Thread: new eddie murphy coming 2 america sux the big one

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

new eddie murphy coming 2 america sux the big one

was excited about this. for some reason i thought he would be funny/good like the original.

sadly it was filler / fluff for most of the movie. imo it was more about celebrating black culture than being a good comedy. 1st 15/20 minutes sucked, and you hope it picked up. it never did.

it had a few funny parts, but pretty much he funniest part again was the barber shop scene. i would estimate this as an 80% shit movie leaving you disappointed.

Comments

splitthis: Not surprising
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    bowfinger is on hbo max and its still spectacular

Comments

Cerveza Fria: probably Murphy's best acting job.

Load Metric
    Seemed like a forced sequel and with the country burning, hollywood wants to push out black led films etc.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    Remakes suck. Don't ever bother.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    have to admit, I absolutely loved the original but I couldnt get past the first 20 mins of this one

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Best avatar rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    was excited about this. for some reason i thought he would be funny/good like the original.

sadly it was filler / fluff for most of the movie. imo it was more about celebrating black culture than being a good comedy. 1st 15/20 minutes sucked, and you hope it picked up. it never did.

it had a few funny parts, but pretty much he funniest part again was the barber shop scene. i would estimate this as an 80% shit movie leaving you disappointed.
    I actually like the first 15-20 mins then went downhill. Probably because of all the jokes related to the first movie. I couldn’t stand any of the new characters.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I thought the new C2A movie was a sequel and not a remake? I havent watched it yet but that was my impression.

That aside, regarding remakes, "Dont ever bother" has some truth but is probably a stretch. Yes, there are many remakes that suck, but there are some that clearly stood out compared to the original and were worth it.

In any case, remakes are of course a risky deal on many levels and the movie industry should not be taking this topic lightly - especially as lightly as they have been in recent years; everyone's getting lazy and pushing out garbage.

Regarding the original topic, me and my other half were really looking forward to watching the new Coming To America movie. We both saw the original multiple times. Reading the reviews is really disappointing though; however we'll probably watch it anyway so, if nothing else, we can say we watched it and judge for ourselves.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I thought the new C2A movie was a sequel and not a remake? I havent watched it yet but that was my impression.

That aside, regarding remakes, "Dont ever bother" has some truth but is probably a stretch. Yes, there are many remakes that suck, but there are some that clearly stood out compared to the original and were worth it.

In any case, remakes are of course a risky deal on many levels and the movie industry should not be taking this topic lightly - especially as lightly as they have been in recent years; everyone's getting lazy and pushing out garbage.

Regarding the original topic, me and my other half were really looking forward to watching the new Coming To America movie. We both saw the original multiple times. Reading the reviews is really disappointing though; however we'll probably watch it anyway so, if nothing else, we can say we watched it and judge for ourselves.
    pretty sure you'll painfully make it to 17:00 mark. then after that they finally come to america and give you a spinkle of entertainment, but then it quickly reverts back to shit.

fin
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    any other peeps have the misfortune of watching this yet?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    any other peeps have the misfortune of watching this yet?
    I had it running in the background the day it came out. It sucked. References to the first movie were decent and it's nice Wesley Snipes is still working.

I didn't like any of the new characters.

I wasn't expecting much. There's 10ish Eddie Murphy movies i'd still watch today. None of them were made after the 1995.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I cannot even recall a movie that has come out in the last 2 years that hasn't sucked. Whatever else you think about the woke revolution, I think we can all agree it has completely ruined the quality of TV/Movie/Comedy entertainment.

Load Metric
    Im patiently waiting for Rounders 2

Load Metric
    The decline started before the wokeness. Comedies took the biggest hit. There's longstanding connection with SNL and to a lesser degree with Second City when it comes to American comedy. And it's been worse every decade since the 70s or 80s. Matter of opinion. And i think the 90s alumni were still really strong. I could live with the 00s, but 10s have been pretty abysmal.

Similar connection exists in the UK with i'm guessing 2 universities. I doubt anyone outside UK could name anything besides Cambrigde's Footlights. That's Monty Python, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, Emma Thompson, David Mitchell, and the last generation i can name anyone would be Richard Ayoade and John Oliver. Literally anyone from UK that watched TV could give better insight here. Similarly with US if there are schools/shows you think belong in the list have at it.

Thread Information