Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is Dan Druff a Good Sprinter

Load Metric
    These weird 'loser leaves town' stories are comical. Reminds me of college. There was a breast cancer research fundraiser, where over $100,000 was raised. The top 5 raisers had an opportunity to win a brand new Chevy, it was a nice car I guess on the surface. Here was the deal, all 5 had to place their hand on the car anywhere they wanted, but could not move it. Last person standing. It went 20 hours and the final contestant just collapsed after she wet herself. The winner freaked out and rightfully so, he just won a car. I heard him arguing with the dealership upon leaving saying he did not want an aqua colored car, but the were firm that was the prize car. It also has like 4,000 miles on it, as it was a loaner. LOL. Still tight win.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    These weird 'loser leaves town' stories are comical. Reminds me of college. There was a breast cancer research fundraiser, where over $100,000 was raised. The top 5 raisers had an opportunity to win a brand new Chevy, it was a nice car I guess on the surface. Here was the deal, all 5 had to place their hand on the car anywhere they wanted, but could not move it. Last person standing. It went 20 hours and the final contestant just collapsed after she wet herself. The winner freaked out and rightfully so, he just won a car. I heard him arguing with the dealership upon leaving saying he did not want an aqua colored car, but the were firm that was the prize car. It also has like 4,000 miles on it, as it was a loaner. LOL. Still tight win.
    Story sounds oddly familiar.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm 6'2" and 220. I forget which year you met me at WSOP -- 2018 or 2019. If it was 2018, I was heavier than that (probably 235). If it was 2019, I was the same weight as I am today.

I chose these numbers because it allows each of us to lose a maximum of 10 pounds at the current odds. You can even see from my thread about the LPR in 2018, where I talked about going from an all-time high weight of 241, down to 209 in about 5-6 weeks. Then I mentioned elsewhere on the forum that I gained about 2/3 back, and then I mentioned later that I lost 10 pounds back from my unwillingness to buy fast food during the pandemic. So that puts me at 220.

No angling here.
    So Kyle Pitts who is 6’5” and 245 just ran a 4.44 forty at his PRO day in Gainesville a few days ago. That kind of puts a huge dent in your height and weight excuse theories.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    I'm 6'2" and 220. I forget which year you met me at WSOP -- 2018 or 2019. If it was 2018, I was heavier than that (probably 235). If it was 2019, I was the same weight as I am today.

I chose these numbers because it allows each of us to lose a maximum of 10 pounds at the current odds. You can even see from my thread about the LPR in 2018, where I talked about going from an all-time high weight of 241, down to 209 in about 5-6 weeks. Then I mentioned elsewhere on the forum that I gained about 2/3 back, and then I mentioned later that I lost 10 pounds back from my unwillingness to buy fast food during the pandemic. So that puts me at 220.

No angling here.
    So Kyle Pitts who is 6’5” and 245 just ran a 4.44 forty at his PRO day in Gainesville a few days ago. That kind of puts a huge dent in your height and weight excuse theories.
    He's also 20 and an athlete.

Same reason you have tall baseball players like Cody Bellinger who run well right now, but will be much slower on the basepaths in 10 years or so.

Load Metric
    Hey Gringos, It looks like I'll be coming to Vegas with Wifey and some friends to run in the Rock n Roll Half marathon the end of next February. If anybody wants to race this old fart (I'll be 55 then), I'm willing to put some action on it. There are also shorter races (10k and 5k). The races are at night, so Druff can't make excuses about it being too hot. You Gringos have almost a year to train for any of the these races. You can use this as motivation to get healthy and lose some weight, and some $$$$ in prop bets. Challenge made.
    At night in February in Vegas? It'll be freezing.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Gold
    Load Metric
    I think Druff would beat Jsearles, not that it’s an achievement.

I am the most athletic and by far the best runner on the PFA forum. Was running 6 minute miles in 5th grade with no training at all. Just pure natural talent. Never went anywhere for me, was a very good runner freshman year running below 17:00 5ks. That summer “something” happened, I missed a few years and never got back into it again. Big D1 schools recruited me and I went for some “official” visits and even got into college for running but decided not to ever actually join the team.

Anyways, what did you run a 5k in during high school Druff? I was under the impression Druff was “heavier”, closer to 250. Last picture I saw of the guy was “not good”

I still think 15 seconds for the 100 meter is a good over under. I was going to say 14, but 15 is a nice even number

I hear JSearles is seriously fat though, never seen a picture of him. Druff should be able to win. Anybody who’s weight fluctuates seasonally as JS described is NOT a respectable, athletic male who takes fitness and their personally well being seriously.

JSearles would struggle to sprint for 100 meters, would be jogging after 60, slugging along after 80.
    Last edited by NickyPipes; 04-01-2021 at 04:41 PM. Reason: NOT

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    I think Druff would beat Jsearles, not that it’s an achievement.

I am the most athletic and by far the best runner on the PFA forum. Was running 6 minute miles in 5th grade with no training at all. Just pure natural talent. Never went anywhere for me, was a very good runner freshman year running below 17:00 5ks. That summer “something” happened, I missed a few years and never got back into it again. Big D1 schools recruited me and I went for some “official” visits and even got into college for running but decided not to ever actually join the team.

Anyways, what did you run a 5k in during high school Druff? I was under the impression Druff was “heavier”, closer to 250. Last picture I saw of the guy was “not good”

I still think 15 seconds for the 100 meter is a good over under. I was going to say 14, but 15 is a nice even number

I hear JSearles is seriously fat though, never seen a picture of him. Druff should be able to win. Anybody who’s weight fluctuates seasonally as JS described is NOT a respectable, athletic male who takes fitness and their personally well being seriously.

JSearles would struggle to sprint for 100 meters, would be jogging after 60, slugging along after 80.
    It might be April 1st but you’re the only fool here.

In high school I ran the 800m exclusively. Qualified for state both individually and 4 x 800 relay. Consistently posted sub 2:00 splits.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Maybe I am wrong then, that’s fast. I thought you were some fat guy?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Maybe I am wrong then, that’s fast. I thought you were some fat guy?
    I was in high school 20 years ago lol.

I’m 5’8” 205ish currently. Definitely not skinny. I’ve always carried weight decently. I’m fat, no doubt. People usually guess me as being lighter than I actually am for whatever reason.

I think it’s funny people consider 100m race anything at all. It’s like 15 seconds. If you can’t sprint 15 seconds you should probably Hels yourself.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Gold
    Load Metric
    At your weight you will struggle to run a 15 second 100 meter, this much is certain !!! Real hefty guy, built like a marshmallow

Unless someone has extremely dense bones and considerable muscle mass, 5"8 205 is fat as fuck for most guys. Also from my experience, most guys and all chicks lie about their weight by at least 10 pounds or more when obese.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    As Elaine Seinfeld said- fake fake fake

Load Metric

He's also 20 and an athlete.

Same reason you have tall baseball players like Cody Bellinger who run well right now, but will be much slower on the basepaths in 10 years or so.
    Age has nothing to do with my point. He’s faster than shorter and lighter 20 year olds.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Hey Gringos, It looks like I'll be coming to Vegas with Wifey and some friends to run in the Rock n Roll Half marathon the end of next February. If anybody wants to race this old fart (I'll be 55 then), I'm willing to put some action on it. There are also shorter races (10k and 5k). The races are at night, so Druff can't make excuses about it being too hot. You Gringos have almost a year to train for any of the these races. You can use this as motivation to get healthy and lose some weight, and some $$$$ in prop bets. Challenge made.
    At night in February in Vegas? It'll be freezing.
    At least Druff can’t say it’s too hot. But, now it's too cold. You guys are worse than Goldilocks!
    Last edited by Cerveza Fria; 04-02-2021 at 06:15 AM.

Thread Information