Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sidney Powell's Defamation Defense

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Why does everyone on the left keep trying to argue as if I'm comparing Powell's actions with the Democratic/media actions regarding the summer riots?

I'm not.

I'm commenting on the electorate on both sides. Not Powell herself, whom I think we can all agree is awful. You won't find one post from me on this forum where I stated otherwise.

Republicans who fell for Powell's BS were stupid and gullible.

Democrats who fell for the "mostly peaceful" and "it's only white supremacists being violent" narrative about the summer riots were also gullible.

So both parties had a large number of idiots in the past year, who fell for obvious lies told to them by their side.

However, there are several differences:

1) More Democrats believed the protests were "mostly peaceful" than Republicans believed that Trump really won the election.

2) Mainstream media sources were pushing the "mostly peaceful" crap, whereas only fringe elements were pushing the "Trump was cheated" narrative.

3) Today, most Republicans have a negative view of Powell and think she was full of shit -- even ones who initially believed her. Most Democrats still think the summer protests were mostly peaceful, and that the police were simply brutalizing innocent people trying to support black ilves.

I have no love for the idiot contingent in my own party. However, the amazing thing is seeing idiots on the Democratic side arrogantly posture that they're the smart ones who are above being manipulated.
    You know what's amazing?

What about Eric Greitens making a run at the Missouri senate?

The family loving Jesus guy who sexually abused and blackmailed his hairdresser with photographs, stole from a veteran's charity and resigned the governorship shortly after being ordered to reveal sources of his dark money?

What constitutes immorality on the right?
    I don't understand your point.

You're talking about the Missouri senate. This person isn't influential at all on a national level, and even has very limited power on a state level. There are some really shitty people who get through in local type races. That's true for both parties, not just the GOP.

Obviously I don't want guys like that holding office in my party, but it doesn't really define the party as a whole.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I realize I'm not an elected official or anyone famous, but I stated the entire time that it wasn't rigged. Many Republicans thought the same.

The reason the Republican politicians couldn't come out strongly and say this was that Trump wielded so much power at that point, that he would attack them, and they just didn't want the fallout from it. This was one of several things which really bothered me about Trump in his final months.

I talk to some other conservatives privately about politics (where there's no social media posturing), and we all basically agree that we hate the crazy wing of the party, and that the shenanigans from people like Powell just made the rest of us look bad.

However, it's also true that the media loves to exploit this and make it look like sensible Republicans are in the extreme minority, which simply isn't true.

It's also nothing new that both political parties have to deal with the fringe elements who embarrass them. To me, it's more relevant when those fringe elements start to heavily influence policy.

Trump and Biden are actually opposites in that way.

Trump came off as a narcissistic weirdo, yet his policy was mostly very mainstream GOP, with only minor deviations, and a few new ideas thrown in.

Biden comes off as tempered and normal (albeit senile), but his party is trying to remake America in a very radical way, and he's going along with a lot of it.
    You also stated time and time and time and time again that it was harmless and meaningless and that Trump would go away. And then January 6th happened and you said “I’m surprised; guess I was not right” (you’d never actually admit you were wrong).

So there’s that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So what's your point? I didn't predict Trump's actions correctly at the end of his term?

That has nothing to do with any of this.

Load Metric

You know what's amazing?

What about Eric Greitens making a run at the Missouri senate?

The family loving Jesus guy who sexually abused and blackmailed his hairdresser with photographs, stole from a veteran's charity and resigned the governorship shortly after being ordered to reveal sources of his dark money?

What constitutes immorality on the right?
    I don't understand your point.

You're talking about the Missouri senate. This person isn't influential at all on a national level, and even has very limited power on a state level. There are some really shitty people who get through in local type races. That's true for both parties, not just the GOP.

Obviously I don't want guys like that holding office in my party, but it doesn't really define the party as a whole.
    You don't understand because Greitens has nothing to do with Dominion and Sidney Powell, just like people.reacting to antifa riots has nothing to do with it. Muhwhudda?

You REALLY struggle with deploying and detecting whatabouts and how dumb people who use them come off.

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Silver
    Load Metric
    So what's your point? I didn't predict Trump's actions correctly at the end of his term?

That has nothing to do with any of this.
    That if you’re going to repeatedly tout over and over and over again how you were against Trump claiming the election was fraudulently rigged but fail to mention that you repeatedly said that his claims were meaningless and harmless when in fact they were objectively definitely not meaningless and harmless that it’s a bad look and undermines the credit you keep trying to take.

That’s all nothing more nothing less. And excuse the longest run on sentence ever.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: this

Load Metric
    Remains unfathomable why this lunatic ever gained traction.

Ok?

LOL Team Druff

Comments

Walter Sobchak: loooooooooooool
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

What about suing antifa and the liberal media tho?

Load Metric

big scary headline!!

Comments

BCR: Just because I didn’t mean to red rep you and it auto posted when I clicked it. Fuck you, I’m hungover.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

big scary headline!!
    What do you mean?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I realize I'm not an elected official or anyone famous, but I stated the entire time that it wasn't rigged. Many Republicans thought the same.

The reason the Republican politicians couldn't come out strongly and say this was that Trump wielded so much power at that point, that he would attack them, and they just didn't want the fallout from it. This was one of several things which really bothered me about Trump in his final months.

I talk to some other conservatives privately about politics (where there's no social media posturing), and we all basically agree that we hate the crazy wing of the party, and that the shenanigans from people like Powell just made the rest of us look bad.

However, it's also true that the media loves to exploit this and make it look like sensible Republicans are in the extreme minority, which simply isn't true.

It's also nothing new that both political parties have to deal with the fringe elements who embarrass them. To me, it's more relevant when those fringe elements start to heavily influence policy.

Trump came off as a narcissistic weirdo, yet his policy was mostly very mainstream GOP, with only minor deviations, and a few new ideas thrown in.

Biden comes off as tempered and normal (albeit senile), but his party is trying to remake America in a very radical way, and he's going along with a lot of it.
    Druff, This really is the thing I don’t get about you. I’m going to assume that you are in favor of democracy even if you don’t agree with party in power (correct me if my assumption is wrong).

Whereas its patently obvious that a significant portion of the GOP would rather stay in power and have their policies in place at all costs regardless if they lost a democratically held election. But you continue to support the GOP because you agree with their policies. So which is more important, the policies or the democracy?

A good parallel would be if the GOP suddenly wanted to throw out all jews from the country. You would agree with them on almost all their policies, except the jewish exile, so would this be a disqualifying ideal for you to stop supporting the GOP? How is this any different from agreeing with all of the GOPs policies accept the support for upholding democratically held elections? And don’t kid yourself if you think that my premise is a flawed. Most of the entire GOP house was willing to throw out the results of the election.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post

Druff, This really is the thing I don’t get about you. I’m going to assume that you are in favor of democracy even if you don’t agree with party in power (correct me if my assumption is wrong).

Whereas its patently obvious that a significant portion of the GOP would rather stay in power and have their policies in place at all costs regardless if they lost a democratically held election. But you continue to support the GOP because you agree with their policies. So which is more important, the policies or the democracy?

A good parallel would be if the GOP suddenly wanted to throw out all jews from the country. You would agree with them on almost all their policies, except the jewish exile, so would this be a disqualifying ideal for you to stop supporting the GOP? How is this any different from agreeing with all of the GOPs policies accept the support for upholding democratically held elections? And don’t kid yourself if you think that my premise is a flawed. Most of the entire GOP house was willing to throw out the results of the election.
    As to your last sentence, it’s even worse on the state level. They are ostracizing anyone who doesn’t stand up and pledge allegiance to the cult and claim on the record there was election fraud. Not in Alabama. Basically places like Michigan and Pennsylvania. It’s full on radicalization.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

As to your last sentence, it’s even worse on the state level. They are ostracizing anyone who doesn’t stand up and pledge allegiance to the cult and claim on the record there was election fraud. Not in Alabama. Basically places like Michigan and Pennsylvania. It’s full on radicalization.
    rofl get a grip old man

Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small (1).gif
Views: 128
Size:  621.7 KB

Comments

BCR: Strong white men have been telli

Load Metric

rofl get a grip old man

You’re a perfect candidate for authoritarian rule as strong white men have been telling you where to sit and eat your whole life. Most of us prefer democracy.

Load Metric

rofl get a grip old man

Cool meme as always but what part is he wrong about?

Platinum
    Load Metric

Just assume Druff wishes America was still a prosperous 1950s sitcom (not I love lucy, there was a sneaky hispanic in that one) where the only thing black and white was the tv signal and you'll get most of whats going on.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Actually, 1850s is probably Druff's jam as well.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Thread Information