoff winning.

But you have to ask yourself why several "solid" blue districts voted in red house candidates, and why the reverse didn't occur in a single red district. That was 2020, an election with far more favorable conditions for Democrats than 2022 is likely to be.
    Generally agree with you here Druff, but the Dems have another hope: Trumptard candidates win the GOP primaries, alienating moderates.

Thread Information