Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sidney Powell's Defamation Defense

Bronze
    Load Metric

Sidney Powell's Defamation Defense

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1374125464609038337

What she's saying: Powell argues in her motion that "no reasonable person" would conclude that her accusations of Dominion's election-rigging scheme "were truly statements of fact."

LOL Trumptards. Thanks for the free cash betting on the golden calf after the election was over

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post

What she's saying: Powell argues in her motion that "no reasonable person" would conclude that her accusations of Dominion's election-rigging scheme "were truly statements of fact."

LOL Trumptards. Thanks for the free cash betting on the golden calf after the election was over
    Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small (1).gif
Views: 296
Size:  621.7 KB

Comments

BartHanson: "Freedom of Speech", "Cancel Culture"

splitthis:

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post

I wish I could've raked in as much money on the election outcome as Bart, even if I didn't want Biden to win.

Am I too dense/obtuse to recognize this as humor or do you just respond negatively to all anti-Trump posts?

Load Metric
    Her lawyers used the “Everyone knows Tucker Carlson is a bullshitter” defense. Typical for the rightwing these days when the legal shit hits the fan.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: really a stretch
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sidney Powell was full of shit, but no less full of shit than the Democrats who claimed that the summer protests were "mostly peaceful" and that most of the violence involved police attacking innocent protesters.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sidney Powell was full of shit, but no less full of shit than the Democrats who claimed that the summer protests were "mostly peaceful" and that most of the violence involved police attacking innocent protesters.
    This is your worst whataboutism ever, holy shit. She was a lawyer representing the President of The United States telling everyone there was overwhelming evidence that the machines were rigged. Tens of millions still believe it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff is beyond help these days.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    This is your worst whataboutism ever, holy shit. She was a lawyer representing the President of The United States telling everyone there was overwhelming evidence that the machines were rigged. Tens of millions still believe it.
    Probably 100 million people believe the summer riots were peaceful protests which were brutalized by police.

It's not whataboutism at all.

You saw that I was always critical of Powell and thought the election fraud thing was nonsense. I still feel that way.

However, I laugh at arrogant Democrats who mock the fools who believed Powell, and yet they believe the summer protests were mostly peaceful.

Just really tired of the mocking of Republicans as gullible rubes, when we're seeing a tremendous number of arrogant Democrats who are incredibly gullible and believe everything CNN feeds them.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Sydney Powell was a lawyer filing lawsuits and outright lying in court filings across the country in the name of the President, trying to overturn the most important election our country conducts.

The comparison is ludicrous.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 03-23-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Sydney Powell was a lawyer filing lawsuits and outright lying in court filings across the country in the name of the President under the guise of a stolen election. Your comparison is ludicrous.
    I provide no defense of Powell, and never liked her. I called all of this bullshit from day one, if you remember.

However, the comparison is not ludicrous because we have most Democrats believing an absolutely absurd, dangerous narrative (that the summer protests were "mostly peaceful" and only not peaceful when agitated by police or right wingers). This is just as dumb as believing Powell that the election was stolen.

Both were claims which were completely devoid of reality and ran counter to all obvious evidence.

Both had mass numbers of people believing them -- and still believing them to this day.

How can you not see the similarity?

Load Metric

I provide no defense of Powell, and never liked her. I called all of this bullshit from day one, if you remember.

However, the comparison is not ludicrous because we have most Democrats believing an absolutely absurd, dangerous narrative (that the summer protests were "mostly peaceful" and only not peaceful when agitated by police or right wingers). This is just as dumb as believing Powell that the election was stolen.

Both were claims which were completely devoid of reality and ran counter to all obvious evidence.

Both had mass numbers of people believing them -- and still believing them to this day.

How can you not see the difference? Powell didn't believe the election was stolen. She lied in court filings over and over, to overturn a presidential election. That's kind of a major difference.

One was made in state and federal court repeatedly, which is a pretty important point here. also, there's plenty of evidence in Boston alone that the police were the first ones that reacted violently to protestors, not the other way around. That didn;t happen in every city, but it was certainly commonplace across the country. In some places the rioters were the aggressors, but in many NE cities at the very least, it's pretty clear the police were the aggressors. Sydney has no comparative equal in her offenses.
    bro, you are defending her right now, whether you want to call it that or not.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 03-23-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Load Metric
    How about we reframe things this way, to simplify and clarify why we're talking about Ms Powell.

All politicians lie at will, both parties, without regard for anything. We'll take that as a given.

This is about a lawyer representing the President of the United States, lying in court over and over at the behest of the president, so an election could be overturned and the will of the people and the law of the land were subverted, before judges that this same president appointed in many cases. Normally it's hard to prove someone lied in court, but this bitch was kind enough to straight out tell us so there's no debate on that point.

I don;t believe you can whatabout that one, but I'm sure you will try.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: this

gimmick:

BCR:

Sheesfaced:

Load Metric

Probably 100 million people believe the summer riots were peaceful protests which were brutalized by police.

You saw that I was always critical of Powell and thought the election fraud thing was nonsense. I still feel that way.

However, I laugh at arrogant Democrats who mock the fools who believed Powell, and yet they believe the summer protests were mostly peaceful.

Just really tired of the mocking of Republicans as gullible rubes, when we're seeing a tremendous number of arrogant Democrats who are incredibly gullible and believe everything CNN feeds them.
    Yeah make believe election fraud but what about this other unrelated thing? Joke.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyspin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    I wish I could've raked in as much money on the election outcome as Bart, even if I didn't want Biden to win.

Am I too dense/obtuse to recognize this as humor or do you just respond negatively to all anti-Trump posts?
    It's 50/50 for him as far as I can tell.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    She made these statements in court pleadings as statements of fact, and based on those statements of fact, requested legal relief. Now she is saying those were not statements of fact and nobody could believe that they were. She just basically disbarred herself.

Whether something is "mostly peaceful" is an opinion, not a statement of fact. It defames nobody, and was not being used in an attempt to steal a presidential election.

Load Metric

I think it's time to face the fact that a scary percentage of Americans of all political persuasions are gullible rubes.

Load Metric

Sydney Powell was a lawyer filing lawsuits and outright lying in court filings across the country in the name of the President under the guise of a stolen election. Your comparison is ludicrous.

The difference is you can't deliberately lie in court. You can say any kind of bullshit you want in the general public as long as you don't defame anyone, may not be a good idea but you can do it. In court there's a different standard.

You're focusing on the content of the statements made by various people, but in this case the venue makes all the difference.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Why does everyone on the left keep trying to argue as if I'm comparing Powell's actions with the Democratic/media actions regarding the summer riots?

I'm not.

I'm commenting on the electorate on both sides. Not Powell herself, whom I think we can all agree is awful. You won't find one post from me on this forum where I stated otherwise.

Republicans who fell for Powell's BS were stupid and gullible.

Democrats who fell for the "mostly peaceful" and "it's only white supremacists being violent" narrative about the summer riots were also gullible.

So both parties had a large number of idiots in the past year, who fell for obvious lies told to them by their side.

However, there are several differences:

1) More Democrats believed the protests were "mostly peaceful" than Republicans believed that Trump really won the election.

2) Mainstream media sources were pushing the "mostly peaceful" crap, whereas only fringe elements were pushing the "Trump was cheated" narrative.

3) Today, most Republicans have a negative view of Powell and think she was full of shit -- even ones who initially believed her. Most Democrats still think the summer protests were mostly peaceful, and that the police were simply brutalizing innocent people trying to support black ilves.

I have no love for the idiot contingent in my own party. However, the amazing thing is seeing idiots on the Democratic side arrogantly posture that they're the smart ones who are above being manipulated.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Because you’re the one making the Whataboutism here!!!

Load Metric
    How can you not see the difference? Powell didn't believe the election was stolen. She lied in court filings over and over, to overturn a presidential election. That's kind of a major difference.

One was made in state and federal court repeatedly, which is a pretty important point here. also, there's plenty of evidence in Boston alone that the police were the first ones that reacted violently to protestors, not the other way around. That didn;t happen in every city, but it was certainly commonplace across the country. In some places the rioters were the aggressors, but in many NE cities at the very least, it's pretty clear the police were the aggressors. Sydney has no comparative equal in her offenses.
    bro, you are defending her right now, whether you want to call it that or not.

Not to mention most elected Republicans who said the election wasn’t rigged were censured by the Republican legislatures in their state. Still, the majority of the party believes it. Her statement, on its face, is an admission the party is almost fully radicalized and certainly devoid of logic or reason.

Load Metric
    Why does everyone on the left keep trying to argue as if I'm comparing Powell's actions with the Democratic/media actions regarding the summer riots?

I'm not.

I'm commenting on the electorate on both sides. Not Powell herself, whom I think we can all agree is awful. You won't find one post from me on this forum where I stated otherwise.

Republicans who fell for Powell's BS were stupid and gullible.

Democrats who fell for the "mostly peaceful" and "it's only white supremacists being violent" narrative about the summer riots were also gullible.

So both parties had a large number of idiots in the past year, who fell for obvious lies told to them by their side.

However, there are several differences:

1) More Democrats believed the protests were "mostly peaceful" than Republicans believed that Trump really won the election.

2) Mainstream media sources were pushing the "mostly peaceful" crap, whereas only fringe elements were pushing the "Trump was cheated" narrative.

3) Today, most Republicans have a negative view of Powell and think she was full of shit -- even ones who initially believed her. Most Democrats still think the summer protests were mostly peaceful, and that the police were simply brutalizing innocent people trying to support black ilves.

I have no love for the idiot contingent in my own party. However, the amazing thing is seeing idiots on the Democratic side arrogantly posture that they're the smart ones who are above being manipulated.
    You know what's amazing?

What about Eric Greitens making a run at the Missouri senate?

The family loving Jesus guy who sexually abused and blackmailed his hairdresser with photographs, stole from a veteran's charity and resigned the governorship shortly after being ordered to reveal sources of his dark money?

What constitutes immorality on the right?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Anwser: Voting for the benefit of ordinary folks instead of their rich patrons.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I realize I'm not an elected official or anyone famous, but I stated the entire time that it wasn't rigged. Many Republicans thought the same.

The reason the Republican politicians couldn't come out strongly and say this was that Trump wielded so much power at that point, that he would attack them, and they just didn't want the fallout from it. This was one of several things which really bothered me about Trump in his final months.

I talk to some other conservatives privately about politics (where there's no social media posturing), and we all basically agree that we hate the crazy wing of the party, and that the shenanigans from people like Powell just made the rest of us look bad.

However, it's also true that the media loves to exploit this and make it look like sensible Republicans are in the extreme minority, which simply isn't true.

It's also nothing new that both political parties have to deal with the fringe elements who embarrass them. To me, it's more relevant when those fringe elements start to heavily influence policy.

Trump and Biden are actually opposites in that way.

Trump came off as a narcissistic weirdo, yet his policy was mostly very mainstream GOP, with only minor deviations, and a few new ideas thrown in.

Biden comes off as tempered and normal (albeit senile), but his party is trying to remake America in a very radical way, and he's going along with a lot of it.

Thread Information