Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods in serious car accident

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Some at another board and suggesting suicide. I don’t know Woods well, but giving him the benefit of the doubt here and thinking No or hope not.
    I don't think so. Plenty of cliffs in the area if he wants to do that.

I knew two guys who drove off those cliffs intentionally in the 80s. One was an acquaintance at school who I didn't know all that well, but we knew of each other. I did know his best friend very well. The guy told his friend he was going to drive off a cliff, and his friend thought he was joking. Brutal. I felt so bad for the friend.

The other person to have driven off the cliffs was a friend I made off BBSes in the late 80s. That guy lived in the next town over, and we kinda lost touch for about a year. Then I'm reading the local paper about a "local teenager" killing himself by driving over the cliff, and I couldn't believe who it was. Pretty shocking.

Anyway, crossing the road with no cars on the other side and ending up on an uphill embankment isn't exactly a ticket to sure death.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Some at another board and suggesting suicide. I don’t know Woods well, but giving him the benefit of the doubt here and thinking No or hope not.
    I doubt it for the pragmatic reasons Druff said, but for all his troubles, I also think he’s most likely a fairly good dad by celebrity standards. I think he derives a lot of enjoyment from his children. He does strike me as the type who might kill himself if not for that. He’s certainly the living a double life type of guy that often does kill himself, so I can understand the speculation, but I doubt it.

Watching his young son play with him this last year during the lockdown-his swing, mannerisms, and even shit-talking and personality tell me he’s certainly his dads son. He’s not a momma’s boy.

He’s a little Tiger clone and I have almost no doubt he’s going to likely end up a decent pro. I see someone like Lebron’s kid play, and he has a shot to be a pro and is excellent, but he’s nowhere near his dad at the same age athletically. Not close, which isn’t shocking given he’s a once in a lifetime freak mixture of agility and athlete at his size.

He’s very good, but the NBA is so stratified to freak athleticism. You generally inherit stuff like your dads shot which explains a Steph or Klay, or in Lebrons kids case, he has great feel and vision, but in golf where it’s less dependent on stature and raw athleticism, I’m going to be shocked if Tigers son isn’t lifting trophies at some point. I’m actually a little surprised there aren’t more second generation pro kids thriving on tour, so maybe I’m missing something, but I’d bet on Tigers kid winning a Masters over Lebrons winning an MVP from what I’ve seen.

Load Metric
    Going 84-87 in a 45 MPH. https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...h-sheriff-says

Something feels off here; would guess relapse.

Never understood these tickets where an SUV gets going 40+ over the speed limit in a 45mph zone, like how could a sane person feel safe going that fast?

Highway sure but in a residential area with stop lights, etc?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    He was going 75 miles an hour when he hit the tree, dude is so lucky.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Never understood these tickets where an SUV gets going 40+ over the speed limit in a 45mph zone, like how could a sane person feel safe going that fast?

It does feel off. I was saying relapse this morning and I didn’t think he’d do that to his kids, but when I heard that speed coupled with not hitting brakes, I’m almost wondering if it was some last second aborted suicide attempt.

I just heard it on sports radio on way back from golf course, but haven’t read the report yet. I see fish’s comment he was still traveling at 75 when he hit a tree? I didn’t know he directly hit anything months ago when I looked at the diagram. Like maybe went through some brush. I remember a tree being there, and him going across lanes and ending up going uphill iirc, but didn’t know he directly hit anything.

They didn’t say that part on the radio. I asked my buddy if they said anything about a tox report and he said he didn’t hear anything about it.

Going directly into surgery right after the accident, clearly the hospital would have to do one. You couldn’t put a guy under for surgery without knowing exactly what’s in his system. Maybe the police didn’t compel the hospital to release it to them given he was the only one injured? Or they are keeping it quiet.

It seems rather polarized to nodded out from drugs or aborted suicide attempt. I can’t think of much other reason to be going that fast and not hit the brakes at all given I’m sure they’ve ruled out seizures and strokes and medical shit where I’ve seen that happen.

Too bad Druff wasn’t visiting his parents and taking a hike and get his pinky toe ran over as Tiger blazed by at 85 mph.

Our favorite sponsor Eric Bensamochan Esq. could have built them both ski chalets at Big Bear and summer homes in the Hamptons with that settlement. I would have rolled myself down the hill and broke my own arm to make it look more serious if Tiger clipped my foot at that speed.

What a story this would be had he hurt someone.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

And he's not going to get a ticket. Fucker should be fined a million for all the expenses he caused the cops, etc.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Fell asleep or drunk?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Fell asleep or drunk?
    Going 85 in a 45 mph hilly road not a good idea.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Fell asleep or drunk?
    Going 85 in a 45 mph hilly road not a good idea.
    Arrogance, selfishness and carelessness.

Load Metric
    Also the car he was driving had state of the art airbags which saved him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Also the car he was driving had state of the art airbags which saved him.
    What's state of the art about them? Are they filled with the queefs of virgins?

Load Metric
    ambien
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah 100% looks like a cover up.

He had back surgery 2 months ago. He had a major accident like that, was disoriented, and they didn't test him for drugs and alcohol? GTFO

Once again celebrities live under different rules than the rest of us.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I don't think it was a cover up and don't think he was on anything. I think he definitely had road rage, due to having his car be blocked in and waiting for some pa to move it making him late for Oprah. Maybe he was also sleep deprived. Road rage can lead to a lot of bad decision making.

If you catch yourself heading down the path to road rage the best thing you can do is to pull over to a safe location and wait, do breathing exercises or meditation until you calm down. You should never drive angry. Obviously Tiger could have asked someone else to drive him and have another person drive the car after if it was needed for the shoot with Oprah. But he was too pissed off to make a rational decision at that point. Honestly I'm not sure how anyone that rich wouldn't have a hired driver available whenever needed.

Tiger suffered a huge personal toll in the accident and since the tests didn't turn up anything drug or alcohol related I don't think he deserves any further punishment. Road rage is a hell of a drug on its own though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by matos View Post
    I don't think it was a cover up and don't think he was on anything. I think he definitely had road rage, due to having his car be blocked in and waiting for some pa to move it making him late for Oprah. Maybe he was also sleep deprived. Road rage can lead to a lot of bad decision making.

If you catch yourself heading down the path to road rage the best thing you can do is to pull over to a safe location and wait, do breathing exercises or meditation until you calm down. You should never drive angry. Obviously Tiger could have asked someone else to drive him and have another person drive the car after if it was needed for the shoot with Oprah. But he was too pissed off to make a rational decision at that point. Honestly I'm not sure how anyone that rich wouldn't have a hired driver available whenever needed.

Tiger suffered a huge personal toll in the accident and since the tests didn't turn up anything drug or alcohol related I don't think he deserves any further punishment. Road rage is a hell of a drug on its own though.
    I don't think there were tests! This is from the ESPN article:

Detectives did not seek search warrants for the athlete's blood samples, which could have been screened for drugs or alcohol, or his cellphone. Sheriff's officials said Woods told deputies that he had not ingested medication or alcohol before the crash.
    So it looks like he absolutely wasn't tested in any way. He was disoriented and couldn't remember what happened, yet they didn't test him for drugs or alcohol.

What?!

And as BCR said, they had all of that info right there from his medical records. They just chose not to get it. Looks like they just took him at his word.

I think it's about 100% if I had a similar crash, and acted disoriented after the accident, they would have forced me to submit to a blood test.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't think there were tests! This is from the ESPN article:

Detectives did not seek search warrants for the athlete's blood samples, which could have been screened for drugs or alcohol, or his cellphone. Sheriff's officials said Woods told deputies that he had not ingested medication or alcohol before the crash.
    So it looks like he absolutely wasn't tested in any way. He was disoriented and couldn't remember what happened, yet they didn't test him for drugs or alcohol.

What?!

And as BCR said, they had all of that info right there from his medical records. They just chose not to get it. Looks like they just took him at his word.

I think it's about 100% if I had a similar crash, and acted disoriented after the accident, they would have forced me to submit to a blood test.

Villanueva reiterated Woods, 45, showed no signs of impairment from either drugs or alcohol. Police who responded to the scene did not smell alcohol or find any sign of alcohol or drug use, Villanueva said, which meant police lacked probable cause to draw blood or call in a drug-recognition expert.

Acting disoriented after a major crash is not enough probable cause. You know there are like actual laws they must follow right?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

Load Metric
    I don't think he had anything in his system just reckless driving at unsafe speeds. Cop that was first on the scene said woods was totally coherent. I don't think woods takes drugs or that this lead to his crashing. They should have done a blood test though. They found a pill bottle uh oz
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 04-09-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Load Metric

Comments

jsearles22: Of course you read TMZ

Kuntmissioner: thanks for the link

Thread Information