Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods in serious car accident

Load Metric
    He really should have used his driver. The road looked pretty straight were he went off.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    No idea how accurate...from friend of friend that doctors told his current girlfriend that there is a chance he never walks again.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: wow that would be sad

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaDump View Post
    No idea how accurate...from friend of friend that doctors told his current girlfriend that there is a chance he never walks again.
    Count on BPD to have a connection to the celebrity.

But yes I heard they are operating on his legs.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaDump View Post
    Meet the upcoming 15 years-in-a-row paralympics golf gold medalist, Tiger Woods.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    He really should have used his driver. The road looked pretty straight were he went off.
    Yeah, but see where it got Kobe with outsourced transportation?

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: yeah I was thinking about that also

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I just looked at the crash scene. It's a little bit weird. Looks like his car rolled UP a hill on the side of the road, on the southbound side.

The original tweet claims he was traveling northbound, which is downhill, and which makes more sense for losing control. However, it looks like he crossed the median and the car continued off the other side's road, and rolled up the hill before stopping.

Don't be fooled by the straight appearance. There are a number of small curves on the way down. It's on a moderate curve for most of the way. Look at the map.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sheriff scoring some free golf clubs.

Name:  BB9B2AD2-508B-484E-8E44-1F8D10B4CF9F.jpeg
Views: 412
Size:  2.83 MB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I just looked at the crash scene. It's a little bit weird. Looks like his car rolled UP a hill on the side of the road, on the southbound side.

The original tweet claims he was traveling northbound, which is downhill, and which makes more sense for losing control. However, it looks like he crossed the median and the car continued off the other side's road, and rolled up the hill before stopping.

Don't be fooled by the straight appearance. There are a number of small curves on the way down. It's on a moderate curve for most of the way. Look at the map.
    I was going to ask you how this was possible.

How steep is the incline if you were driving up the hill? Is it possible he fell asleep started hitting shit, drove halfway up the hill and rolled back down a bit?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I wonder what that driver cover would go for on eBay.

Name:  194CCCDC-2AC1-4CAA-9E90-13EA27103436.jpeg
Views: 387
Size:  446.0 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

How steep is the incline if you were driving up the hill? Is it possible he fell asleep started hitting shit, drove halfway up the hill and rolled back down a bit?
    I'm assuming he nodded out, probably already going like 55-70, picked up speed while drifting towards the median, eventually hit something and launched off to the side of the road and then rolled down a bit?

Is kind of hard to figure out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Well it could end up as pictured if he crossed the divider and ended up on the side of the road of the southbound side. I still think it's much more likely he was driving downhill when it happened. It's FAR more dangerous driving down than up on Hawthorne. Since they said he was going northbound, I have to believe he really was, and crossed the divider.

The car ended up on the southbound side. I recognize it.

Load Metric
    Name:  4D013BAE-3540-46DA-8BDF-74A5644E10CD.jpeg
Views: 373
Size:  109.5 KB

He should really hire someone to protect him from these things happening.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    They just show car being lifted out , it was demolished. Looks like legs took the brunt of it. Looks like his son is talented interesting to see if follows dads footsteps.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    :sfcalledit

From CNN:

Woods’ 2021 Genesis was going downhill on a winding road and crossed the median before crashing into curb and overturning into brush. Neighbors called 911 about the crash at 7:12 a.m. local time. "We have to assume they made that call almost immediately, as soon as it happened, because the neighbors are sitting right within 50 feet of the location," Villanueva said.

Woods’ injuries were not life-threatening. “He was able to communicate, and he was conscious,” the sheriff said. Both legs were injured, according to L.A. County Fire Chief Daryl Osby. Deputy Carlos Gonzalez, the first responder at the scene, said Woods “was not able to stand on his own power.”

The airbags in the vehicle deployed, and Woods was wearing a seat belt. The sheriff said this likely saved his life. It appears that Woods' vehicle was "going at a relatively greater speed than normal," Villanueva said, adding that there were "no skid marks, no braking." The sheriff said there were no signs of impairment, but tests are being conducted.

Comments

1marley1: dumass

splitthis: Offset

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Don't be fooled by the straight appearance. There are a number of small curves on the way down. It's on a mild curve for most of the way. Look at the map.
    fyp

Load Metric

From CNN:

Woods’ 2021 Genesis was going downhill on a winding road and crossed the median before crashing into curb and overturning into brush. Neighbors called 911 about the crash at 7:12 a.m. local time. "We have to assume they made that call almost immediately, as soon as it happened, because the neighbors are sitting right within 50 feet of the location," Villanueva said.

Woods’ injuries were not life-threatening. “He was able to communicate, and he was conscious,” the sheriff said. Both legs were injured, according to L.A. County Fire Chief Daryl Osby. Deputy Carlos Gonzalez, the first responder at the scene, said Woods “was not able to stand on his own power.”

The airbags in the vehicle deployed, and Woods was wearing a seat belt. The sheriff said this likely saved his life. It appears that Woods' vehicle was "going at a relatively greater speed than normal," Villanueva said, adding that there were "no skid marks, no braking." The sheriff said there were no signs of impairment, but tests are being conducted.
    You’re bragging that you said he was going too fast and crashed?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

From CNN:
    No, that he crossed the median while going downhill and his car flipped over on the side of the road on the other side, rolling uphill.

No article had that detail when I posted that.

Load Metric
    I've driven in Northern California about 5 times in my life, nothing like LA. There are stretches that are a thousand feet high, winding up and down. It was flat out terrifying, especially at night a couple times I drove it. Also had an equally terrifying experience in the Appalachians. If you do not know the terrain, it is downright dangerous.

One nightmare I have recurring is losing control on a mountain driving. This dream sequence is a result of getting hit with a snowstorm in late March years ago in West Virginia. What was supposed to be rain converted to sleet and snow. I literally stayed at a shady roadside motel for the first and only time in my life out of downright fear since it was tough to stay on the road, I just pulled over around 7pm. Rate was $44 and you got a bottled water. It was before cell phone cameras, but you should have seen this place. The toilet paper holder was broken in my room and there was just a half opened roll sitting on top of the toilet basin. There was a used bar of soap in the shower, I had to walk to the front desk to get a clean bar. The guy behind the desk literally had a open bottle of Jack Daniels on the counter.

There was a bar across the street, they did not have a kitchen, but they had an oven in the back where they cooked pizzas and other baked stuff. This night the owner had made a huge batch of Chicken Alfredo, it was $2.99 a plate, it was fine. Funny stuff, that was nearly 20 years ago, unreal.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

No, that he crossed the median while going downhill and his car flipped over on the side of the road on the other side, rolling uphill.

No article had that detail when I posted that.

Read your site dumass...

The video posted showed the debris field and the heli pilot explained the whole thing

Load Metric
    I’m shocked that he actually drives a genesis.

I mean as host I’m sure he’s contractually obligated to have a registered operating genesis but I figured he would drive it back and forth to the tournament and then drive a Bentley around the rest of the time.

Comments

1marley1: Obv a loaner for the tourney. Piece of shit nearly killed him. Should’ve taken Druffs advice and not sponsored a shitty product.

Thread Information