Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods in serious car accident

Load Metric
    Druff now at site of Tiger Woods crash looking for wreckage.

It should sell for a lot of money on Ebay.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by call me ray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter
    Genesis is Hyundai...and Kias and Hyundai’s are still mostly shit. Anyone picking a Genesis over a BMW or Mercedes should have their head examined.
    Dude, in your case ignorance is no excuse, but it IS an explanation. You really need to educate yourself on the issue before spouting drivel. Here, look at the rave review from Car and Driver:

https://www.caranddriver.com/genesis/gv80

summary: Kia offers a quality car comparable to the Nazis but for a lot less money.

Savvy drivers not blinded by Badge Envy should look closely at Genesis.
    Local news here is reporting he was driving a Bentley Bentayga. But from the pics is undoubtedly does look like a GV80

Load Metric
    Tiger Woods reportedly almost smashed into TV director’s car before crash

https://nypost.com/2021/02/24/tiger-...-crash-report/

Tiger Woods was driving recklessly and deserved to crash his car.

A fitting end to his career.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    So, what are the odds that he plays another tournament? Has 5 dimes posted a number yet?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was told they shut down the road for the entire day, which is non-trivial because it's one of just two main roads coming into the main portions of Rancho Palos Verdes and Rolling Hills Estates.

One resident there told me, "They wouldn't have shut it down for this long if it was a non-celebrity."

True.

As I said, there have been numerous fatal accidents on that stretch of Hawthorne, and it's never been closed for that long. This one wasn't even fatal (or close to it), and it was shut down for like 10 hours.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    So, what are the odds that he plays another tournament? Has 5 dimes posted a number yet?
    Plays any PGA tournament the rest of his life? Or wins one? What are you asking to bet exactly? They’ll never post plays another tournament because the line would be -100000 yes
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Observations

The report of him almost hitting the tv producers car was overblown. The idiot had his car blocking Tiger in at the hotel and didn’t seem to be any remotely give a shit about moving it thinking he was Uber important.

Tiger wasn’t likely on drugs however tied to the first part he only was able to leave the hotel at 8am and had to be at the golf tournament at 830 for a photo shoot apparently and it’s at best a 45-60min drive there. He was clearly speeding however the videos TMZ posted don’t show a horribly rate of speed or driving wrecklessly but it’s only a small sample.

His golf career is clearly over now. He was recovering from another back surgery and the fact it was one level above his fusion doesn’t bode well. Secondly the reports indicate he pretty much destroyed his leg and foot below the knee in the wreck plus injuries to the other leg as well. With back issues already it will just likely cause a gait (the way you walk) as well as a stance issue for planting and turning to swing the club. Maybe he can somewhat compete on the Senior tour in a 5 years when he’s 50 possibly but he’s done on the PGA. Honestly he should focus on coaching his kids and such and enjoy what’s left of his life.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Plays any PGA tournament the rest of his life? Or wins one? What are you asking to bet exactly? They’ll never post plays another tournament because the line would be -100000 yes

You're right, I should clarify. At first I was thinking "Plays". But perhaps I should say "Makes the cut" in a tourney. Winning a tourney is probably never gonna happen, at least not on regular PGA tour.

Load Metric
    He'll be lucky if he can walk again.

You would think someone like Tiger Woods would have a driver and bodyguard with him 24/7.

The value of a Genesis Luxury SUV is going to plummet.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

You would think someone like Tiger Woods would have a driver and bodyguard with him 24/7.

Why? Seems like it saved his life.

Also, seems like he lucked out when the car was flipping that the top never hit the ground. The top of that vehicle has a huge sunroof and would have surely shattered and collapsed.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Why? Seems like it saved his life.

Also, seems like he lucked out when the car was flipping that the top never hit the ground. The top of that vehicle has a huge sunroof and would have surely shattered and collapsed.
    He also got very lucky that there was no oncoming traffic heading the other direction. Even at that early morning time of the day, he got lucky.

Load Metric
    I guess Tiger Woods can still do endorsements.

Drive like a Champ.

Load Metric
    Using cellphone may have been contributing factor. Serious surgery to both legs. Car actually may have saved his life with safety features.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Using cellphone may have been contributing factor. Serious surgery to both legs. Car actually may have saved his life with safety features.
    Should have actually had looking at cell phone while as my biggest pet peeve.

Legitimately infuriating and dangerous as hell.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by call me ray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter
    Genesis is Hyundai...and Kias and Hyundai’s are still mostly shit. Anyone picking a Genesis over a BMW or Mercedes should have their head examined.
    Dude, in your case ignorance is no excuse, but it IS an explanation. You really need to educate yourself on the issue before spouting drivel. Here, look at the rave review from Car and Driver:

https://www.caranddriver.com/genesis/gv80

summary: Kia offers a quality car comparable to the Nazis but for a lot less money.

Savvy drivers not blinded by Badge Envy should look closely at Genesis.
    I work in the car business on the actuarial side of pricing car warranties (no we don’t sell directly to the public) maybe the Genesis will turn out ok but since it’s a fancy Hyundai...I’m not buying it. I’m sure the initial quality is great, it’s the long term I’m worried about.

Spouting drivel, ha, you really have no idea what I know. You get your info from Car & Driver...great.

I get mine from millions of repair histories across all types of cars.
    Last edited by Texter; 02-24-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Load Metric
    Accident investigation report to be released tomorrow. 4/7.

Load Metric
    I’d guess he’s relapsed, but we might not ever know. When I saw he never hit the breaks once reported a few weeks ago, i thought he had to relapse.

Falling asleep is a possibility, but he had a documented near miss accident leaving his hotel with multiple witnesses and was running late.

I guess it’s possible he simply fell asleep, but I don’t tend to get tired at the wheel if I’m running late or agitated, both of which he pretty clearly was, which would make me think he nodded off in a medicated state. Obviously that’s reckless guessing on my part, which comes with the territory of being a celebrity, and we likely won’t know unless they actually release information. I imagine he has the pull to bury it.

It’s also possible he’s some expert driver who instinctively knew it was smarter to not hit the brakes once in trouble if he did fall asleep for a brief second, but I doubt it. Most people startle awake and just hit them reflexively once you’ve fucked up even on ice and snow where it’s a bad idea to hit brakes.

He’s very fortunate to not have killed himself or someone else looking at the crash report path. Kid has truly had nine lives and might want to find himself a hot Perkins waitress and finally settle down. He still looks like shit lately when I’ve seen him interviewed. More than back pain which I’m familiar with and have had bouts with. He has looked more like he pulled an all nighter and is pilled out the past few months in interviews pre-accident. My first thought was he’s living hard.

Load Metric
    Some at another board and suggesting suicide. I don’t know Woods well, but giving him the benefit of the doubt here and thinking No or hope not.

Thread Information