Thread: Maybe now is the time to bet against the Stock Market?

Load Metric

Maybe now is the time to bet against the Stock Market?

Fed has flooded the system with cash. Everyone is excited about the economy re-opening. Wages going up. Time of your life!

This reminds me of 1999, New Years Eve, I was at a party and everyone was bragging about all their dot-com stocking holdings. Poof.

A friend of mine, now dead, told me when the market is orgasmic get the fuck out.

Load Metric
    Lot of people said the same shit in 1997. Market doubled from there.

Maybe you right but the game is way more rigged in one direction than the other, and it aint down.

Comments

shoeshine box:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Lot of people said the same shit in 1997. Market doubled from there.

Maybe you right but the game is way more rigged in one direction than the other, and it aint down.
    Dow and S&P 500 are sofa King rigged to go up

Load Metric
    Special Purpose Acquisition Company

A special purpose acquisition company, also known as a "blank check company" is a shell corporation listed on a stock exchange with the purpose of acquiring a private company, thus making it public without going through the traditional initial public offering process.
    SPAC's are going to create the worst stock market bubble in history.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Just out of curiosity seagull, how exactly would YOU bet against this market.

You have some bravado about you, enlighten us please..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

He doesn't have any money and he doesn't know anything, he just likes to talk out of his ass.

Comments

garrett: lol

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Fed has flooded the system with cash. Everyone is excited about the economy re-opening. Wages going up. Time of your life!

This reminds me of 1999, New Years Eve, I was at a party and everyone was bragging about all their dot-com stocking holdings. Poof.

A friend of mine, now dead, told me when the market is orgasmic get the fuck out.
    What's your timeline? When you bet against the market you take a short position for a particular date. Did you have one in mind or are you going to keep shorting month after month until a black swan event nets you huge money and wipes out your previous losses? We'll share your sweat.

Today's closes:

S&P 500: 3,901.82
    DOW: 31,535.51
    NASDAQ: 13,588.83

Let us know within the week when we are going to check back in and where you think the indices will be.

By the way, CNN is still on the air, at least as of this morning. Want to extend your prediction to 2022?
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 03-02-2021 at 02:00 AM.

Load Metric
    I mean, when the OP talks about things going down the toilet, I listen.

Comments

dwai: zing

Walter Sobchak: only turds

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

He doesn't have any money and he doesn't know anything, he just likes to talk out of his ass.
    Name:  1639a02c1aa3923bfb16bbe3131672e530ba766da53c3d73ef4f9d71c52d5747.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  50.9 KB

Load Metric

What's your timeline? When you bet against the market you take a short position for a particular date. Did you have one in mind or are you going to keep shorting month after month until a black swan event nets you huge money and wipes out your previous losses? We'll share your sweat.

Today's closes:

Let us know within the week when we are going to check back in and where you think the indices will be.

By the way, CNN is still on the air, at least as of this morning. Want to extend your prediction to 2022?
    To be fair you can “short” the market but just selling what you got and moving to cash in order to buy back later. Using options to short the market (or short ETF’s) is a professional game. I don’t fuck with it.

Feels like I’ve only been able to do this a few times but you really only need to be right once to make it worth it over the long term. I sold it all in 2007 which ended up being the best decision I’ve ever made. Avoiding that pitfall build a foundation that I’ll build my retirement on.

Load Metric

Today's closes:

Seeing how CNN is actively looking for a buyer, my prediction is just early

How is your prediction Gavin Newsom going to be President going? Guy is ready to get booted

Just because I don't brag about money like you and head injury guy does not mean I don't have it. I have plenty but with 0% interest rates by the Fed you have to be borderline IQ 70 not to have a lot of money. Or just walk into traffic like head injury guy did

You are obsessed with me, plenty of people have been since 2007. Stay in line

Comments

garrett: lol im just having fun with you seagull, only believe half of what you hear, and all of what you see =)...

splitthis: Obsession

Load Metric

Today's closes:

How is your prediction Gavin Newsom going to be President going? Guy is ready to get booted

Just because I don't brag about money like you and head injury guy does not mean I don't have it. I have plenty but with 0% interest rates by the Fed you have to be borderline IQ 70 not to have a lot of money. Or just walk into traffic like head injury guy did

Please show one post where I have ever predicted Gavin Newsom is going to be president.

You brag about money all the time. "$2 million liquid!" LOL You don't even have 2 million Zimbabwe dollars.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Today's closes:

To be fair you can “short” the market but just selling what you got and moving to cash in order to buy back later. Using options to short the market (or short ETF’s) is a professional game. I don’t fuck with it.

Feels like I’ve only been able to do this a few times but you really only need to be right once to make it worth it over the long term. I sold it all in 2007 which ended up being the best decision I’ve ever made. Avoiding that pitfall build a foundation that I’ll build my retirement on.
    OK, I don't consider that shorting or betting against the market but I see what you're saying.

Trying to time the market is a fool's errand but I'm glad it worked for you.

Load Metric

Please show one post where I have ever predicted Gavin Newsom is going to be president.

You brag about money all the time. "$2 million liquid!" LOL You don't even have 2 million Zimbabwe dollars.
    You said in a post we will be calling Gavin Newsom President in 2028 or something like that. It will take a while for me to find it, and I'd rather not use this mess of a search engine, however if you are proposing a bet, let me know the terms and I will consider taking your money.

Load Metric

You said in a post we will be calling Gavin Newsom President in 2028 or something like that. It will take a while for me to find it, and I'd rather not use this mess of a search engine, however if you are proposing a bet, let me know the terms and I will consider taking your money.
    Yeah I said that as a joke to tilt everyone complaining about his hypocrisy on covid restrictions (which is real). I don't really predict that he will be elected president. But fair enough.

Load Metric

Yeah I said that as a joke to tilt everyone complaining about his hypocrisy on covid restrictions (which is real). I don't really predict that he will be elected president. But fair enough.
    Never doubt me. Ever.

Load Metric

Never doubt me. Ever.
    Babymomma probably has some valid counters here tbh.

Comments

garrett: this one's a real ZINGer here haha....

shoeshine box: cold shot. ouch.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Never doubt me. Ever.
    President Romney and #1 draft pick Johnny Manziel endorse you wholeheartedly.

Thread Information