Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Poker Fraud Alert Radio Thread for 2/20/2021 - 9:30pm start time - ** $51 FREEROLL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Poker Fraud Alert Radio Thread for 2/20/2021 - 9:30pm start time - ** $51 FREEROLL

Show begins at approximately 9:30pm PST, on Saturday, February 20, 2021.

You can listen by going to our Radio tab above, or clicking here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/radio.php

"Call To Listen Line": Call (605) 313-0736 to listen to the show from ANY PHONE in the world! No smartphone or app required! If you do have a smartphone, this will NOT cost you any data. There's an alternate number at (641) 741-1095.

Call in number: (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355. Make sure to show your caller ID, or the phone system will not let you through (you will probably get a busy signal)! You can also call our mountaintop number (an old '70s phone sitting on top of Mt. Charleston) at (702) 430-1808.

You can also text Druff at any time before, during, or after the show, at (775) 372-8355 (our main phone number).

You can follow along and interact with us in our live chat room, by clicking the Chat tab near the top of the screen. You need to be logged in and have Adobe Flash capability on your computer to see the chat.

We have a freeroll tonight!

Freeroll info
    Tournament Location: NoFraud Online Poker Room
    Tournament Date/Time: 2/20/21 at 9:45pm PST
    Tournament Type: NL Holdem
    Tournament Buyin: FREE - it doesn't even cost you any play chips!
    Tournament Prizes: 1st: $25, 2nd: $16, 3rd: $10. I will send this to you by Zelle, Cash App, bank transfer, bitcoin, or "other" methods. PM me after you win to claim your prize!

The following generous donations were received for this freeroll:
    "In Honor of Robert Gray" $25
    Dive Bar Dave $15
    Reno $11

There is no tournament password. Go register now! There is now late registration allowed until 25 minutes after start time.

*** IMPORTANT ***

You must read the rules for the freeroll, as not everyone qualifies for the free money!

Freeroll rules can be found here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/freeroll

Agenda for today:

- Negreanu and Hellmuth will play the next high profile heads up match, but is it what it seems to be?

- What Would Druff Do? PFA listener writes in about $12,000 Superbowl ticket disaster on Stubhub

- Prank call to foreign "computer tech support" scammers

- McCarran Airport named after former Senator Harry Reid

- Update: Lee "AHoosierA" Bradbury had another court hearing involving Christopher Mitchell and frivolous restraining order

- JC Pearson, Puggy's brother, has passed away at 87 -- and he was also a poker pro

- Flashback: Druff tells poker player at Wynn in 2012 to sell 1000 BTC, after being asked for advice

- Four Las Vegas hotels resume normal operations after previous midweek shutdown policy

- Cosmopolitan hotel fire on 51st floor causes injuries, gets put out

- Man hits $1.1 million jackpot on table game at Tropicana Atlantic City, tips $50,000

- Tennessee Lottery voids numerous Superbowl bets, closes 74 accounts, citing that they were "illegal"

- Coronavirus news:
    -- Johns Hopkins scientist believes COVID will be "mostly gone" by April
    -- Pfizer vaccine no longer has to be stored at -94 degree temperatures
    -- Biden Administration flubbing messaging about vaccine, drawing grim picture of post-vaccine life

- Editorial: What is a real Republican?

- Please suggest other good topics if you don't see them here!

- We take your phone calls at (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    - Flashback: Druff tells poker player at Wynn in 2012 to sell 1000 BTC, after being asked for advice
    A) He said I know Bryan Micon and bought another 1,000 Bitcoins

B) He took Druff's advice and sold his Bitcoins for $10 each

C) He committed suicide last week.

Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Poker Fraud Alert Radio Thread for 2/20/2021 - 9:30pm start time - ** $51 FREEROLL

YES!! These crank calls RULE! Druff should get an award for these!!

Good job Druff, loved it.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 02-20-2021 at 11:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fast archives this time:

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ion-Department

You'll enjoy the prank call at 1:40:19. One of my better ones in awhile.

Load Metric
    Fast archives this time:

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ion-Department

You'll enjoy the prank call at 1:40:19. One of my better ones in awhile.
    I happened to catch that part of the show live and was laughing so hard, I got short of breath. Thanks Druff!

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Weekly donkament results. DiveBar_Dave orders another Bud Light.

Tournament=Radio Donkament
    Number=1044
    BuyIn=0+0
    PrizeBonus=12000
    MultiplyBonus=No
    Entrants=29
    Late=11
    Tickets=0
    Removed=0
    Rebuys=0
    AddOns=0
    RebuyCost=0+0
    NetBonus=12000
    StopOnChop=No
    Start=2021-02-20 21:45:02
    Place29=RevJohn (0)
    Place28=JimmyDeep (0)
    Place27=MrWallace (0)
    Place26=UNO (0)
    Place25=Cryptoninja (0)
    Place24=tradershky2 (0)
    Place23=player123 (0)
    Place22=WillieStole (0)
    Place21=Daniel72 (0)
    Place20=Poyak99 (0)
    Place19=Ikke1 (0)
    Place18=IamGreek (0)
    Place17=c-zero (0)
    Place16=slipslap (0)
    Place15=bingo (0)
    Place14=d1sposition (0)
    Place13=Macallan18 (0)
    Place12=Landon_Mark (0)
    Place11=Turdzilla (0)
    Place10=Gordman (0)
    Place9=smiflorida (0)
    Place8=ballhawknet (0)
    Place7=BobbyOrr (0)
    Place6=PainlessWon (840)
    Place5=shoeshinebox (960)
    Place4=Vetteguy94 (1320)
    Place3=Jef (1800)
    Place2=Reno (2760)
    Place1=DiveBar_Dave (4320)
    Stop=2021-02-20 23:52:05
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Started listening to the show yesterday and finished this morning. Thanks for doing the segment about my StubHub issue - I really enjoyed it. Kind of made me wish I had called in to talk about it, but of course I was sleeping. And anyway, you reading what I wrote was probably more clear and complete than I could have been trying to remember everything on the spot. You're right, though, I shouldn't be afraid to put my name to it, so here it is... (and anyone who wants to play detective and get the full name can easily go to my thread about the 2019 WSOP $1500 O/8 event and figure it out from there.)

The prank calls were great too! Keep up the good work!

Comments

Dan Druff: he comes out of the shadows!

Load Metric
    your "friend" is a scammer and used flimsy reason to get a FULL REFUND on a superbowl he got to see for FREE.

what a loser

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    your "friend" is a scammer and used flimsy reason to get a FULL REFUND on a superbowl he got to see for FREE.

what a loser
    He was 100% in the right.

The scammer was the one selling him tickets which were invalid by the NFL's rules. The seller did this in order to make extra money, since smaller groups of seats were going for much more per-seat money than larger groups of seats.

Load Metric

what a loser

The scammer was the one selling him tickets which were invalid by the NFL's rules. The seller did this in order to make extra money, since smaller groups of seats were going for much more per-seat money than larger groups of seats.
    I agree with this but he took advantage

Load Metric

Here's the example I have been giving people that I think is a fair comparison...if you pay for a first-class airline seat, you are doing that mainly to get the extra room that comes with that seat (especially if you don't take advantage of the free drinks), and you are paying 2-3x what a coach seat would cost. If you show up for the flight and find out that they coded it wrong and row 4 is actually coach, then stay on the flight because you need to get to the destination, that doesn't mean that you agree that it was ok for you to be charged first-class price for a coach seat. You would expect, at a minimum, to be refunded the difference between the first-class and coach prices.

In this case, I paid that first-class price, expected that room, and didn't get it. It is hard to determine the value of the "coach" seat because by rule they were not supposed to even exist or be sold. One of the main reasons that some cities, like Tampa, are allowing some large events is that the event providers agree to only seat people in pods. Of course, the more contagious and dangerous you believe Covid-19 to be, the less "flimsy" you would believe the reason is for the refund.

To be honest, it really did aggravate me that the seller knowingly broke the rules to get the sale, especially when it was supposed to be a safety precaution. The reduced seating capacity was already causing prices to skyrocket, and now they were going for more by illegally splitting the tickets. Had they sold all six together, they would have gotten about $21k...splitting them allowed them to get upwards of $35k.

And to be clear, I made an offer to StubHub...I told them they could keep the face value of the tickets, and refund the rest...I just didn't want to see anyone profiting from this sale that was made under false pretenses. Their response at the time was "you are NOT getting a refund".

Here's another thing that I never mentioned to Todd that is interesting to me...StubHub told me that the seller only paid $300 in fees to StubHub for selling the tickets. If I had sold $9,200 in tickets there, I would be paying StubHub a 10-15% commission. So how is this seller only paying 3-4%? My thought is that the seller is some sort of broker with a preferred relationship with StubHub. In which case, they should know the rules, and were definitely splitting the tickets for maximum profit. And maybe StubHub was covering for them initially...think about it - if StubHub only refunds me the fees I paid, they can still pay the seller 100% of the normal proceeds, still keep the sell fee, and no damage is done on their side. They don't want to take anything back from a preferred seller.

I still don't know why they caved before seeing if they could win the credit card dispute. It may be that the NFL did call them and tell them that something like this could affect their relationship. It's possible they were just worried about what it would look like for them if my wife or I did end up getting Covid. Or what if we just went to all sorts of media and told the story? Of course if we get a refund and get to see the Super Bowl, we're not really sympathetic victims, but what about the other potential buyers out there that now have to be worried that if they get their tickets from StubHub, they could be stuck sandwiched between two fat guys or two teenagers because StubHub is allowing sellers to break the rules? I think that is more of the story.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I hope you feel good about yourself, mdj1980.

You took instruments out of the hands of students in Boston public schools!

https://www.stubhub.com/campaign/pre...public-schools

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mdj1980 View Post

Here's the example I have been giving people that I think is a fair comparison...if you pay for a first-class airline seat, you are doing that mainly to get the extra room that comes with that seat (especially if you don't take advantage of the free drinks), and you are paying 2-3x what a coach seat would cost. If you show up for the flight and find out that they coded it wrong and row 4 is actually coach, then stay on the flight because you need to get to the destination, that doesn't mean that you agree that it was ok for you to be charged first-class price for a coach seat. You would expect, at a minimum, to be refunded the difference between the first-class and coach prices.

In this case, I paid that first-class price, expected that room, and didn't get it. It is hard to determine the value of the "coach" seat because by rule they were not supposed to even exist or be sold. One of the main reasons that some cities, like Tampa, are allowing some large events is that the event providers agree to only seat people in pods. Of course, the more contagious and dangerous you believe Covid-19 to be, the less "flimsy" you would believe the reason is for the refund.

To be honest, it really did aggravate me that the seller knowingly broke the rules to get the sale, especially when it was supposed to be a safety precaution. The reduced seating capacity was already causing prices to skyrocket, and now they were going for more by illegally splitting the tickets. Had they sold all six together, they would have gotten about $21k...splitting them allowed them to get upwards of $35k.

And to be clear, I made an offer to StubHub...I told them they could keep the face value of the tickets, and refund the rest...I just didn't want to see anyone profiting from this sale that was made under false pretenses. Their response at the time was "you are NOT getting a refund".

Here's another thing that I never mentioned to Todd that is interesting to me...StubHub told me that the seller only paid $300 in fees to StubHub for selling the tickets. If I had sold $9,200 in tickets there, I would be paying StubHub a 10-15% commission. So how is this seller only paying 3-4%? My thought is that the seller is some sort of broker with a preferred relationship with StubHub. In which case, they should know the rules, and were definitely splitting the tickets for maximum profit. And maybe StubHub was covering for them initially...think about it - if StubHub only refunds me the fees I paid, they can still pay the seller 100% of the normal proceeds, still keep the sell fee, and no damage is done on their side. They don't want to take anything back from a preferred seller.

I still don't know why they caved before seeing if they could win the credit card dispute. It may be that the NFL did call them and tell them that something like this could affect their relationship. It's possible they were just worried about what it would look like for them if my wife or I did end up getting Covid. Or what if we just went to all sorts of media and told the story? Of course if we get a refund and get to see the Super Bowl, we're not really sympathetic victims, but what about the other potential buyers out there that now have to be worried that if they get their tickets from StubHub, they could be stuck sandwiched between two fat guys or two teenagers because StubHub is allowing sellers to break the rules? I think that is more of the story.
    I think you saw and angle to get your money back and shot it.

nbd but you watched the whole game, if you were really scared of covid you could have left lol

I'm not gonna lose any tears over stubhub losing money so it's whatever

Thread Information