Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: “Ron DeSantis is the future of the Republican Party,” Fox News commentator Lisa Boothe wrote in a recent tweet.

Load Metric
    https://www.outkick.com/florida-and-...made-no-sense/

Great article about how DeSantis absolutely demolished covid and Sloppy Joe's Andrew Cuomo totally shit his pants and bed while also sexually assaulting women while receiving a bullshit Emmy award by the MSM

ROFL team pedophile

Comments

splitthis:

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

As it's played out, he actually looks fairly good regarding COVID. Things have changed since last year, when Cuomo was the media hero and DeSantis was the villain.

DeSantis actually did a lot of things correctly regarding COVID, which a lot of blue state governors didn't:

- Resisted shutting down outdoor dining and activities. (Remember the embarrassing incidents in California where the police were arresting surfers?)

- Did the opposite of Cuomo, and established "COVID-only nursing homes", where certain nursing homes were set up to only house COVID-positive patients, and the rest could not take people with COVID.

- Kept schools open longer and reopened sooner, which looks like the correct decision based upon the science, especially for students from poorer families, who are suffering the most.

- Has a lower COVID deaths-per-million average than the rest of the US, despite having the second-highest percentage of seniors in the population (only behind Maine, which is a small, sparsely-populated state).

- Rejected the CDC "racial equity" nonsense in determining COVID vaccine distribution procedures, and made it age-based. Other states, including blue ones, have since come around to admitting that distributing the vaccine based upon age is the best practice. It should also be noted that other first-world countries are doing it a similar way to Florida, and aren't considering "racial equity" or other social factors when prioritizing vaccine distribution. DeSantis had this correct from the start.

But yeah, DeSantis has been horrible on COVID because CNN told Sloopy Joe that's the case. Oh, and Cuomo deserves an Emmy.
    Yeah whatabout Cuomo.

Fucking moron.
    What do you know about Florida you dork? Everything is open and operating normally in Florida. There is no problem at all with Coronavirus near here. There is a bar and restaurant right next to my house and it is extremely crowded 7 days a week. Nobody wears a mask. There are no issues. My neighbors who have young kids own it, and I am so happy for them that Florida did not ruin their families financial future by shutting down their business.

Ron De Santis may not be the most polished politician but you are ignoring reality if you think he handled Corona poorly. He basically handled it as well as anybody could have and much better than many others running big states. There’s a reason everybody from NY moved to Florida. DWEEB!

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric
    What BCR said is basically correct.

No point to try to anger Trump and have people turn against him. DeSantis is 6 1/2 years YOUNGER than me. He has a shitload of time. If he ran in 2056 (!!), he'd be the same age as Biden was in 2020!

It's possible he has a future as a Presidential nominee, but I don't think in '24.
    Also I'm pretty sure it won't hinge on cannabis policy.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    What BCR said is basically correct.

No point to try to anger Trump and have people turn against him. DeSantis is 6 1/2 years YOUNGER than me. He has a shitload of time. If he ran in 2056 (!!), he'd be the same age as Biden was in 2020!

It's possible he has a future as a Presidential nominee, but I don't think in '24.
    eh don't count on it.....

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/poli...318-story.html

"Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signs smokable medical marijuana bill into law"

He has the Pro Marijuana people here in Florida actually =)

The right side of that issue. That being greatly beneficial to DeSantis there. DeSantis has come out of this whole Cannibus thing as a sort of winner. You weren't allowed to actually smoke Marijuana when Medically Carded in Florida, but DeSantis has changed that now. So he has won over the Legalization people, and Pro Marijuana people here in Florida.

This is an area that to me I think he is more Center and Moderate I guess. He is not at all just a Far-Right Leaning Republican. He really is Moderate in areas, like that's one he has taken that over regulations off of the Cannibus here in Florida since becoming the Governor in Florida. He is Middle of the road in some ways, and Moderate. And in that sense exactly is why I think, o.k. this guy might be a real contender if he ever wants to, or gets that opportunity.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

The right side of that issue. That being greatly beneficial to DeSantis there. DeSantis has come out of this whole Cannibus thing as a sort of winner. You weren't allowed to actually smoke Marijuana when Medically Carded in Florida, but DeSantis has changed that now. So he has won over the Legalization people, and Pro Marijuana people here in Florida.

This is an area that to me I think he is more Center and Moderate I guess. He is not at all just a Far-Right Leaning Republican. He really is Moderate in areas, like that's one he has taken that over regulations off of the Cannibus here in Florida since becoming the Governor in Florida. He is Middle of the road in some ways, and Moderate. And in that sense exactly is why I think, o.k. this guy might be a real contender if he ever wants to, or gets that opportunity.
    You weren't allowed to smoke even with a medical card? What was the card for? Guy must be brilliant to notice that one.

You've got open carry gun laws out the yin yang, tigers in the back yard, serious fresh water problems and a huge voting block of aging bikers who get their way. If drugs are rampant in any city it is and has been Miami

Comments

garrett: right you could not smoke marijuana only get thc other ways in florida, DeSantis changed that now smoking is allowed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

You weren't allowed to smoke even with a medical card? What was the card for? Guy must be brilliant to notice that one. A smart politician

You've got open carry gun laws out the yin yang, tigers in the back yard, serious fresh water problems and a huge voting block of aging bikers who get their way. If drugs are rampant in any city it is and has been Miami [Knock us all you want, but people are moving here every day to escape from their shitty hell holes run by Libtard politicians.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

You weren't allowed to smoke even with a medical card? What was the card for? Guy must be brilliant to notice that one. A smart politician

You've got open carry gun laws out the yin yang, tigers in the back yard, serious fresh water problems and a huge voting block of aging bikers who get their way. If drugs are rampant in any city it is and has been Miami [Knock us all you want, but people are moving here every day to escape from their shitty hell holes run by Libtard politicians.
    Everything other than smokable bud was allowed until that

Gummies, Topicals, Lotions, Vape cartridge's, there's a lot. Beyond just the smokables form of marijuana. But until that last year, from DeSantis Florida was kinda doing the whole super right leaning extra Red State thing, and over regulating (TAXES) the whole Marijuana Sector in general here. They do a lot more then that now. But last year DeSantis made smoking mj allowed now. And if he was a more right leaning Conservative, or trying to be. He wouldn't have really gone there I dont think. On an issue that isnt the most detrimental to someone's campaign. If anything this helps imo, here won over the pro marijuana Florida people a little with that one for sure.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Everything other than smokable bud was allowed until that

Gummies, Topicals, Lotions, Vape cartridge's, there's a lot. Beyond just the smokables form of marijuana. But until that last year, from DeSantis Florida was kinda doing the whole super right leaning extra Red State thing, and over regulating (TAXES) the whole Marijuana Sector in general here. They do a lot more then that now. But last year DeSantis made smoking mj allowed now. And if he was a more right leaning Conservative, or trying to be. He wouldn't have really gone there I dont think. On an issue that isnt the most detrimental to someone's campaign. If anything this helps imo, here won over the pro marijuana Florida people a little with that one for sure.

Did you know a chapter of the Hell’s Angels in Florida is credited with making and serving the first pot brownies at one of their monthly funerals? Land of the free base. So proud to be free but those bad politicians say they can’t smoke unless they are in an open carry no helmet raid.

Thread Information