Thread: RIP Fry's Electronics - Is it me or did every time I walked out of there I swore to never walk in again.

Load Metric

RIP Fry's Electronics - Is it me or did every time I walked out of there I swore to never walk in again.

frys.com

After nearly 36 years in business as the one-stop-shop and online resource for high-tech professionals across nine states and 31 stores, Fry’s Electronics, Inc. (“Fry’s” or “Company”), has made the difficult decision to shut down its operations and close its business permanently as a result of changes in the retail industry and the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic. The Company will implement the shut down through an orderly wind down process that it believes will be in the best interests of the Company, its creditors, and other stakeholders.

The Company ceased regular operations and began the wind-down process on February 24, 2021. It is hoped that undertaking the wind-down through this orderly process will reduce costs, avoid additional liabilities, minimize the impact on our customers, vendors, landlords and associates, and maximize the value of the Company’s assets for its creditors and other stakeholders.

The Company is in the process of reaching out to its customers with repairs and consignment vendors to help them understand what this will mean for them and the proposed next steps.

If you have questions, please contact us using the following email addresses:

For customers who have equipment currently being repaired, please email customerservice@frys.com, to arrange for return of your equipment.

For customers with items needing repair under a Performance Service Contract, please call (800) 811-1745.

For consignment vendors needing to pick up their consignment inventory at Fry’s locations, please email omnichannel@frys.com.

Please understand if we are a bit slow to respond given the large volume of questions. The Company appreciates your patience and support through this process.

Sincerely,

Fry’s Electronics

Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I hated walking out and being treated like a criminal. In general I just never got a good vibe from the place. Haven't been there in years.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Wow, frys is a name i haven heard of in decades, but it brings back some faint memories of my dad occasionally bitching about when i was a kid

Back in the 80's and 90's , my dad dealt alot with typical consumer electronics and repair. He did everything from fixing vcr's, camcorders, tvs, and even installing those really big satellite dishes at the time - you name it.

I will always remember that occasional gripe about this supposed company named "frys". I don't ever remember what the problem was (as i was +/- 10-15 years old at the time and didnt care) but i will always remeber the contempt he had for that company.

I had to look it up and from what ive read so far, they didnt even have a location in my state - which is kind of a head scratcher as to why he would be having probs with a company out of state. My only guess is he perhaps had to do warranty work or need parts from them or something and they were being massive assholes about it.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Wow, frys is a name i haven heard of in decades, but it brings back some faint memories of my dad occasionally bitching about when i was a kid

Back in the 80's and 90's , my dad dealt alot with typical consumer electronics and repair. He did everything from fixing vcr's, camcorders, tvs, and even installing those really big satellite dishes at the time - you name it.

I will always remember that occasional gripe about this supposed company named "frys". I don't ever remember what the problem was (as i was +/- 10-15 years old at the time and didnt care) but i will always remeber the contempt he had for that company.

I had to look it up and from what ive read so far, they didnt even have a location in my state - which is kind of a head scratcher as to why he would be having probs with a company out of state. My only guess is he perhaps had to do warranty work or need parts from them or something and they were being massive assholes about it.
    Yeah. For awhile it was kind of the place to go if you needed a part. 20 years ago I went there a lot as the computers at the time always had parts that were breaking or needed upgrading, so you just went to Frys, found the part, and replaced it yourself. I was never a CS person, but it is crazy how much more I knew about doing shit with computers 20 years ago compared to today, just because you had to.

Load Metric
    I haven’t been into a Fry’s in decades. Won’t miss it.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information