Thread: apestyles was banned from GGPoker in late 2020, now is pressuring them to bring him back

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

apestyles was banned from GGPoker in late 2020, now is pressuring them to bring him back

apestyles is longtime online poker Jonathan Van Fleet.

He was caught up in the whole Fedor Kruse situation, and banned from GGPoker. While he didn't have any direct association with Kruse, he claims that GG banned lots of pros, including him, alleging the use of real time solvers. He denies the allegations.

Here's an interview from December where he talks about it:

http://somuchpoker.com/interview-jon...poker-journey/

MP: Since the Fedor Kruse case, the poker rooms have started a war against Real-Time Assistance and GTO solver programmes. GGPoker suddenly banned a lot of players including you, which they also received some backlash for it. Some people said it was leading to unfair and biased decisions against regular pros, what is your opinion regarding the banned players controversy? Is that like a poker witch hunt?

apestyles: Yes, I have been banned from GGPoker even though I never used real-time assistance and with any due process, without even informing me what they have against me. They did however, give me my money back and I do believe they have the right to choose who they wish to play on their site or not. Honestly, it did seem that only winning players got booted off. I don’t know any losing player that has been banned.

Recently, I have also been under investigation by PokerStars, probably because of GGPoker. It is ongoing but I am absolutely 100% confident that I will be cleared because there is nothing I have done in violation of their terms and conditions. I am excited for that actually. Another reason was that I am associated with a site called GTOTrainer.com which shows on my Twitch after a session. I do have a program on my computer that is meant to prevent me from using the site while I am playing. GTOTrainer has a lot of different solvers that you can look up to for almost every situation postflop and we actually, work really hard to prevent cheating. In order to use the site, you must first download a program that doesn’t allow you to have other poker sites open and has a delay to make sure people cannot use it in real-time. I can’t stand cheaters and I have great respect for people who study their game to get better which is why GTOTrainer is meant to be used as a great study tool alone.

After all of that, I just realized that I have to be vigilant about what I have open on my computer because I teach poker and I have some documents that I really need to close while I am playing, regardless if I’m not using them. The poker sites have really good detectors which is great. I am glad that these sites have securities but it does suck to be accused when you technically work hard and don’t do anything wrong.

Now apestyles is going on the offensive, demanding GG unban him:

https://twitter.com/apestyles/status/1365444281612201985

Hard to tell who's right here. If he's associated with a training program called "GTOTrainer", it's not a stretch to believe he might have been using real time assistance while playing. I'm not accusing him of anything, but I'm also not saying GG is necessarily out of line here.

Opinions?

Load Metric
    If a poker site has evidence of a guy cheating, do they give him his money back when they boot him? No, of course not, poker sites love to confiscate funds.

They booted him because they can, and because for whatever reason they thought he was bad for their business, but if they thought he was a cheater, they would have kept his entire roll, or at least sat on it for an extended amount of time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    If a poker site has evidence of a guy cheating, do they give him his money back when they boot him? No, of course not, poker sites love to confiscate funds.

They booted him because they can, and because for whatever reason they thought he was bad for their business, but if they thought he was a cheater, they would have kept his entire roll, or at least sat on it for an extended amount of time.
    GG hasn't acted particularly ethically about a lot of things, so it's hard to tell who is right here. They've been especially hostile toward pros. Can they kick all pros off? Yes. Should they? No.

However, at the same time, it's kinda hard to believe that a guy so closely associated with a GTO training tool wasn't using one.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Don't know much about this guy but he is an ACR pro so that tells me all I need to know how he really feels about cheating. GG Poker stole a deposit from me so I don't trust them either. It's sad that all the poker sites appear to be so heavily scam infested.

Thread Information