Thread: Druff, are you familiar with Kinky Freidman, the worlds only Jewish country & western singer

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Druff, are you familiar with Kinky Freidman, the worlds only Jewish country & western singer

Might like a tune for the radio lead in. I think he has pretty much stopped performing.
    His band was Kinky and the Texas Jewboys.

Check Youtube for hits like:

"They don't make Jews like Jesus anymore"
    "Asshole from El Paso"
    "Get Your Biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns in Bed"

He wrote detective novels that are humorous. The early ones were best in my opinion.
    He ran for Texas governor.

Entertaining guy. Read Wikipdia.

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Load Metric
    Don Imus would mention Kinky Friedman at least once a week on his radio show which ran for decades. Kinky was one of his favorites.

However, Imus in the Morning was East Coast so Druff probably never heard of him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Don Imus would mention Kinky Friedman at least once a week on his radio show which ran for decades. Kinky was one of his favorites.

However, Imus in the Morning was East Coast so Druff probably never heard of him.
    No way a radio buff like Druff hasn't heard of a legend like Imus.

This was one of Kinky's campaign ads when he ran for governor:

Name:  kinky.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  59.2 KB

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Just for you splitty

Load Metric
    Only problem is, men aren’t men anymore. They have turned into BCR families where everyone is sucking off stepmommies tits and she ain’t even getting dick, from the family at least.

I can’t help from blaming the old Enjoli commercial. I was very young at the time but when I saw that commercial I knew shit was gonna go south for women.

Bring home the bacon, fry it up in and pan, never ever forget your man or something like that. Fucking dumbasses.

Also makes me remember an old patient of mine. Every time I would see her she would say how much she missed her husband who passed. She stayed home and took care of the house and him while he worked. When he came home she would complain about how hard she worked all day but told me she only cleaned an hour or so then would to what she wanted. Bitch had game.

Walter ask your aide friends how popular they are with the men. It’s a thing that young black men go after back aides because they have a steady job and can suck money off them.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

This is where my familiarity with Kinky comes from.

Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Only problem is, men aren’t men anymore. They have turned into BCR families where everyone is sucking off stepmommies tits and she ain’t even getting dick, from the family at least.

I can’t help from blaming the old Enjoli commercial. I was very young at the time but when I saw that commercial I knew shit was gonna go south for women.

Bring home the bacon, fry it up in and pan, never ever forget your man or something like that. Fucking dumbasses.

Also makes me remember an old patient of mine. Every time I would see her she would say how much she missed her husband who passed. She stayed home and took care of the house and him while he worked. When he came home she would complain about how hard she worked all day but told me she only cleaned an hour or so then would to what she wanted. Bitch had game.

Walter ask your aide friends how popular they are with the men. It’s a thing that young black men go after back aides because they have a steady job and can suck money off them.
    I have no idea what you’re babbling about here. I was a married 30 year old when my father remarried. I don’t have a stepmother. You should get on some meds. You sound even more depressive than normal. Your continued descent into complete madness continues. You’re 60 and can’t interest geriatrics. I get it, that has to be depressing.

There is a famous quote from Catherine Deneuve. She said “ At a certain age, you have to choose between your face and your ass.”

I’m guessing you must have chose wrong if you’re finding it this hard to find a man when you’re willing to fuck anything.

Comments

Muck Ficon: She stopped drinking and found Jesus. Been all downhill since.

splitthis: Drug addict green repped by butthurt idiot for all tgull rep repair losers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Even though I know of Imus, I was never a fan of his and didn't listen to his show.

I'm not familiar with Kinky Friedman.

Load Metric
    Loved 90’s Imus.

He was one of the first to mine politics for entertainment on the radio in my experience. Not heavy ideology but gossip and yucks. Page 6 gossip grade stuff. Some light shots politically.

He would have Clinton on and needle him a little bit, as an example. Frankly, he was using the politicians to give gravity to his show as if he had real world relationships with power.

Imus liked to flirt with the 3rd rail of anti-semitism just to be dangerous ... this was New York .... Kinky gave him cover.

Imus eventually blew himself up as he toyed and crossed the line of shock racism or sexism. Stern did the same.

Stern vs Imus and those two together on the same station was as good as it ever got.

It’s funny but not only is drive time radio dead but the notion of commuting to work is passé too. Times change
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-22-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberbabble View Post
    Might like a tune for the radio lead in. I think he has pretty much stopped performing.
    His band was Kinky and the Texas Jewboys.

Check Youtube for hits like:

"They don't make Jews like Jesus anymore"
    "Asshole from El Paso"
    "Get Your Biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns in Bed"

He wrote detective novels that are humorous. The early ones were best in my opinion.
    He ran for Texas governor.

Entertaining guy. Read Wikipdia.
    Do your homework

Name:  BF06815A-4C2B-4FA3-8947-E841E2FB722F.jpeg
Views: 174
Size:  70.0 KB

Load Metric
    Loved 90’s Imus.

He was one of the first to mine politics for entertainment on the radio in my experience. Not heavy ideology but gossip and yucks. Page 6 gossip grade stuff. Some light shots politically.

He would have Clinton on and needle him a little bit, as an example. Frankly, he was using the politicians to give gravity to his show as if he had real world relationships with power.

Imus liked to flirt with the 3rd rail of anti-semitism just to be dangerous ... this was New York .... Kinky gave him cover.

Imus eventually blew himself up as he toyed and crossed the line of shock racism or sexism. Stern did the same.

Stern vs Imus and those two together on the same station was as good as it ever got.

It’s funny but not only is drive time radio dead but the notion of commuting to work is passé too. Times change

Yeah, late 80- early 90s Imus v Stern was great. That marriage though, fuck, I started to feel bad for him. Every day was his wife with the constant Thiomersal talk and that ranch where he looked like some silly grandpa on horseback with Wyatt and the sick kids. It was a nice idea, but it got insufferable.

I always kind of laughed at how similar Stern and Imus ended up being the old guy with the trophy wife who had them championing these causes that were the wife’s interest. They would have made fun of the guy they became twenty years earlier.

He had good timing to die months before Covid when his wife would have been a legit nightmare with all the vaccine insanity.

Load Metric
    Yeah, when the older Imus had Wyatt ... maybe you can mark that as the start of the decline. The ranch, his brother and the line of salsa and other marketing crap. It was like Jimmy Carter and Billy beer grade embarrassment for me.

Drug fueled Imus and Stern... wonder if there is a book about those years.

Opine and Anthony and crank calls on the west coast ... lame. I always had this vision of Druff roller blading with his Walkman on Venice beach listening to Rush Limbaugh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Even though I know of Imus, I was never a fan of his and didn't listen to his show.

I'm not familiar with Kinky Friedman.
    As a Jew, a connoisseur of country music and a guy who likes traditional gender roles you would love Kinky Friedman. Give him a try.

Load Metric
    Yeah, when the older Imus had Wyatt ... maybe you can mark that as the start of the decline. The ranch, his brother and the line of salsa and other marketing crap. It was like Jimmy Carter and Billy beer grade embarrassment for me.

Drug fueled Imus and Stern... wonder if there is a book about those years.

Opine and Anthony and crank calls on the west coast ... lame. I always had this vision of Druff roller blading with his Walkman on Venice beach listening to Rush Limbaugh
    Howard tells the story from his formerly egomaniacal perspective in one of his books. I remember him quoting Imus as saying "If Howard Stern beats me, I'll eat a dead dog's penis." And then Howard beat him.

Load Metric
    You forgot about Waylon Goldstein and Cooter Schwartz

Silver
    Load Metric
    I saw Kinky at a bar in Santa Ynez a few years ago. He puts on a really entertaining show. His music isn’t really that good but the stories he tells between songs are golden.

Thread Information