Here's a picture Allen posted on his Facebook, with the caption, "Please poker tournament directors, if you want people to feel comfortable playing you need safety protocols like @shrpo or @SHRTPoker. Making a weak effort like this wont cut it in my book."

Name:  houston-covid.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  94.0 KB

It should be noted that the tournament director at Prime is former Commerce TD Justin Hammer -- someone Kessler hasn't gotten along with for awhile. There is a possibility that this was mainly a shot at Justin. While Allen didn't name the venue, it was pretty obvious from looking at the picture, given the large PRIME on the wall.

That aside, does this picture bother you?

Clearly there's both a lack of social distancing, the masking seems inconsistent, and it's indoors.

To me, this looks dangerous, and I wouldn't go there. Of course, if nobody at the tournament has COVID, nobody's going to get sick. Ray Henson, who's from the Houston area and also frequently argues with Kessler, said that Kessler made the same complaint a few months ago, and nobody got sick. He said he also offered to make an over/under bet on the number of people catching COVID from that event, and Kessler wouldn't take it.

I still feel that this sort of setting is a mistake. COVID mainly spreads indoors, especially when there's a lot of people close together. If anyone there has COVID, there's going to be a lot of sick people.