Thread: Kirkland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Kirkland

From food to products i.e sneakers , sweats and everything else this company is top notch. Thought Id share. Major Coscto brand name.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: kirkland rules

JimmyG_415: 100 %, Anytime Costco sees a brand name selling, they come out w/their own version. Most of the time it is just as good and much cheaper.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    From food to products i.e sneakers , sweats and everything else this company is top notch. Thought Id share. Major Coscto brand name.
    Kirkland is good as far as store brands go, but still sometimes falls short of name brands.

A good example was Kirkland almond butter. When Ben was in preschool, peanut butter wasn't allowed because of potential allergy issues for other kids. We had to buy expensive almond butter instead. His mom tried buying Kirkland almond butter, and it was awful. The oil would all rise to the top, making it slimy, and then as you went down in the jar from using it, it got progressively drier, to where the bottom was way too dry. I tried mixing it and it didn't work.

I found that other store brands of almond butter had the same problem, but the name brand (Justin's) was good, and this didn't occur.

At the time, Ben thought the oil was actually water, and said he "doesn't like Kirkland because it's full of water".

Load Metric
    My parents are Costco devotees and consume a shit ton of Kirkland stuff, despite being pretty well off; my dad is a cheap jew. If not Kirkland, Trader Joe's brands.

I've never had anything edible from Kirkland that is half as good as name brand, but can vouch for their hiking socks and long underwear, recent Christmas gifts from my mom (lol).

Kept me warm and dry on Mount Rainier in nasty conditions.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    My parents are Costco devotees and consume a shit ton of Kirkland stuff, despite being pretty well off; my dad is a cheap jew. If not Kirkland, Trader Joe's brands.

I've never had anything edible from Kirkland that is half as good as name brand, but can vouch for their hiking socks and long underwear, recent Christmas gifts from my mom (lol).

Sweet post DORK. Give your Pops my best.

Comments

garrett: lol the seagull

Walter Sobchak: asshole

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Sweet post DORK. Give your Pops my best.

Save up the $60 and join. Outfit that trailer with the essentials you've been lacking, all while saving a bit of change for that kid you created.

Odds are you've been reduced to bio daddy at this point if anything, but that man raising your child would appreciate a few bucks. That mounting debt isn't going anywhere.

Alternatively, cheap alcohol in big sizes.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: lol at alcohol but true that
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Sorry, no Kirkland for me. I do do not shop at Costco and rather pay a higher cost for a more higher caliber of product. Not trying to be a snob here, but its just not for me.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I’ve never seen sneakers from them before. Any good?

When I was a kid, when someone came to school in Wal-Mart shoes, they were super self-conscious about being teased. I can just picture teenage kids getting Kirkland shoes and being mortified.

My favorite items are the frozen fruit, big ass olive oil jugs, and cartons of liquid egg whites. Hard to mess those up.

As Druff mentioned with the almond butter, any food that can have different variations, might not exactly turn out well with Kirkland... but the bulk buying makes it darn tempting.

I do find the overall Costco experience better than Sam’s Club. It’s a hair more expensive, but worth it to avoid a lot of the degens running around Sam’s. And they pay employees better at Costco, which seems to translate in a better experience as well.

Load Metric
    I got shoes from costco that are pretty good. Also got sneakers not sure if kirland because the brand is fila champions they are great for the treadmill. My dad drinks the silky almond soy milk, trying to fatten him up. I don't like the almond milk, even son won't drink it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    I got shoes from costco that are pretty good. Also got sneakers not sure if kirland because the brand is fila champions they are great for the treadmill. My dad drinks the silky almond soy milk, trying to fatten him up. I don't like the almond milk, even son won't drink it.
    Fila shoes are the best for exercise. Nothing better.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    I'm a Bj's shopper past couple years myself mostly because the proximately to where I live.

Costco and Sams Club are alot further BJ's does the trick. I think the k-cup deal you can get there is decent for Starbucks i forget but it may be 75 or 100, its only like $32 or something. i'm bad the convenience of a kcup to me has become what I just expect from a cup of coffee these days maybe. It quick, fresh, hot and kcups are perfect like that.

Then I walk into any 711 on the planet and look at the coffee, and a Glass pot is sitting on a burner burning. And I just think, eww how fucking gross who would want that coffee. When even at home, we live in a hot fresh fast cup of coffee world. If I could short 711 for reasons I would so hard. Anyway, im digressing sorry but yeah kcups haha....

im a kcup snob I think know I admit it lolll..

Load Metric
    I've never seen Kirkland shoes, but the thick socks are good.
    Kirkland paper products, like their Toilet Paper is as good as it gets and and Paper Towels are just as good as Bounty, you get more for less.
    Bacon is quality, fake Tylenol PMs work fine,
    I agree I think expecting them to be good at Almond butter is asking a lot, but their just regular Butter is fine & cheap.
    And of course the $2 slices of cheese pizza. I don't care what anyone says, the tops part is good. The crust can be a problem.

Coffee and batteries, although not Kirkland, if you buy those 2 products anywhere else you are a sucker (That said I've never been to a Sam's)
    (Peet's you get 2 lbs. for like $15, you get like $12 a lb. in a Peet's store)

Things not to buy at Costco:
    Tires
    Eye glasses
    Almond Butter (I'll take Druff's word for it.)

Go to pro's for those, I want real mechanic, not someone who applied for a job and was assigned there.
    F the price savings, its not worth it if something goes wrong, like the free tire flat tires?
    I've had to wait 3 hours for that, F that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWallace View Post
    I’ve never seen sneakers from them before. Any good?

When I was a kid, when someone came to school in Wal-Mart shoes, they were super self-conscious about being teased. I can just picture teenage kids getting Kirkland shoes and being mortified.

My favorite items are the frozen fruit, big ass olive oil jugs, and cartons of liquid egg whites. Hard to mess those up.

As Druff mentioned with the almond butter, any food that can have different variations, might not exactly turn out well with Kirkland... but the bulk buying makes it darn tempting.

I do find the overall Costco experience better than Sam’s Club. It’s a hair more expensive, but worth it to avoid a lot of the degens running around Sam’s. And they pay employees better at Costco, which seems to translate in a better experience as well.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Kirkland Chocolate Macadamia Carmel Clusters

/thread

Thread Information