Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Commoditizing Illicit Street Drugs

Load Metric
    Yeah, i made a dumb post, then tried to disingenuously argue my way out of it. I knew it was dumb as I was defending it but I gave it a shot anyway. Sorry about that, I wasted both of our time.

Comments

WillieMcFML: still PFA's best

Load Metric
    Shut your gimmick down what an idiot
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Yeah, i made a dumb post, then tried to disingenuously argue my way out of it. I knew it was dumb as I was defending it but I gave it a shot anyway. Sorry about that, I wasted both of our time.
    Ok. I was mostly interested why you thought that was an easy thing to google. You quoted me in context and then commented it out of context. My guess was you just missed the first line of text and quoted the whole thing out of habit. Seemed off brand.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: I honestly have no good reason for why I did that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I figured you where high........again

Comments

Crowe Diddly: No, I was drinking my morning tea, and still lashed out for no reason. I'm not particularly antagonistic when I'm high, or drunk, I'm generally angry when facing reality without substance-assist.

Load Metric
    George Floyd died of a fentanyl overdose, eh gimmick?

Load Metric
    Lol gimmick is soooooo dumb.

Drugs safe under controlled circumstances lol. Problem with addiction is things are never under control.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    George Floyd died of a fentanyl overdose, eh gimmick?
    I don't know or care.

Load Metric
    Regarding our totally real nurse she appears to have a very lacking knowledge about basic/common medical care.

Addiction also appears to exist right now when drugs are illegal. I do think everyone should be given help towards sobriety, even if it makes them insufferable cunts.

Comments

splitthis: Total idiot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Regarding our totally real nurse she appears to have a very lacking knowledge about basic/common medical care.

Addiction also appears to exist right now when drugs are illegal. I do think everyone should be given help towards sobriety, even if it makes them insufferable cunts.
    Legal drug addiction will be worse than now because people associate legal with good. You must be the worse closet drug addict.

Comments

garrett: LoL I don't think I ever actually noticed gimmick until this whole viewpoint think lmao...

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Legal drug addiction will be worse than now because people associate legal with good. You must be the worse closet drug addict.
    You can think how much you trust your bartender or clerk at the liqueur store to answer that. There's a huge difference between that and how much they trust doctors.

I wrote more about the whole issue why it's very problematic that doctors are allowed to accept "gifts" from drug companies five years ago. With Purdue they were incentivized to overprescribe Oxycontin. It also ties in to your medical insurance model. Pills for a while were prioritized over expensive tests and procedures.

It didn't help that war on drugs brought that whole illegal bad, legal good mind set. It's about as true as chemicals bad, natural good mind set. There are hundreds of completely organic plants that will kill you just the same. Some of them quite delicious if prepared right. Mostly mushrooms in Northern Hemisphere.

Load Metric
    More words from 2016...

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post558995

Ok let's play with prescription pain pill abuse if you really want to and can't put in any work to understand it. I'll do it for you once again. This isn't an isolated bubble that is completely separated from society. This isn't anything new. Pharmaceuticals have always been feeding the same demand that illicit drugs do. Heroin and amphetamine both started of as pharmaceuticals before their clandestine production. The drugs that have stood the test of time have done so because they do what they're supposed to do while being relatively safe from quite a few aspects.

One of the side effects of a variety of scare programs that demonize illicit drugs is that it leads to the notion that if a doctor describes drugs to a patient then it's perfectly safe to use and there's no risk of addiction. I mean, if it was anything else, then clearly it would be an illicit drug sold by some shady dealer. Silly part in this particular epidemic is that street junkies are somehow more informed than the soccer moms that are now dying. In one form or another street junkies are aware of things like drug interactions, synergy and tolerance. Soccer moms are aware that drugs are bad.

Anyway this particular epidemic started in the 90's. Big pharma came up with new super safe non addictive semi-synthetic opioids, that were to replace previous generations of opioids, since making money out of outdated patents just isn't comparable to profits from new shit. The pitch btw was the same as it was with heroin. General claim that was touted was that less than 1% of long term users got addicted, based on a conclusive study of 38 patients.

In 1996 Purdue Pharma started pushing OxyContin. They gave doctors 34000 coupons for free Oxycontin prescriptions, branded stuffed toys and coffee mugs and aggressively promoted the idea that Oxycontin was both safe and highly effective. Drug reps insisted to family-doctors that this new wonder drug had no real risks, only benefits. The end result was a good number of new addicts and in 2007 Purdue pleaded guilty to criminal charges that it misled regulators, doctors, and patients about OxyContin's addictive qualities. The bed was shat.

Now here is a short list of things that i don't think are a good idea in general: Marketing opioids, handing out free opiods, lying to the public by demonizing one product while praising a similar product and aggressive pushing opioids while wearing a white jacket from a position of medical authority. I think all of those are irresponsible as fuck and should never be allowed in any form of legislation.

The current overdose deaths are about 50/50 semisyntethics and clandestine heroin/fentanyl. Fentanyl and it's cousins have been problematic since the 80's. It's cheap to make so it's often sold as heroin in the black market. It's more toxic than heroin so it's much easier to fuck up the amounts. Currently it's sold mostly in pill form that mimic's "legal" fentanyl. Once again when prepared in a clandestine laboratory the amounts are easy to fuck up. For the purposes of killing rats fentanyl requires 5 times smaller doses than strychnine or arsenic. When prepared for the black market it's usually mixed with fillers and binders in a cement mixer. The precision apparently isn't quite there, but because it's in pill form the users think it's perfectly safe to use.

The current influx of black market heroin is feeding the demand that big pharma created with heavy marketing. The supply comes partly from Columbia. When USA started focusing on eradicating coca fields, poppy fields came to replace them. Same plot was making more money and getting less attention.

Oh and about a third of all overdose deaths come from mixing opiates with benzos and alcohol. If you intend to stop breathing, that's a good way to go. What could possibly go wrong when you mix 3 "legal" products. In an environment where everything that's bad for you is illegal obv everything that's legal is safe, right? Why bother informing the public when "just say no" works just as well.

Load Metric
    After that Fentanyl took the top spot with all illegal opioids. It was used to make counterfeit pills of every "legal" opioid, spike heroin and found it's way to other drug groups. Counterfeit Xanax being the best known.

Another stupid trend from the last 10 years was the rise on "Lean". Codeine based cough syrup. It used to be a mostly southern thing. It was cheap, easy to get and semi legal in the 90s. From 2010 it was expensive, hard to get and just as illegal as other opiates. After Fentanyl it also became a prime target for counterfeiting.

Comments

garrett: this guys pretty smart lol, knows his shit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Legal drug addiction already exists. The amount of (hard) medications prescribed yearly is staggering and responsible for more deaths than all illicit drugs, so I've heard. Drug addiction is not a choice. Nobody hopes to become a drug addict. It's awful.

The pain and suffering related to drug addiction affects everyone to some degree.

When you make something illegal you spawn a market for those that have no fear of the consequences.
    The list is long. Providing a responsible safe market won't solve addiction but it will reduce the competition and it's baggage

Thread Information