Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts Advice

Load Metric

Martial Arts Advice

I think I need to pursue this as a method to contain my rage. Which is best for developing discipline? Yoga is cool but isn’t long lasting and I need something to constructively control my emotions.

Dick is like yoga, doesn’t last long so that’s out.

Which branch of martial arts is best to learn?

Tanks.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    mixed

Comments

splitthis: MMA out of my wheelhouse

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Kickboxing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I thought you were gonna go with "dick is like yoga, 2 minutes in everyone is asleep."

Load Metric
    Boxing, Kickboxing and anything aggressive where you can train with bags. Dodge things Judo or Aikido.

Comments

splitthis: Will check out latter 2

Gold
    Load Metric
    I would suggest you start with some basic boxing lessons or classes. Learn some striking then perhaps join a kickboxing gym.

Comments

splitthis: Can’t kick things with reconstructed leg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I had a lengthy response all written up and then realized the word was martial not marital.

I suggest meditation or throwing out your box set of Trump rally speeches

Comments

Walter Sobchak: lol

Belly Buster: lol

Load Metric
    I think I need to pursue this as a method to contain my rage. Which is best for developing discipline? Yoga is cool but isn’t long lasting and I need something to constructively control my emotions.

Tanks.
    To each their own but the most widely participated in discipline now is BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu).

Aside from the fighting benefits of it, that does have some real benefits to people beyond just the fighting aspects of it all.

glgl Split let us know how it goes =)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Depends what you’re looking for as you mentioned yoga first, which is a useful first step towards a martial art, but not really one itself.

If you’re looking for like a step up and a soft martial art which incorporates some elements, something like tai chi.

If you want something a little more intense, maybe regular jiu Jitsu.

Some type of boxing training or kickboxing if you can find right class aimed at adult beginners, and at least you’d get to hit things. That is a bigger scene in bigger cities than you’re in. You can find some cardio kickboxing class, but it’s more cardio than kickboxing training.

I get you’ve been on a fitness kick, but if you go into something too intense as a 60 year old woman, you’ll get banged up and unable to workout for six months no matter how fit you may think you are.

I know forty five year old guys who’ve been serious gym rats for 25 years who miss whole years of training over injuries, so choose wisely and look for that cardio/striking without sparring form. You start sparring and rolling you’ll find yourself hurt.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

Tanks.
    To each their own but the most widely participated in discipline now is BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu).

Aside from the fighting benefits of it, that does have some real benefits to people beyond just the fighting aspects of it all.

glgl Split let us know how it goes =)
    No need for her to train in this. She's already so good at BJJ she charges $1000 for it.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Depends what you’re looking for as you mentioned yoga first, which is a useful first step towards a martial art, but not really one itself.

If you’re looking for like a step up and a soft martial art which incorporates some elements, something like tai chi.

If you want something a little more intense, maybe regular jiu Jitsu.

Some type of boxing training or kickboxing if you can find right class aimed at adult beginners, and at least you’d get to hit things. That is a bigger scene in bigger cities than you’re in. You can find some cardio kickboxing class, but it’s more cardio than kickboxing training.

I get you’ve been on a fitness kick, but if you go into something too intense as a 60 year old woman, you’ll get banged up and unable to workout for six months no matter how fit you may think you are.

I know forty five year old guys who’ve been serious gym rats for 25 years who miss whole years of training over injuries, so choose wisely and look for that cardio/striking without sparring form. You start sparring and rolling you’ll find yourself hurt.
    Ya, I’m not looking to injure myself, more interested in the mental fitness combined with physical non traumatic training.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    shotokan because it's what sub zero used in Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

Load Metric
    Name:  5d33b62e3a0e7b981351f66f23be2bcc.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  61.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Been thinking about this cause that's how much I got going on right now. I think you should change tack here
    and lead, not follow. Women are as fierce as the next gender. No martial art can compare.

Start with a manifesto obv., then get some some like minded gals or those who identify a such together and you're on your way. The sweet cash you'll be banking from memberships will subdue that inner demon.

And name it The 53 Cent Club.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I did not know you were a woman, in that case I strongly suggest a cardio boxing class. No need to be a BJJ expert at your age, not worth learning. You’ll get in the best shape of your life doing cardio boxing classes. 8 , 3 min rounds something like that. Can work with trainer on side.

Are you the one who got paid to give some guy a bj? At the country club or something?

Load Metric
    I am in great physical shape already. I need something mental physical combined to control my rage obv surfaced since quitting booze. I like the idea of some sort of martial art that will make a brain body control connection.

As far as the bj goes, it was for my ex husband who I was separated from yet still living together with. He was randy one evening and told him 1k for the bj and he peeled out the 10 100s. 5 mins later, bank. It wasn’t a big deal.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    I am in great physical shape already. I need something mental physical combined to control my rage obv surfaced since quitting booze. I like the idea of some sort of martial art that will make a brain body control connection.

As far as the bj goes, it was for my ex husband who I was separated from yet still living together with. He was randy one evening and told him 1k for the bj and he peeled out the 10 100s. 5 mins later, bank. It wasn’t a big deal.
    Either you're very good or he wasn't concerned about trying to stretch those dollars. Either way, respeck.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I second boxing. You never have to go to the ring or anything like that. You can take a class or trainer to just show/drill how to hit without breaking your wrists or straining anything. The technique for training isn't hard, you just need to set it and keep it on the right track.

Most gyms should have all the equipment you need.

I assumed you didn't want anything with grappling, throwing and the sorts. Wrestling variants. Judo and Jujitsu is mostly that. Aikido is a softer variant of that. They have pressure point techniques and tricks where a "weaker" person can really hurt some one. But in training you're hitting the floor a lot on purpose and a lot of it requires a partner.

Tai Chi could work out. It's best known from slow dance like practice routines seen in parks. Once you know what to do you need few square meters of space for practice. That part is meditative. What it does is chain together moves that have practical use once you learn that. It just drills it to muscle memory with long chain of different moves compared to more common repetition of a single move. Tai Chi has few low kicks and it's part of soft Chinese Kung Fu schools.

Comments

splitthis: Good advice, ty

Load Metric
    i watched that netflix karate kid thing and the advice i got for you guys is literally find cocaine and turn it into crack

Thread Information