Thread: They're here, and they're queer

Load Metric

They're here, and they're queer

An increasing number of Americans identify as being queer these days.

article: https://abcnews.go.com/US/americans-..._headlines_hed

What, is it the water? The chemicals in our foods? Targeted programming by school teachers? Gotta stop it quick or before you know it we'll all be queer, and I don't want to have to drive a Jetta or a Yaris.

Name:  gay shit.png
Views: 136
Size:  301.8 KB

Load Metric
    Its the young ones, or Millenials

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...24/gen-z-lgbt/

Im a Gen-X'r at 41 almost 42 now. I am pretty proud to be a Gen-X'r. The older I get now the more I understand it all. It's the little ones we need to worry about. They are very much more 'Free' and, probably Liberal leaning if anything. So its the fact that our younger population happen to be more o.k. that. And they are seemingly just different. My generation was so much different then what I see now and today. And I know that, and it's o.k. so whatever. But lol these kids today aren't no Gen-X's I can assure you all that =)....

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    there's always been hella f words

Gold
    Load Metric
    I am guessing for people below 25 (or whatever) declaring you are "queer" is pretty much meaningless as far as actually having an alternative lifestyle or identity. It is just something that is en vogue to say. Pretty much all of these "queer" people will end up as exclusive heterosexuals, and will grow up, get married, have children and live very heteronormative lives.

Silver
    Load Metric
    The numbers are probably going up because the queers feel safer to come out , thanks to the tolerance of people like you Ray ....
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's a combo of being safe to come out and people doing it for attention.

Most of the young people claiming to be fully gay/lesbian are telling the truth. It's the ones claiming to be trans/non-binary/pansexual/etc that are often doing it for attention.

Note that the vast majority of these "queer" young people are white and middle/upper class, especially the teen girls. That's not a coincidence.

I feel that gay and bi people should feel free to come out and be what they are, without shame. However, there's tons of bullshit going on nowadays for attention or rebellion, and we shouldn't just chalk it all up to a more tolerant environment.

Load Metric
    The devil loves confusion.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Thread Information