Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: “Ron DeSantis is the future of the Republican Party,” Fox News commentator Lisa Boothe wrote in a recent tweet.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Had a pretty idiotic, arrogant response to COVID and is a known Trump bootlicker with receipts.

Wanting to lower flags to honor a dead racist entertainer is good cannon fodder for Team Retard.

Also looks semi retarded. Great avatar for Trumpism but too much baggage for any real ascent.
    As it's played out, he actually looks fairly good regarding COVID. Things have changed since last year, when Cuomo was the media hero and DeSantis was the villain.

DeSantis actually did a lot of things correctly regarding COVID, which a lot of blue state governors didn't:

- Resisted shutting down outdoor dining and activities. (Remember the embarrassing incidents in California where the police were arresting surfers?)

- Did the opposite of Cuomo, and established "COVID-only nursing homes", where certain nursing homes were set up to only house COVID-positive patients, and the rest could not take people with COVID.

- Kept schools open longer and reopened sooner, which looks like the correct decision based upon the science, especially for students from poorer families, who are suffering the most.

- Has a lower COVID deaths-per-million average than the rest of the US, despite having the second-highest percentage of seniors in the population (only behind Maine, which is a small, sparsely-populated state).

- Rejected the CDC "racial equity" nonsense in determining COVID vaccine distribution procedures, and made it age-based. Other states, including blue ones, have since come around to admitting that distributing the vaccine based upon age is the best practice. It should also be noted that other first-world countries are doing it a similar way to Florida, and aren't considering "racial equity" or other social factors when prioritizing vaccine distribution. DeSantis had this correct from the start.

But yeah, DeSantis has been horrible on COVID because CNN told Sloopy Joe that's the case. Oh, and Cuomo deserves an Emmy.

Comments

garrett: "Cuomo deserves an Emmy" .. haha =)

Cerveza Fria: Awesome synopsis

dwai:

Sloppy Joe: 30k deaths lol retard

mickeycrimm:

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Had a pretty idiotic, arrogant response to COVID and is a known Trump bootlicker with receipts.

Wanting to lower flags to honor a dead racist entertainer is good cannon fodder for Team Retard.

Also looks semi retarded. Great avatar for Trumpism but too much baggage for any real ascent.
    As it's played out, he actually looks fairly good regarding COVID. Things have changed since last year, when Cuomo was the media hero and DeSantis was the villain.

DeSantis actually did a lot of things correctly regarding COVID, which a lot of blue state governors didn't:

- Resisted shutting down outdoor dining and activities. (Remember the embarrassing incidents in California where the police were arresting surfers?)

- Did the opposite of Cuomo, and established "COVID-only nursing homes", where certain nursing homes were set up to only house COVID-positive patients, and the rest could not take people with COVID.

- Kept schools open longer and reopened sooner, which looks like the correct decision based upon the science, especially for students from poorer families, who are suffering the most.

- Has a lower COVID deaths-per-million average than the rest of the US, despite having the second-highest percentage of seniors in the population (only behind Maine, which is a small, sparsely-populated state).

- Rejected the CDC "racial equity" nonsense in determining COVID vaccine distribution procedures, and made it age-based. Other states, including blue ones, have since come around to admitting that distributing the vaccine based upon age is the best practice. It should also be noted that other first-world countries are doing it a similar way to Florida, and aren't considering "racial equity" or other social factors when prioritizing vaccine distribution. DeSantis had this correct from the start.

But yeah, DeSantis has been horrible on COVID because CNN told Sloopy Joe that's the case. Oh, and Cuomo deserves an Emmy.
    Yeah whatabout Cuomo.

Fucking moron.

Comments

Dan Druff: facts triggering portland lib

dwai: lol covid libtard tilt

gimmick:

mickeycrimm: Sloppy Hoe

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Bozo

garrett: lol you need a little pick me up here fella =)....

splitthis: Anti lib train
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I wish there was a way to bet against DeSantis 2024, as I find that virtually impossible to happen. To take the other side in some way that didn’t require sitting around for 4 years.

If he has extraordinary patience, you can make an an argument for DeSantis in 28 or 36 as he’s young enough.

I can’t see how DeSantis 2024 can be a thing unless Trump has zero political ambition left and none of his children do. That feels very unlikely.

Add DeSantis to the pile of biggest beneficiaries if Trump happens to drop dead. Any DeSantis 2024 bet is almost a Trump death/prison hedge.

DeSantis base is from the Facebook Tea Party world.

He’s going to emerge from Covid looking decent, and that his decisions weren’t horrible in comparison, and from a big picture if you aren’t familiar with him, you’d think he could be an alternative. Never happening this next cycle.

Problem is his entire base, particularly on the state level wants 2024 Trump, not DeSantis 2024. There isn’t any way to extricate yourself from that.

I’d like his chances if he were the governor of AZ or NM and could just throw some nice words his way every once in awhile and be detached and seen as running your state.

Being the governor of the state Trump resides in, that’s impossible. Every dumb thing Trump says or does, he’ll be the first person the media run to and asks for comment. Horrible spot. No ability to lie in the weeds. Especially now where he’s the chalk outside Trump and Haley. It isn’t like the left doesn’t know his resume and that he could be viable.

He’s been in lockstep 100% policy-wise.

So he’s going to have to bide his time. One word of dissent and Trump will destroy him and run Ivanka or someone against him who will finish him.

He’s got to be smart and aware of all of this. If Trump so much as announces he’s running, he can’t even chance running himself. The first debate would end his career. He’d become Tricky Ricky or whatever Trump labeled him and game over.

To be honest, with the way Trump is wired, the last thing you want is any DeSantis 2024 talk now if you want to eventually win it all some day.

Trump starts hearing that on the local news every night instead of Trump, he’ll take you out after a bad day on the golf course.

Pence was the perfect VP up until the last month. He’s never going to outshine you. You don’t want to ever outshine a narcissist. If I was Nikki Haley I’m having reporters friendly to me writing articles about how Trump is a New Yorker and old news and DeSantis is Florida’s favorite son and the future. Couple of those and have them put DeSantis approval ratings next to Trumps in every article and it’s on.

Comments

Dan Druff:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What BCR said is basically correct.

No point to try to anger Trump and have people turn against him. DeSantis is 6 1/2 years YOUNGER than me. He has a shitload of time. If he ran in 2056 (!!), he'd be the same age as Biden was in 2020!

It's possible he has a future as a Presidential nominee, but I don't think in '24.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

In my country cannabis is legal both medically and recreationally.. These outlets, like most shops that are not crowded on a daily basis take the necessary precautions and are considered somewhat an essential service considering the stress brought on my the pandemic. The fact that Florida restricts the sale of cannabis flowers is nonsensical as is the legislature not listening to the people who elected them. The fact Florida allows drive through liquor and gun shops might make you question the wisdom of your great state, which is popular only for it's weather, lax gun laws and and wildlife refugee farms

Allowing thousands to attend live sports in stadiums, stadiums owned by millionaires who keep their pockets full from TV revenue is the bigger joke.

eh kinda true but not exactly.....

Remember I myself grew up in New Jersey the first 30 years of my life, and that is all that I knew. The last 12 or so year I have now lived in Florida here, and its very different from the State level perspective, New Jersey and Florida. New Jersey is probably a lot like where you are from and Canada very Liberal. Florida is actually the polar opposite and a Red very Right Leaning Conservative State. Jersey and Florida are opposites. Jersey just went recreational as your talking actually (like Canada now..) Florida its way over Regulated and Taxed (Conservative) here. So while I 100% agree with you and think on the whole we should just make Marijuana recreational once and for all. Its literally no big deal in a few years, no onw would even care or notice. Just as is everywhere, no smoking in Public so do it respectfully. Which is how most all do it anyway, so its a big waste of money and effort really. What you left out that is very very attractive about Florida being your home State here in the U.S, so Floridians we don't pay that extra5-9% or whatever your State Tax is in Florida. So and I know now, I think what I realized about Florida is this.........

People do what I now call "Donald Trump it", which what I mean by that is this. You make your millions and get rich elsewhere, then when you are older as most people seem to do. They 'Retire' and move down here to Florida then. They got rich elsewhere, and then became a Floridian for the weather, beach's, bots, and of course no State-Income Tax, so very big Tax benefits. And in your older years, when your earning Years are behind you, im sure you are then gonna be counting pennies or watching them then. Florida does have very absurd Laws and rules which make absolutely no sense. Not even from a Scientific standpoint. Like here in Florida we have a Massive motorcycle population (weather/Sun), big Daytona Beach is here. And for absolutely not one reason that makes sense it is NOT a Law in Florida to have to wear a helmet when on a motorcycle. New Jersey with a very small Motorcycle Population, and Winters (lol) has a Law that makes you were a helmet. So there really are some ass-backwards Laws in Florida, and some of its not even worth caring or bothering with lol...

That is how I see Florida myself after ~12 years now, people get RICH (Trump) elsewhere, and then they come down here to Florida to 'Retire' and have fun in the Sun while also having the very big benefit of not even having to pay any State Income in Taxes now etc...

=)
    Motorcyclists are voters to and don't like helmet laws. Helmet laws are easily enacted in states with not that many motorcyclists but politicians have to pay attention to them in states with a lot of motorcyclists. Helmets have their own problems like restricted vision and lack of hearing what is behind you.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Are you saying cannabis in it's natural form is differentiated from any other form such as edibles in Florida? It was before Desantis fixed it.
    Are you saying anyone can purchase edibles or tinctures without a medical marijuana card but other forms need no such card? That's what it sounds like from what you've written. No, stay off the sauce. Nobody could reasonably take that from what I wrote.

You then say owning a medical marijuana card can affect your ability to own a legal fire arm but that it doesn't infringe on your right to carry a concealed fire arm. Those two statements do not go together. Do you have a special fire arms branch that allows for conceal carry as long as the firearm is not registered? No. The concealed weapons carry license is state issued. The ability to legally purchase a firearm is federal. Marijuana (even Medical) illegal on a federal level. By having Medical Marijuana license, technically you are in violation of federal law (even if permitted in your state). This would preclude you from truthfully answering all of the questions on an application to purchase a firearm.

I doubt Floridians worry about smoke-able cannabis if they don't see the folly of allowing motorcyclists to ride without helmets No, it's called natural selection, which somehow you avoided.

Maybe you are unaware of the dangers of public gatherings during a worldwide pandemic. Most major league sports stadiums such as the MLB, NBA, NHL and most strikingly the massive European soccer facilities are empty during games. Not in Florida. We've figured how to do it safely.

The pandemic is by no means over and only the uneducated treat it as such. No, only the gullible sheep like you think we have to stay locked up inside and close down every business and school.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Remember I myself grew up in New Jersey the first 30 years of my life, and that is all that I knew. The last 12 or so year I have now lived in Florida here, and its very different from the State level perspective, New Jersey and Florida. New Jersey is probably a lot like where you are from and Canada very Liberal. Florida is actually the polar opposite and a Red very Right Leaning Conservative State. Jersey and Florida are opposites. Jersey just went recreational as your talking actually (like Canada now..) Florida its way over Regulated and Taxed (Conservative) here. So while I 100% agree with you and think on the whole we should just make Marijuana recreational once and for all. Its literally no big deal in a few years, no onw would even care or notice. Just as is everywhere, no smoking in Public so do it respectfully. Which is how most all do it anyway, so its a big waste of money and effort really. What you left out that is very very attractive about Florida being your home State here in the U.S, so Floridians we don't pay that extra5-9% or whatever your State Tax is in Florida. So and I know now, I think what I realized about Florida is this.........

People do what I now call "Donald Trump it", which what I mean by that is this. You make your millions and get rich elsewhere, then when you are older as most people seem to do. They 'Retire' and move down here to Florida then. They got rich elsewhere, and then became a Floridian for the weather, beach's, bots, and of course no State-Income Tax, so very big Tax benefits. And in your older years, when your earning Years are behind you, im sure you are then gonna be counting pennies or watching them then. Florida does have very absurd Laws and rules which make absolutely no sense. Not even from a Scientific standpoint. Like here in Florida we have a Massive motorcycle population (weather/Sun), big Daytona Beach is here. And for absolutely not one reason that makes sense it is NOT a Law in Florida to have to wear a helmet when on a motorcycle. New Jersey with a very small Motorcycle Population, and Winters (lol) has a Law that makes you were a helmet. So there really are some ass-backwards Laws in Florida, and some of its not even worth caring or bothering with lol...

That is how I see Florida myself after ~12 years now, people get RICH (Trump) elsewhere, and then they come down here to Florida to 'Retire' and have fun in the Sun while also having the very big benefit of not even having to pay any State Income in Taxes now etc...

=)
    Motorcyclists are voters to and don't like helmet laws. Helmet laws are easily enacted in states with not that many motorcyclists but politicians have to pay attention to them in states with a lot of motorcyclists. Helmets have their own problems like restricted vision and lack of hearing what is behind you.
    O.k. and I don't mind you and the other newbs, as others seem to here now. But honestly, sometimes you just have to use a little common sense. Do you know how much extra money the State pays and loses when a non helmet wearing Motorcycle rider is hurt.

It's often times not good on the brain, and if you survive most aren't ever the same again. It's my humble opinion that we as a Society, can and should be implementing some Laws. That are for the betterment of us all as a whole. No one wants to be paying life support for a year for a person not wearing a motorcycle helmet, that is probably borderline brain dead anyway if they even survived.

It is messed up, and sad to think about it all from that perspective. But that is the reality of it all. Then if your not wearing a helmet which should be law, imo fuck you then. Often times peoe deserved it to some extent then.

And so Society as a whole shouldn not be supporting your survival at that point maybe, when you didn't even seem to care yourself....

Comments

mickeycrimm: Helmets CAUSE accidents
    Last edited by garrett; 02-27-2021 at 09:02 AM.

Load Metric

=)
    O.k. and I don't mind you and the other newbs, as others seem to here now. But honestly, sometimes you just have to use a little common sense. Do you know how much extra money the State pays and loses when a non helmet wearing Motorcycle rider is hurt.

It's often times not good on the brain, and if you survive most aren't ever the same again. It's my humble opinion that we as a Society, can and should be implementing some Laws. That are for the betterment of us all as a whole. No one wants to be paying life support for a year for a person not wearing a motorcycle helmet, that is probably borderline brain dead anyway if they even survived.

It is messed up, and sad to think about it all from that perspective. But that is the reality of it all. Then if your not wearing a helmet which should be law, imo fuck you then. Often times peoe deserved it to some extent then.

And so Society as a whole shouldn not be supporting your survival at that point maybe, when you didn't even seem to care yourself....
    Your comments about the motorcycle helmets are fair. But, personally, I feel if someone is to damn stupid to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle then let Natural Selection take place. Call me cruel and uncaring if you want. That's a fair assessment. But, that's the way I feel.

Load Metric

Exclamation

=)

Your comments about the motorcycle helmets are fair. But, personally, "I feel if someone is to damn stupid to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle then let Natural Selection take place. Call me cruel and uncaring if you want. That's a fair assessment. But, that's the way I feel.
    SO WRONG THIS ALL

'natural selection' as your trying to call it here doesnt happen normally to most at all This is just pure stupidity and Naivety, just say it like it is. And why should people and society pay, for someone who didn't care about their own well being, to a certain extent.

We don't have to be selective of people. But that does notnkwanwe have to be just., Naively stupid either sit. Their is a very, big difference between them two you know.....
    Last edited by garrett; 02-27-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Load Metric

=)

Your comments about the motorcycle helmets are fair. But, personally, I feel if someone is to damn stupid to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle then let Natural Selection take place. Call me cruel and uncaring if you want. That's a fair assessment. But, that's the way I feel.
    In the 1980's I bartended in a biker bar called the Gold Rush Saloon in White Center, Washington. Patch wearing bikers drank in the place. Washington had a helmet law so they were forced to wear them....but it was a consensus among them that helmets cause accidents.

Load Metric

Your comments about the motorcycle helmets are fair. But, personally, "I feel if someone is to damn stupid to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle then let Natural Selection take place. Call me cruel and uncaring if you want. That's a fair assessment. But, that's the way I feel.
    SO WRONG THIS ALL

'natural selection' as your trying to call it here doesnt happen normally to most at all This is just pure stupidity and Naivety, just say it like it is. And why should people and society pay, for someone who didn't care about their own well being, to a certain extent.

We don't have to be selective of people. But that does notnkwanwe have to be just., Naively stupid either sit. Their is a very, big difference between them two you know.....
    I don't believe that we should've a Nanny State, running every aspect of our lives. There's an old saying...YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID... If people are too stupid to wear a helmet, well then they kind of deserve what they get, that's all. Call me cold. I probably deserve that.

Load Metric
    And while I understand both of your standpoints here and seems like we do kind of agree, that no helmet Laws should not end up being a Missive burden (Financially) to Society, if we can help it...

And so being a Floridian myself now about 12 years and honestly over that time I do well, untill last year. I used to go to Daytona Beach lots and bars, the Poker room. Just sort of 'hang out' with these people in some ways who are generally "Bikers". It's a big thing here in Florida, a 'Lifestyle' of sorts actually. And I get how at their core, those people dont like Police telling them what to do. Or wear a Helmet or not. But fine at that point, if it was just a Law then you enable those people to be reprimanded and/or summonsed at the least. And in the future, or moving forward I just think Ceteris-Paribus (All other things being equal). It just makes no sense to have to burden Society (Financially) with the care and Life support that it takes to keep that person alive, if not for years too.

So I am torn on this one a little too actually also. I'm not at all a big more Police is good kind of person either. But at the end of the day, some things just need a little Common Sense in the approach, like in Florida when your Motorcycling you should be wearing a helmet, unquestionably.
    Last edited by garrett; 02-28-2021 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Ceteris-Paribus =)...

Load Metric

SO WRONG THIS ALL

I don't believe that we should've a Nanny State, running every aspect of our lives. There's an old saying...YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID... If people are too stupid to wear a helmet, well then they kind of deserve what they get, that's all. Call me cold. I probably deserve that.
    The biker whose head is cracked open because he was too stupid to wear a helmet isn’t the only one affected the event. The insurance company, the healthcare system, as well as the first responder system, usually bear additional costs and burdens when motorcycle accident injuries are exascerbated by the rider not having worn a helmet.

If, though, the excess costs of such an injury could be isolated to only the idiot who didn’t wear a helmet, such as if a motorcycle helmet law that prohibited any medical health care related to such accidents being paid by the government or insurance companies, and no emergency health services being provided to such idiots by the government, as well the agencies that normally provide such services being legally immunized against lawsuits for negligence or malpractice, then your hypothetical scenario of only the helmetless idiot bearing the cost of his stupidity would possibly make sense.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I wish there was a way to bet against DeSantis 2024, as I find that virtually impossible to happen. To take the other side in some way that didn’t require sitting around for 4 years.

If he has extraordinary patience, you can make an an argument for DeSantis in 28 or 36 as he’s young enough.

I can’t see how DeSantis 2024 can be a thing unless Trump has zero political ambition left and none of his children do. That feels very unlikely.

Add DeSantis to the pile of biggest beneficiaries if Trump happens to drop dead. Any DeSantis 2024 bet is almost a Trump death/prison hedge.

DeSantis base is from the Facebook Tea Party world.

He’s going to emerge from Covid looking decent, and that his decisions weren’t horrible in comparison, and from a big picture if you aren’t familiar with him, you’d think he could be an alternative. Never happening this next cycle.

Problem is his entire base, particularly on the state level wants 2024 Trump, not DeSantis 2024. There isn’t any way to extricate yourself from that.

I’d like his chances if he were the governor of AZ or NM and could just throw some nice words his way every once in awhile and be detached and seen as running your state.

Being the governor of the state Trump resides in, that’s impossible. Every dumb thing Trump says or does, he’ll be the first person the media run to and asks for comment. Horrible spot. No ability to lie in the weeds. Especially now where he’s the chalk outside Trump and Haley. It isn’t like the left doesn’t know his resume and that he could be viable.

He’s been in lockstep 100% policy-wise.

So he’s going to have to bide his time. One word of dissent and Trump will destroy him and run Ivanka or someone against him who will finish him.

He’s got to be smart and aware of all of this. If Trump so much as announces he’s running, he can’t even chance running himself. The first debate would end his career. He’d become Tricky Ricky or whatever Trump labeled him and game over.

To be honest, with the way Trump is wired, the last thing you want is any DeSantis 2024 talk now if you want to eventually win it all some day.

Trump starts hearing that on the local news every night instead of Trump, he’ll take you out after a bad day on the golf course.

Pence was the perfect VP up until the last month. He’s never going to outshine you. You don’t want to ever outshine a narcissist. If I was Nikki Haley I’m having reporters friendly to me writing articles about how Trump is a New Yorker and old news and DeSantis is Florida’s favorite son and the future. Couple of those and have them put DeSantis approval ratings next to Trumps in every article and it’s on.

The second you actually sincerely mentioned Trumps retarded children as actually having a chance (Poll wise at least), like WOW your lost....

Trump's kids are only even a mention because their dad is now ex-President, and the biggest name in the GOP. Aside from all that delusional non-sense talk, Ron DeSantis is a real legitimate contender moving forward in the GOP for sure. LOL Trumps, anyway let's be a little more serious now. That is delusional and moronic to even think is seriously possible. No one but the Base, and Conservative core, would actually care to vote for one of Trumps kids now. Wow you are lost in this sense, Trumps' done. And actually he is a very big Personal Friend of DeSantis too and now a Floridian. Where of course DeSantis is currently the Governor Florida. Which is also the 3rd Largest State in the Country. DeSantis is a real deal contender moving forward buddy=)...

And I don't know anything of course anyone else does, but im not quite sure Trumpy will rule out a Presidential run in the next year or two. And actually he may get behind Ron DeSantis. And DeSantis does check all of the necessary boxes. Ivy League Educated, Decorated Military Veteran, DeSantis literally checks all of the boxes my friend, you being an Ohioan just seem to not understand clearly how moving forward Ron DeSantis is a treal deal in the GOP now. And i'll just say this I think for the betterment of the GOP, Trump may fold. And if he passes on 2024, I fully wholeheartedly expect Donald Trump to get behind Ron DeSantis. So then the GOP is on board with Ron DeSantis for sure...

Its coming, will he win Presidential election I don't know But im telling you Ron DeSantis is the young and upcomer in the GOP for real and he does check all of the necessary boxes too. LOL that you actually are implying that Trumps kids (LOL fk outta here) have any legitimate chance. Trumps done, and so is his entire family dude, deal with that now please...
    Last edited by garrett; 02-28-2021 at 05:20 AM.

Load Metric
    And because this article seems to explain why I feel the way I do (Reality buddy..)
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...da-poll-470892

"DeSantis crushes Rubio, Scott in Florida GOP poll" (3rd Largest State in the U.S.)
    "In order to run for president, you need to have your home state, you need your home base. And DeSantis clearly has that” (3rd Largest in U.S.)

Maybe I'll get him on PFA ;-). I kid obviously, but im telling you all this now. I don't think Trump runs in 2024 (too old now). And he will get behind Ron DeSantis too. Just give it a couple years you'll see also. This I found interesting since Florida is also the 3rd largest State in the U.S. DeSantis if/when Trump gets behind him, and I suspect that is going to happen its game over then.

DeSantis vs. Biden in 2024 =)...
    Last edited by garrett; 02-28-2021 at 06:21 AM.

Load Metric
    DeSantis showed up in the polling at the CPAC this weekend in Poll that didn't include Trump for 2024, here was the results....

#CPAC2021 poll w/o Trump

Ron DeSantis: 43%
    Kristi Noem: 11%
    Don Jr: 8%
    Mike Pompeo: 7%
    Ted Cruz: 7%
    Tucker Carlson: 3%
    Josh Hawley: 3%
    Nikki Haley: 3%
    Ivanka: 3%
    Rand Paul: 2%

LOL at the person yesterday implying Trumps kids would actually have a chance in 2024, they polled at only 3% and 8%

DeSantis ran away it seems within the Republican Party here..

Load Metric
    And while I understand both of your standpoints here and seems like we do kind of agree, that no helmet Laws should not end up being a Missive burden (Financially) to Society, if we can help it...

And so being a Floridian myself now about 12 years and honestly over that time I do well, untill last year. I used to go to Daytona Beach lots and bars, the Poker room. Just sort of 'hang out' with these people in some ways who are generally "Bikers". It's a big thing here in Florida, a 'Lifestyle' of sorts actually. And I get how at their core, those people dont like Police telling them what to do. Or wear a Helmet or not. But fine at that point, if it was just a Law then you enable those people to be reprimanded and/or summonsed at the least. And in the future, or moving forward I just think Ceteris-Paribus (All other things being equal). It just makes no sense to have to burden Society (Financially) with the care and Life support that it takes to keep that person alive, if not for years too.

So I am torn on this one a little too actually also. I'm not at all a big more Police is good kind of person either. But at the end of the day, some things just need a little Common Sense in the approach, like in Florida when your Motorcycling you should be wearing a helmet, unquestionably.
    Does anyone have any stats on head injuries by those driving cars? It would seem to me that statistically,because far more people drive cars, there would be more head injuries to car drivers than motorcycle riders. The hard core bikers call cars "cages." Why should those that drive cages be exempt from wearing helmets?

Load Metric
    DeSantis showed up in the polling at the CPAC this weekend in Poll that didn't include Trump for 2024, here was the results....

#CPAC2021 poll w/o Trump

LOL at the person yesterday implying Trumps kids would actually have a chance in 2024, they polled at only 3% and 8%

I'll see what kind of shape Trump is in physically and mentally in 2024. I don't want another senile old derelict on his last leg as president like we have right now.

And you won't be LOL at the Trump kids if daddy throws his money behind them.

Load Metric

#CPAC2021 poll w/o Trump

I'll see what kind of shape Trump is in physically and mentally in 2024. I don't want another senile old derelict on his last leg as president like we have right now.

Point blank, his kids now carry his Political baggage always.

If you think, and before mention America absolutely and clearly was not Behind Donald Trump, he got demolished vote wise. And it wasn't even overly marginal anywhere unexpected. If you think America Actually will, and wants to get behind one of Donald Trumps kid's, I have a bridge to sell you =)....

Politically you are actually now 'damaged goods' , from an expected to be voted in, across the Nation perspective. The GOP isn't stupid, if they can go a different direction they are going to. And DeSantis seems to make a lot of sense, and come election day Florida here is a Massive Swing State worth lots of electoral College votes. Which is hard and probably cant be made up elsewhere. Point Blank Florida does actually matter come election day and is the #1 'swing' State in the United States sir.

They know this, and surely will factor it all into every decision they make too, long-run especially.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Going to be a little thoughtful about what I post as to not disclose too much personal info.

Yes, it is highly likely that Desantis becomes the first person I know personally to run for the presidency. Have known him for over half of my life. Know his wife, and were in pretty close contact up until his run for Governor. We were actually planning a trip before he announced his run. Now my "access" to him is through mutual friends that he keeps in his inner circle. We have very differing political points of view, although back when I was around him daily, I don't remember politics being a thing he talked much about, but I also know his father was a Gingrich operative which probably shapes his views, and is also how he was able to tap into some of the heavier hitters for fundraising during his congressional run.

I've kept up generally (news and the friends that work with him) on how he has been governing and before COVID the general consensus was that he was doing a decent job and wasn't super partisan (he was to get elected). I was initially shocked by how he handled COVID early on, but also was told the rationale for some of the more controversial decisions - like not shutting the beaches during spring break - and I do think they were more thoughtful about things than the media was giving credit for.

He is obviously a very smart guy - you don't go Yale/Harvard without being somewhat smart. And he served his country which I have respect for. I didn't realize it at the time, but looking back, I think there was a long game here and the last time I had dinner with him prior to his congressional run, I had no idea what he was about to do...he had just written his book, and clearly this path was the plan.

Im pretty sure he doesn't have any big surprises...but the time period that I was around him often, was a time period that guys do a lot of dumb things that they regret later. Was before we really had cell phones, so probably not much documentation...but there are definitely things said/done that any major political candidate wouldn't love to have out there. I'm not going to leak anything, but I'd be curious to see if particular things come out if he really makes it too the big show...

Comments

garrett: phenomenal =).....

Cerveza Fria: We all have done things in our youth that we wish would stay in the past. I'm just lucky it was before cell phones cameras existed

Load Metric

Point blank, his kids now carry his Political baggage always.

If you think, and before mention America absolutely and clearly was not Behind Donald Trump, he got demolished vote wise. And it wasn't even overly marginal anywhere unexpected. If you think America Actually will, and wants to get behind one of Donald Trumps kid's, I have a bridge to sell you =)....

Politically you are actually now 'damaged goods' , from an expected to be voted in, across the Nation perspective. The GOP isn't stupid, if they can go a different direction they are going to. And DeSantis seems to make a lot of sense, and come election day Florida here is a Massive Swing State worth lots of electoral College votes. Which is hard and probably cant be made up elsewhere. Point Blank Florida does actually matter come election day and is the #1 'swing' State in the United States sir.

They know this, and surely will factor it all into every decision they make too, long-run especially.
    Trump wiped out Jeb Bush in Florida, knucklehead. DeSantis is a Trump clone. For some reason you think the GOP is the old guard neo-cons. GTFO. Trumpers run the party now. We flat out don't trust the neo-cons as much as we flat out don't trust the libtards. Without the Trumpers the neo-cons can't get 15% of the vote. And without the mail-in vote you libtard bigots are in deep shit. Now get back to work on cancelling Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Your wishful thinking about Trump being out of the picture is just that, wishful thinking. Only an idiot thinks the guy that got 75 million votes is out of the picture in the Republican Party.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 03-01-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Thread Information