Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: NBA Top Shot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So I've been selling my moments. Slowly, because that's all I can do.

I've noticed on the evaluate.market site that nearly every moment is slowly trending DOWN in value. Which means it looks to be the correct play to open the packs and sell the moments ASAP, barring site fail.

I think holding them is a mistake, since NBA Top Shot is constantly releasing new ones, and they have a nearly unlimited well to draw from (think of how short the clips are, and how many NBA games have been played). Plus they're releasing 2,000-35,000 of each one, and I think the number of secondary market buyers is rapidly getting smaller compared to the number of drop winners.

I don't think this is like bitcoin where we're going to see constantly fluctuating value, even after it appears to be on its way down for awhile. I think it's much smarter to get immediate gratification.

My Rising Stars moment was shit and only sold for $375 or so, and my two Seein Stars sold in the $100s. The rest are worth under $20. I spent less than $230 total, so obviously I'm in the positive. This still looks like almost guaranteed money if you get a pack and sell quickly. The secondary market looks like a huge mistake as a buyer.
    BUMP

I can't say I always make the right move, but this was the right move, even though I could have made a little more had I timed it better.

I mentioned on March 9 that my Nickeil Alexander-Walker, from Rising Stars, "only" sold for $375. Today he could be had for the princely sum of $47.

What a fail this turned out to be. NBA Top Shot should be studied as an example of how to blow a golden opportunity via egregious mismanagement.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

yes I hope I get my 141 bucks.
    I have 1 card left. prob get 3 bucks from 85 in march...
    I took about 100 buck loss.... if I get the 145 out of them...looks like weeks.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apparently Top Shot is being used for 6-figure money laundering.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...thdrawals.html

Interesting article!

Comments

shoeshine box: I actually thought. of that... wonder if I get paid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From the same article...

And then there are the likes of Matthew Morgan and Sean Kelly, two investors who say they pooled their money into NBA Top Shot, only to be frozen out of their joint account as their potential $100,000 profit was wiped out by the declining value of their tokens.

'We're basically out like $350,000 at this point,' Morgan told DailyMail.com.

Kelly and Morgan say they repeatedly reached out Dapper Labs, but only received infrequent responses from the company, and they're still unable to withdraw their funds.

Now they're planning legal action against Dapper Labs, and they may not be alone.

'I got a lot of buddies who got in at the same time, and we're all out tons of money,' Kelly told DailyMail.com. 'I get texts from people every day who still can't withdraw.'

According to Kelly and Morgan, Dapper Labs's withdrawal protocols really serve the purpose of preventing a market collapse, like the one CryptoKitties endured in 2018.

'They knew that if they would have just opened it up [and allowed withdrawals], the whole company would have went under because everyone would have pulled out their capital [from NBA Top Shot],' Morgan said.

'They didn't let you pull out your own money, and they held everybody hostage. And we're still unable to get the money out months later. The value just keeps decreasing. So what, it ends up at zero? We would have pulled out a long time ago if they had given us an option.'

Platinum
    Load Metric
    From the same article...

And then there are the likes of Matthew Morgan and Sean Kelly, two investors who say they pooled their money into NBA Top Shot, only to be frozen out of their joint account as their potential $100,000 profit was wiped out by the declining value of their tokens.

'We're basically out like $350,000 at this point,' Morgan told DailyMail.com.

Kelly and Morgan say they repeatedly reached out Dapper Labs, but only received infrequent responses from the company, and they're still unable to withdraw their funds.

Now they're planning legal action against Dapper Labs, and they may not be alone.

'I got a lot of buddies who got in at the same time, and we're all out tons of money,' Kelly told DailyMail.com. 'I get texts from people every day who still can't withdraw.'

According to Kelly and Morgan, Dapper Labs's withdrawal protocols really serve the purpose of preventing a market collapse, like the one CryptoKitties endured in 2018.

'They knew that if they would have just opened it up [and allowed withdrawals], the whole company would have went under because everyone would have pulled out their capital [from NBA Top Shot],' Morgan said.

'They didn't let you pull out your own money, and they held everybody hostage. And we're still unable to get the money out months later. The value just keeps decreasing. So what, it ends up at zero? We would have pulled out a long time ago if they had given us an option.'

Bullshit, they could have sold at any time and just kept their balance in their dapper account. Just because they couldn’t withdrawal doesn’t mean they couldn’t sell.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Thumbs up

NBA are whores and lay down with fleas.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    From the same article...

Bullshit, they could have sold at any time and just kept their balance in their dapper account. Just because they couldn’t withdrawal doesn’t mean they couldn’t sell.
    it sounds like their account was locked and then couldn't even login to sell

they probably did something shady like used bots

TS is a fail site, but they aren't just locking 6 figure accounts for no reason
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regardless of whether these two dudes were doing something shady, I do agre that something is weird here. Like... why was it so hard to hire the proper staff for withdrawals, especially after the big funding which came through at its peak?

It really does seem like this was by design. The article talks about Dapper's previous NFT foray "Crypto Kitties", which collapsed in 2018 after too many people took their profits and ran. So I bet these geniuses thought they were just gonna stall withdrawals with "OMG staff so insufficient, OMG growth so unexpected", and thus force liquidlty to remain on the site.

This would explain why we would get bullshit posturing like, "Great news, we just increased are withdrawal staff from 4 to 8", when everyone knew the staff needed to go from 4 to 400, not 4 to 8. Just fake addressing of the problem as if they're trying to solve it. I never understood why the withdrawal issue wasn't quickly solved, since it's not expensive to hire low-end staff to process this stuff. Now it makes more sense.

Load Metric
    you know what really pisses me off is that first you spend a bunch of money on their dumb fucking NF tease right? so they made the money for the packs. THEN when you wanna turn it around and sell it to someone else they take a fucking fee for that. So they get a fee for every fucking transaction in the marketplace that they literally created. so they are getting money for packs and all transactions right? oh but that's not fucking enough for them, no, in order to withdraw you have to pay them for that privilege as well.

man fuck top shots

Comments

shoeshine box: word

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

OK..Fk Top shots....Fail for me also...BUttttt..... stuck about 80 jew beans.
    Had like 165 in there.....never gonna see it w/o the 25$ bank Xfer extort so.....

Paid 14 $ just now ,like 80k pos left.....I mean Packs

So I got a John collins?? 2 others, put em up with price guides...6,6, 75, the 75 one sold boom..so at 218 the 6$ ones stagnant... was a great Moral boost ...For a WIN in LIFE!!!....crypto alts. killing my tip box.
    I need to win a Freeroll here soon... gd luck...

Will some of you follow Hebes send Druff a 20$ bill for our Hats man....We got a WSOP to PLAY IN!!!!! fƒirst time in 30 yrs.

UPDATE : Jaylen Brown sold 5.00... John Collins 75......ok 1 to go. Anthony Davis... 5 bux..
    Last edited by shoeshine box; 06-11-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Its still in beta. You should be loading up on packs. Give it some time

Comments

shoeshine box: im to busy seeing Drs and diet gurus due to CRYPTo patience, iron balls and diamond hands and lil pea brains.uhh brain.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Its still in beta. You should be loading up on packs. Give it some time
    Thinking a bit on what you said and you right. Shd have all them packs Un Opened in the WINGS...... man..... maybe I start now...ok. Good idea...great job mentioning it..ty ty...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    shoeshine, honestly I'd stay away at this point.

There are TONS of NFT fads out there, and Top Shot, while having huge potential 3-4 months ago, has cratered. People got sick of all the fail, and quit. I don't see it coming back, much like I don't see Myspace ever becoming a major social media site again, no matter what they do.

Zed Run, which is making a lot of the same mistakes as Top Shot, still has a chance to succeed, but that window is rapidly closing.

Comments

shoeshine box: I'll see if this last card sells and get extorted for 25 bux. ty fir the 2 cents. its worth 1.00$

OSA: Myspace died because something better came along. What's going to be better than TS?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Anyone tried to withdraw recently? Issues?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Anyone tried to withdraw recently? Issues?
    I think there are no problems today, except you have to still wait a while before you can withdraw. I had no probs doing 1.5k or so about a month ago, boom right into my bank account a few days after withdrawing. $25 fee.

To shoeshine: You gotta grow your account to beat the $25 withdrawal fee. Just do what OSA says, buy packs when they are available. Latest pack two days ago: spent $14 made $25 on top. I try to sell right away (but actually wait a few hours after the drop cuz others are selling too much right away).

Doing it this way, you likely won't get a chance at the high priced packs. NBA Top Shot now has a collector score. My collector score is ZERO and so will yours be. They want to reward collectors...but the collectors, safe to say, haven't profited by holding lately.

Load Metric
    Oh, and shoe, saw you were complaining that your "special Golden ticket card" for the $14 pack was John Collins...well, yeah, only worth about $25 day of the pack drop...but now worth a minimum of $70...

Name:  john_collins.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  57.8 KB

Top Shot is immensely profitable for small stakes still.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I haven't hit the withdraw button, but I might soon. I've completely lost faith. At least I sold my 3-figure-value moments long before the crash. I have some trash moments in my account which I might just leave there in case this rebounds and I need to be holding moments to get into drops again.

I don't see Top Shot coming back. It had its moment in the sun, and now there are too many other NFT projects out there for it to come back.

Load Metric
    I haven't hit the withdraw button, but I might soon. I've completely lost faith. At least I sold my 3-figure-value moments long before the crash. I have some trash moments in my account which I might just leave there in case this rebounds and I need to be holding moments to get into drops again.

I don't see Top Shot coming back. It had its moment in the sun, and now there are too many other NFT projects out there for it to come back.
    If you wanna withdraw, I think you have to hit that withdraw button to get yourself into the "queue" for withdrawals. Then it should take a week or two. So press it. It just gets your account ready. I think you gotta do some KYC stuff that's pretty easy to complete when you press it, that's the first step.

When you can actually withdraw (because you've reached the front of the line for withdrawal processing), you have to press the withdraw button again, and then the option to ACTUALLY withdraw will be there...

I don't even know how they make Top Shot interesting any more. I liked it cuz it really was free $, but it's so small now if you wanna do that (and not hold tons of moments to have a high collector score).
    Last edited by Forum Wars; 06-13-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Load Metric
    Bought the latest $14 pack

Sold the good moment for $50.

The glory days of 10x your money are gone but that is still a great ROI

Comments

Forum Wars:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Bought the latest $14 pack

Sold the good moment for $50.

The glory days of 10x your money are gone but that is still a great ROI
    The recent MGLE pack was at a minimum getting 10x. If you pulled Durant, 100x.

Thread Information