I recently had another death in my family. I am now the heir and sole beneficiary of my grandmothers estate. My issue is this is close to 1000 miles from me. So I will be tasked with following probate process. I’ll need to go through the home for family heirlooms and misc items. But otherwise I need to dispose of the daily mundane stuff (example 42” plasma tv. Sure it works fine but not worth hauling home and I don’t have time or ability to sell locally). Fridge, table, beds, the list goes on. Do I try to have an estate sale? Or just use this service: https://www.junkluggers.com/estate-cleanouts.html ?

I’ve also never been through the process. Do I hire a lawyer or is it a waste of money? Transferring mail, acquiring bank accounts, paying utility bills, getting the house appraised/sold etc are all things to handle. All during Covid as well. Just a pain in the ass.

My grandma is why I play poker though. I remember huge games in her basement every weekend during summer visits. And I mean like $10,000 changing hands back in the 80s. My grandma had stories about arrests and robberies etc.

Any advice, input, ideas etc greatly appreciated. Should I get cameras installed to monitor? Or is that pointless? So many things........