Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please tell me the Republicans didn't make their convention in a hurricane-prone city during the late summer

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Please tell me the Republicans didn't make their convention in a hurricane-prone city during the late summer

They did?

Shit.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    But since Global Climate Change is a fake liberal conspiracy, it shouldn't be a problem.

Load Metric
    Suspending the RNC for 1 day was totally unnecessary. I'm in Tampa right now, and it's literally bright and sunny out.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Suspending the RNC for 1 day was totally unnecessary. I'm in Tampa right now, and it's literally bright and sunny out.

just a big rainmaker
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    But since Global Climate Change is a fake liberal conspiracy, it shouldn't be a problem.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Governments like to keep their pubic in a permanent state of mild peril. Let's face it most healthy people can look after themselves pretty well most of the time. For politicians to remain relevant, it pays them to maintain the threat of something "big" that requires them to act in a way the general citizen can't. In the last decade we have had the global financial crisis and the post-9/11 al queda terrorist threat.

After the cold war and gulf war finished in the early 90s, the world was a relatively stable place. No big crises, global wars, no imminent fear of major catastrophe. Of course this is not great for those politicians that need to feel relevant.

So around this time a bunch of scientists were starting to talk more about "Global Warming". This became a vogue for governments to give us something else to worry about. In the UK a weather forecaster famously said the temperatures in 20 years (i.e. now) would be the same as Spain at the time.

It didn't come to pass, in fact average temperatures have remained the same. But the governments need to keep the public interest but they don't talk about "Global Warming" it is now "Climate Change". Scientists have been firmly on the bandwagon collecting research money, their results have been manufactured along the way. Any climate event is now "proof" of major global climate change, even though these events were not originally predicted by the scientists, and some were the exact opposite of the predictions.

With the world in the brink of financial collapse, funnily enough climate change is now no longer in the news. We, apparently, have more important things to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Governments like to keep their pubic in a permanent state of mild peril. Let's face it most healthy people can look after themselves pretty well most of the time. For politicians to remain relevant, it pays them to maintain the threat of something "big" that requires them to act in a way the general citizen can't. In the last decade we have had the global financial crisis and the post-9/11 al queda terrorist threat.

After the cold war and gulf war finished in the early 90s, the world was a relatively stable place. No big crises, global wars, no imminent fear of major catastrophe. Of course this is not great for those politicians that need to feel relevant.

So around this time a bunch of scientists were starting to talk more about "Global Warming". This became a vogue for governments to give us something else to worry about. In the UK a weather forecaster famously said the temperatures in 20 years (i.e. now) would be the same as Spain at the time.

It didn't come to pass, in fact average temperatures have remained the same. But the governments need to keep the public interest but they don't talk about "Global Warming" it is now "Climate Change". Scientists have been firmly on the bandwagon collecting research money, their results have been manufactured along the way. Any climate event is now "proof" of major global climate change, even though these events were not originally predicted by the scientists, and some were the exact opposite of the predictions.

With the world in the brink of financial collapse, funnily enough climate change is now no longer in the news. We, apparently, have more important things to worry about.

That's a great theory.

Except for the scientists in the 1890s that realized that burning fossil fuels would increase CO2 levels, and thus average temperatures.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...climate-change

Al Gore was talking about climate change in the 80s and all of the idiot conservatives said he was nuts.

Contrary to your statement, global temperature has been going up steadily.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/Fig.A2.gif

People have been keeping accurate temperate records for 130 years. Let's take a look at the warmest ones of those 130.

Notice anything?

Load Metric
    a gradual uprise in temps DirtyB. sweet. I bet 50 years from now they will slowly go down.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    a gradual uprise in temps DirtyB. sweet. I bet 50 years from now they will slowly go down.
    Yep. The planet if 4B years old and people take a snapshot of a 100 years and draw assumptions out of thin air to fit their politcal ideology. It was pretty warm when the dinosaurs where around and nobody was burning coal, infact Man was not even around.

The funny thing was liberals made this a focal point like 10 years and know nobody even talks about it anymore. Even the biggest liberal of them all, Obama, does not even comment on it unless its to serve red meat to some wealthy donors, then he will mention it is passing.

The best guy to find commenting on Global Warming is the guy who was the head of Greenpeace for years. He left the organization because the whole Environmental movement came to be dominated by a bunch of left wing Marxist whackos who used the organization as a tool for "social justice". He made the comment that right before he left a lot of the group wanted to throw their resources in banning Chlorine. He tried to tell them that you could not ban and element in the Peridioc Table of Elements, but he said they did not want to hear and he knew it was time to leave. LOL.

The biggest suckers are not the one that believe Man Made Global Warming, it's the one that actually donate money to its cause.

Load Metric
    Barry, you're such a smart guy I don't understand how you can always call the one party a bunch of idiots, and think that your party is the best thing that ever happened to the world.

Do you really think that your side is ALWAYS right, and the others are juyst always lying?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Barry, you're such a smart guy I don't understand how you can always call the one party a bunch of idiots, and think that your party is the best thing that ever happened to the world.

Do you really think that your side is ALWAYS right, and the others are juyst always lying?
    I've really become a big fan of yours over the last several months.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Here is the founder of Greenpeace, a real right wing guy I am sure. Que up the minute from 43:00 to 44:15 to hear what he has to say about the current state of the Environmental Movement and who it is inhabited by. It's got the before mentioned Chlorine quote, which I just find hilarious.

As for the rest of the movie, if you are interested in "the other side of Man Made Global Warming" it's a great watch.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

I've really become a big fan of yours over the last several months.

I don't wanna get your bi-dick too hard here, but I've become quite the fan of you as well... To this day I am scooping up every reward program I can get my grubby fat fingers on
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric

Pretty much sums up American politics in a nutshell.

Load Metric

Barry's party is wrong about plenty of things, but this is not an example of that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post

Barry's party is wrong about plenty of things, but this is not an example of that.

That's fine. I wasn't insinuating that. I just noticed any time something comes up he's so quick to bash the right and blow the left.

Load Metric

That's fine. I wasn't insinuating that. I just noticed any time something comes up he's so quick to bash the right and blow the left.
    Yup, Barry is a Michael Moore type for sure. I'm extremely left-wing, but I can't stand demagogues on either side.

Load Metric

I never mentioned parties and I don't belong to a party.

The only word of my post that isn't 100% fact is "idiot". If you don't understand high school level science, then I'm going to call you an idiot.

The only "sides" here are people who grasp scientific data and people who ignore it out of political ideology. If you think that makes me a partisan, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Last edited by DirtyB; 08-27-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Load Metric
    Yup, Barry is a Michael Moore type for sure. I'm extremely left-wing, but I can't stand demagogues on either side.
    BTW, I hate Michael Moore. He misrepresents statistics to make political points.

Thread Information