Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Thread: WSOP 2021 is happening -- but starting 4 months late

  1. #21
    I have a 50 - 50 chance of going. I will be fully vaccinated and the Canadian boarders should be open, and there should be no self quarantine orders when I come back. Pending nothing changes or we get a crazy 4th wave I will be there Sept 28th to Oct 8th.

  2. #22
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7113
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,575
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Rat View Post
    I have a 50 - 50 chance of going. I will be fully vaccinated and the Canadian boarders should be open, and there should be no self quarantine orders when I come back. Pending nothing changes or we get a crazy 4th wave I will be there Sept 28th to Oct 8th.
    Hope to see you, Matt. I'll be there that week.

  3. #23
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7113
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,575
    Blog Entries
    2
    Preliminary Dan Druff WSOP schedule:

    Format: Date - Event # - Buyin - Name

    Trip #1:
    10/1 #5 $1500 Limit O8
    10/3 Satellite - $1100 buyin to 10k O8 event ($1100 buyin, only playing for lammers, won't play $10k O8 if I win)
    10/5 #12 $1500 LHE
    ** 10/6 Satelline - $1100 buyin Limit Holdem to $10k Event (will play event either way)
    10/7 #16 $10k LHE
    10/10 #21 $1500 Mixed Omaha
    10/13 #23 $1500 HORSE

    Trip #2:
    10/22 #44 $3k 6-handed LHE
    ** 10/23 $43B $1k Double stack NL

    Trip #3:
    11/1 #62 $1500 PLO8
    11/5 #67B $10k Main
    *** 11/10 #69 $1500 Stud8

    ** indicates I might miss if I make Day 2 of the previous event
    *** indicates I will miss if I make Day 3 of the Main Event

    Changes for this year compared to 2019:
    Adding a Stud8 event
    Adding a HORSE event
    Subtracting NL holdem events, with only the Main and the Double Stack NL on the table

    There is a chance I will skip trip 2, as it's a pain in the ass to come back into town just for 2 events, but I really like the $3k 6-max LHE, so I'll probably just suck it up and do it. If I bust Day 1 of the Main, I'll also probably bounce and be done for the year.

  4. #24
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    585
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    1,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Interest list:

    10/1 #5 $1500 O8
    10/5 #12 $1500 LHE
    10/7 #16 $10k LHE
    10/8 or 10/9 #17AB $1500 Millioanaire Maker
    10/10 #21 $1500 Mixed Omaha
    10/13 #23 $1500 HORSE

    10/22 #44 $3k 6-handed LHE
    10/23 $43B $1k Double stack NL
    10/24 #46 $800 NL Deepstack

    11/1 #62 $1500 PLO8
    11/5 #67B $10k Main
    11/10 #69 $1500 Stud8
    11/11-14 $70ABCD $888 Crazy Eights

    I'll post an actual schedule this week, along with ways people can buy pieces.

    I'm not selling the Main, as is always my policyy.
    Itís going to be hard for me to make that 10k LHE. Iíll still be playing the final table at the 1.5K!

  5. #25
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7113
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,575
    Blog Entries
    2
    As much as it pains me, I might have to skip the 6-handed LHE. It's over a weekend, and hotel rates are very high those nights. Additionally, I'd be driving to Vegas for just two events, and it's even possible I only play one and don't cash (if I make it into deep day 2 of the 6-max LHE and miss cashing, which I've done a few times.)

    Let me also say that making reservations at Caesars properties is paiiiiiiiiiiiiinful these days. Their online portal is complete shit, and their phone system is full of employees who are mostly neutered. Right now you need to go through "Casino Services" to honor what you're trying to do online but can't, and they need to go through supervisors.

    Tonight I've been on the phone 3 hours. Not kidding. I'm pot committed. If I hang up, I have to start over. The most tilting thing was that I was almost done, and I had 4 nights to add on to my November reservation, at the beginning (I had November 4, I wanted October 31, same checkout). I wanted them to just do a back-to-back. I was promised by the rep that there wouldn't be fail if they just tacked it on. I was skeptical. I was promised that it "never happens" that it fucks anything up.

    Well, guess what? It fucked everything up. Now I'm on more hold while they're trying to fix it, and as an added kick in the ass, the previous rates they had down for me are slightly higher than the ones I actually booked. So I have to argue about that, too.

    It's just awful. No other hotel/casino company is this incompetent. Every little thing you do requires a million approvals, and most of the employees are clueless about everything.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    As much as it pains me, I might have to skip the 6-handed LHE. It's over a weekend, and hotel rates are very high those nights. Additionally, I'd be driving to Vegas for just two events, and it's even possible I only play one and don't cash (if I make it into deep day 2 of the 6-max LHE and miss cashing, which I've done a few times.)

    Let me also say that making reservations at Caesars properties is paiiiiiiiiiiiiinful these days. Their online portal is complete shit, and their phone system is full of employees who are mostly neutered. Right now you need to go through "Casino Services" to honor what you're trying to do online but can't, and they need to go through supervisors.

    Tonight I've been on the phone 3 hours. Not kidding. I'm pot committed. If I hang up, I have to start over. The most tilting thing was that I was almost done, and I had 4 nights to add on to my November reservation, at the beginning (I had November 4, I wanted October 31, same checkout). I wanted them to just do a back-to-back. I was promised by the rep that there wouldn't be fail if they just tacked it on. I was skeptical. I was promised that it "never happens" that it fucks anything up.

    Well, guess what? It fucked everything up. Now I'm on more hold while they're trying to fix it, and as an added kick in the ass, the previous rates they had down for me are slightly higher than the ones I actually booked. So I have to argue about that, too.

    It's just awful. No other hotel/casino company is this incompetent. Every little thing you do requires a million approvals, and most of the employees are clueless about everything.
    #FFS

  7. #27
    considering how pretty much everyone gets sick after a few days in a casino, that's the one place I might want to wear a mask as a general matter of course.

     
    Comments
      
      shoeshine box: yes

  8. #28

    Question

    fyi..in my 1 and only bracelet event I scored deep. 500$ dealers only event . 2019...... any one want a pc,dm druff ,he vouch my character...I hope..

  9. #29
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7113
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,575
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    considering how pretty much everyone gets sick after a few days in a casino, that's the one place I might want to wear a mask as a general matter of course.
    Actually, that's an interesting point. While I've been critical of cloth masking, indoor distancing, and hand sanitizing as prophylactic methods against COVID, I will acknowledge that these methods are VERY effective in preventing cold and flu. That's why the flu was nearly nonexistent while COVID protocols were in place.

    I will also acknowledge that most years I catch a cold at some point during the WSOP, and occasionally these colds make me too sick to play some events. Most notably, in 2010, I missed 2 weeks of the WSOP after catching the worst cold of my life.

    However, I hate wearing masks. I can do so for a short time and it's no big deal, but it would be miserable for me to sit there for 10 hours with a mask on, even with breaks in between.

    So I'll just chance getting a cold.

    However, Crowe isn't wrong that wearing a mask will lower your chance of a getting cold or flu.

     
    Comments
      
      IamGreek: Get a shield. Issue solved

  10. #30
    With the Delta variant and only 46% of the people in Las Vegas vaccinated to date the Covid numbers are going up. As of today there are currently about 650 new cases per day. Looks like a 4th wave. Some places are going back to a mask mandate. For fuck sakes, its looking like I will miss the WSOP for a second year in a row. I do have my hotel booked but no airfare yet.

  11. #31

    As of this Fri the 30 July 2021 Masks are mandated in Vegas for most all folks...... Vacc. or not.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeshine box View Post
    As of this Fri the 30 July 2021 Masks are mandated in Vegas for most all folks...... Vacc. or not.
    This is horrible news! Whether to put on a mask or not has to be a choice in a free country.

     
    Comments
      
      shoeshine box: yes.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeshine box View Post
    As of this Fri the 30 July 2021 Masks are mandated in Vegas for most all folks...... Vacc. or not.
    This is horrible news! Whether to put on a mask or not has to be a choice in a free country.
    Where do you draw the line for public safety in a free country? What if your mother got Covid and died? Would you feel the same?

  14. #34

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Rat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

    This is horrible news! Whether to put on a mask or not has to be a choice in a free country.
    Where do you draw the line for public safety in a free country? What if your mother got Covid and died? Would you feel the same?

    somewhere between Cuba and Hong Kong is the truth.

  15. #35
    Gold JeffDime's Avatar
    Reputation
    992
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Brick City, USA
    Posts
    1,813
    I’m not going to dive deep into the mask debate but I have spent a shit load of the days over the past year staying in the AC casinos. I can tell you that when there is a “mask mandate” people behave much differently. You put a cover on people’s pie holes and they tend to respect others space and not act like drunken baffoons breathing down other people’s necks.

    Those puppies come off and it’s night and day. Most people still keep a little more distance and are more conscious of germs, but for the most part everyone is back up one another’s ass. This is especially true when places get packed, people get drinks in them and the hour gets late.

    The mask serves as a reminder for people that they need to be mindful of the situation. Even if the masks doesn’t do much, that is just the way people have been engineered for better or worse.

    If from the beginning people were programmed to socially distance and be mindful of others without the mask being the key component, I think it’s probable people would have conformed just fine. But the mask was made, and now has become, the key piece to the assimilation puzzle. Whether we like it or not.

     
    Comments
      
      Matt The Rat: Well Said
    Last edited by JeffDime; 07-29-2021 at 08:13 PM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Rat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

    This is horrible news! Whether to put on a mask or not has to be a choice in a free country.
    Where do you draw the line for public safety in a free country? What if your mother got Covid and died? Would you feel the same?
    My mom was vaccinated and so was I and that should put an end to any discussion of me having to put a mask on anywhere. That is where I draw the line. If I or my mom get the virus now and get sick and die then thats a wrap. I will never support going back to restrictive responses for everyone to follow. These things cause more harm than good IMO

     
    Comments
      
      go_buccos: This right here

  17. #37
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7113
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,575
    Blog Entries
    2
    High chance I will skip this year's WSOP.

    It seems clear that the Delta variant breaks through vaccines, and while the vaccines do seem to mostly prevent severe illness, there are enough downsides to moderate illness (including long-term damage) to where I still don't want it.

    My hope now is that we eventually see a good treatment for it, where jumping on it quickly upon seeing symptoms will prevent disease progression. But we're nowhere near that now.

    Anyway, between the likely mask mandate in place in October, and the Delta variant's threat to me personally, I'm close to calling this one off.

     
    Comments
      
      shoeshine box: that would suck Todd.
      
      Matt The Rat: I am in the same boat.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Iím not going to dive deep into the mask debate but I have spent a shit load of the days over the past year staying in the AC casinos. I can tell you that when there is a ďmask mandateĒ people behave much differently. You put a cover on peopleís pie holes and they tend to respect others space and not act like drunken baffoons breathing down other peopleís necks.

    Those puppies come off and itís night and day. Most people still keep a little more distance and are more conscious of germs, but for the most part everyone is back up one anotherís ass. This is especially true when places get packed, people get drinks in them and the hour gets late.

    The mask serves as a reminder for people that they need to be mindful of the situation. Even if the masks doesnít do much, that is just the way people have been engineered for better or worse.

    If from the beginning people were programmed to socially distance and be mindful of others without the mask being the key component, I think itís probable people would have conformed just fine. But the mask was made, and now has become, the key piece to the assimilation puzzle. Whether we like it or not.
    Then put a mask on Jeff. It does the same thing. If I see someone with a mask on I will not approach them or engage in any way. I think most people would do the same. If I become concerned for my health I enjoy the freedom to also put a mask on. I definitely dont want to be told to by state city or town

  19. #39
    Gold JeffDime's Avatar
    Reputation
    992
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Brick City, USA
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

    Then put a mask on Jeff. It does the same thing. If I see someone with a mask on I will not approach them or engage in any way. I think most people would do the same. If I become concerned for my health I enjoy the freedom to also put a mask on. I definitely dont want to be told to by state city or town
    I understand where you stand Country. This thread is about this yearís WSOP. I am talking about how I have observed people behaving in a Private Casino with and without masks being required. Simply things for people to keep in mind when deciding whether or not they feel comfortable attending the WSOP this year. Which no matter now you slice it, will have a large number of people congregated in the same area. I am not advocating any position or talking about what the Government can or cannot mandate.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

    Then put a mask on Jeff. It does the same thing. If I see someone with a mask on I will not approach them or engage in any way. I think most people would do the same. If I become concerned for my health I enjoy the freedom to also put a mask on. I definitely dont want to be told to by state city or town
    I understand where you stand Country. This thread is about this yearís WSOP. I am talking about how I have observed people behaving in a Private Casino with and without masks being required. Simply things for people to keep in mind when deciding whether or not they feel comfortable attending the WSOP this year. Which no matter now you slice it, will have a large number of people congregated in the same area. I am not advocating any position or talking about what the Government can or cannot mandate.
    Thank you for the thoughtful response. I suppose I did get a bit off subject. I'm bummed out that it seems Druff won't be there this year. WSOP coverage on prior years shows have been the best of them all.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2018, 01:27 PM
  2. Super-late registration at WSOP is unfair
    By Dan Druff in forum Poker Community Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-23-2016, 04:43 PM
  3. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 03:25 PM
  4. guys its happening
    By sonatine in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 08:11 PM
  5. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 06:01 PM