Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorare - Soccer NFT's

Load Metric

Sorare - Soccer NFT's

if anyone who is following NFTs and isnt put off by NBA Top Shot shitting the bed should give this soccer based NFT game a try

https://www.sorare.com/r/topspud

thats my referal code gets us both a bonus card if you decide to buy 5 players from the auction

just started playing a week ago i think the potential of this game is massive, combines the collectable aspect of top shot with daily fantasy sports

every game week there are multiple leagues to enter and if you score well you can win more cards and etherium too

unlike NBA top shot its super easy to cash out instantly to coinbase or a few other wallet options and all cards for each player are limited to 110 each season so cards should hold their value way better than top shot

got some big investors onboard too last week just announced a 50m investment https://www.coindesk.com/benchmark-l...latform-sorare

In an emailed announcement Thursday, Sorare said the funding round was led by venture capital firm Benchmark, which backs Twitter, Uber and Snap.

also have some big name soccer players invested too if you love the concept of top shot and want to try something different where you can actually get your money off the site should give this a look
    any questions fire away ive only been playing a week but the game has got me to buy crypto for the first time ever and put 6k on the site so i definitely think they have got something here that could be massive
    Last edited by JACKDANIELS; 03-05-2021 at 10:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    How likely do you think this is to blow up?

Load Metric
    long term i think this site is a lock to blow up, soccer is the most popular sport in the world, they already have a bunch of the worlds biggest clubs on board and are constantly adding more

they have investment in the company from benchmark, gaming company ubisoft and big name soccer players like antoine griezman and gerrard pique

english premier league fantasy football gets 7 million players every year so potential audience for this is huge and this had still had zero paid advertising and hardly any exposure in the mainstream media

short term it's harder to predict as there had been a massive influx of new players in the past week and thats obv had an effect on prices they have rocketed like 10x since december / january

people are pumping up the prices in auction on the cheapest cards just to get the bonus one after you buy 5 hoping to pull a top level rare card

buying 5 cards for like 80-100 each and hoping to get card worth a few k
    Last edited by JACKDANIELS; 03-05-2021 at 09:13 PM.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    unlike nba top shot there are no packs sold in this game, this has pros and cons obv

could be a pro or a con depending how you look at it but takes away the gambling element which many people like, gambling is fun who new lol

here the cards are first made available direct from sorare in the new signings market and are then auctioned off to the players.

auctions go on 24/7 so you can really pick up some bargains here if you know what to look for anyone with a score of 50+ over last 5 games is useful in the fantasy game

if you want to sell the card thats via the transfer market and they are sold direct to players, when buying from other players its worth making an offer on the card rather than hitting buy now as can usually pickup card for less

Load Metric
    definitely money to be made here for anyone who is half decent at fantasy sports or likes trading cards

bought a card 3 days ago for $1100 and sold today for $1700

also got my free referral bonus card got a decent goalkeeper and sold it on for another $550

for sure it helps if you know a bit about soccer but i dont think its necessary if you just take a bit of time to see whats going on in the market am sure you can find value

Load Metric
    managed to flip another card i bought for $1200 a couple days ago for $2200

my first game week in the fantasy football ends tomorrow all my players havent played yet but i like my team and hopefully will place high enough to get a card reward

Load Metric
    figured id give this an update, ended up buying a bunch of cards all from the same club, river plate of argentina

figured with a fantasy football team made up of players all from the same club am just relying on one big for river plate to win something

had a couple small prize places in past few weeks with cards i sold for 600 total and last weekend river plate won 5-0 i won one division for 500 in eth plus 2 cards worth another 1k ish

sold one of those cards within a day for 600 and will likely sell the other one soon for another 500 or so

im torn between buying more cards to play in more leagues or just keeping the money in eth ill probably keep last weekends win in eth and reinvest next time river plate turn someone over

from the 6k i put in 2 months ago ive cashed out 4k into crypto and got another 3.5-4k in cards on my acct so will definitely stick with this

Load Metric
    https://www.reuters.com/technology/s...re-2021-09-21/

LONDON, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Blockchain-based fantasy soccer game Sorare has raised $680 million in a funding round led by SoftBank (9984.T), with players including ex-England international Rio Ferdinand and Spain's Gerard Pique also investing, the company said on Tuesday.

Paris-based Sorare said the investment valued the company at $4.3 billion.

Founded in 2018, Sorare is an online game where players buy officially licensed cards representing soccer players and build teams which play against each other, with the outcome based on the players' performance in real-life games.

The cards are traded in the form of non-fungible tokens (NFTs), a kind of crypto asset which records the ownership status of digital goods on the blockchain. read more

The market for NFTs has seen explosive growth in 2021, with collectible and sports-related the most popular types of token. read more

"We think NFTs represent a new paradigm in the collectability, usability, and engagement with assets," Michel Combes, president of SoftBank Group International, said in emailed comments.

"This evolution from physical assets to digital assets is very powerful, and creates a lot of exciting potential business models."

Sorare is the largest sports-based NFT platform by sales volume, according to NonFungible.com, a website which tracks NFT market data. It plans to open an office in the United States and expand into sports other than soccer.

"We saw the immense potential that blockchain and NFTs brought to unlock a new way for football clubs, footballers, and their fans to experience a deeper connection with each other," said Nicolas Julia, CEO and co-founder of Sorare.

"We believe this is a huge opportunity to create the next sports entertainment giant."

Since January 2021, there have been $150 million of sales on Sorare, which accepts payments via credit card and the cryptocurrency ether. The most expensive unique card is of Cristiano Ronaldo, which was bought for 245,072 euros ($287,420.44) on March 13.

The fundraising round was SoftBank's first time investing in Sorare, via its SoftBank Vision Fund 2.

SoftBank's Latin America fund also contributed, which Combes said was because SoftBank can use its relationships with U.S. and Latin American soccer leagues and its investment in broadcaster Televisa-Univision, to increase Sorare's user base there.

This is not SoftBank's first foray into NFTs: it also led investment in the NFT marketplace OpenSea in July and invested in the decentralised finance platform Juggernaut in March.

Other investors in Sorare's raise include: venture capital firms Accel and Bessemer Ventures as well as the footballers Pique, Ferdinand, France's Antoine Griezmann and Spain's Cesar Azpilicueta.

Load Metric
    I know most of you dont care about soccer but they will be moving into other sports at some point so id defo say keep this on your radar its basically printing money if you arent a total retard ive been smashing it

Load Metric
    680 million investment on a 4 bil valuation is no joke its defo got way more potential than digital horses or REDACTED thats for sure lol

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Dapper (company behind TopShot), just announced a partnership with LALiga which will bury the soccer competition IMO. Dapper offers "moments" which are far superior to just pictures.

https://boardroom.tv/dapper-labs-la-liga-valuation/

Load Metric
    The problem for me is not that this isn’t profitable but that it’s pay to win garbage. What fun is it to play if you are gonna get wiped out by someone who spends 10ks. Which then leaves this solely as a speculative venture.

Most people who do fantasy sports play it for the skill involved and that people are relatively on equal ground. These games make it literally impossible to compete unless you are a whale. They are what pretty much destroyed mobile gaming.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Dapper (company behind TopShot), just announced a partnership with LALiga which will bury the soccer competition IMO. Dapper offers "moments" which are far superior to just pictures.

Yeah the whole unique selling point for sorare is that all the cards have actual utility to play the fantasy football game and have limited suppy.

I think that's better compared with topshot which is just short video clips with infinite supply. Not saying both can't have success but sorare is a much more interesting product for a football fan like me.

Also sorare signed a deal with la Liga last week btw

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    The problem for me is not that this isn’t profitable but that it’s pay to win garbage. What fun is it to play if you are gonna get wiped out by someone who spends 10ks. Which then leaves this solely as a speculative venture.

Most people who do fantasy sports play it for the skill involved and that people are relatively on equal ground. These games make it literally impossible to compete unless you are a whale. They are what pretty much destroyed mobile gaming.
    How fun it is depends on how much you like football. Sure over time the best cards will pickup more pts on average but on any given gameweek given how scoring works anything can happen.

Also there are different divisions for different card scarcity, they just released cards with a max run of 1000 per player per season. I've built elite stacks of Ajax and Real Madrid in this scarcity for under 1k each I've had close to 100% ROI in prizes with these in a couple weeks.

Obv not everyone can win long term but if you have a decent knowledge of football and buy smart you can print money on this right now and it's only going to get bigger imo

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Yeah the whole unique selling point for sorare is that all the cards have actual utility to play the fantasy football game and have limited suppy.

I think that's better compared with topshot which is just short video clips with infinite supply. Not saying both can't have success but sorare is a much more interesting product for a football fan like me.

Also sorare signed a deal with la Liga last week btw
    They don't have infinite supply. They all have an individual serial number. Legendary 99 or less, rare typically 499 or less and commons are currently up to 40k. They have many utility games in the works including something called "hardcourt" which is a fantasy game that you use your moments to play against other people. TopShot is lightyears ahead of anything in the space. Wait until Dapper has NFL and UFC moments drop, shit is gonna get crazy.

Load Metric
    It's an infinite supply as in they can just keep making more and more moments there is no cap on this right ?

I'm not here to shit on top shot it's obviously been a great success and was the first to get lots of mainstream coverage. But to say it's light years ahead when sorare has had proper fantasy football with individual players for a couple years and topshot is still looking to develop its version where you can play with your moments doesn't make much sense.

No reason both can't be very successful but it's still early days and far from a done deal to see who comes out on top. In reality I'd say different products will be more popular with different audiences and different sports.

Load Metric
    anyway i read the article you posted and yeah its a deal to show moments from the past 10 seasons of la liga and it begins in 2022

sorare has current season la liga cards out already and signed a long term exclusive partnership for nft football cards

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/09/lali...all-cards.html

these arent even really competing products as it stands no reason you people wont give both a go

Load Metric

Load Metric
    when it comes to soccer if anyone is light years ahead its clearly sorare

Load Metric
    ive found another interesting soccer nft project https://footium.club/

its aiming to be a football manager game where your club / players / staff / etc are all nft's

public sale of the clubs opens later today at 18:00 uk time ive bought 2 already in presale and will look to add another 3

clubs are .05 eth + gas

Thread Information