Thread: Greedy European “Renewable Energy” policies are spurring on the worldwide destruction of forests!!!

Load Metric

Greedy European “Renewable Energy” policies are spurring on the worldwide destruction of forests!!!

The European Union treats the burning of wood pellets as “renewable energy”, and heavily subsidizes its use in order to meet its renewable energy production targets. But Europe has few forests available to harvest such fuel, so the tremendous demand for this “renewable” source is fueling the rapld stripping of previously unto hed forests elsewhere in the world.

Oh, and other countries, such as South Korea, the US, and Canada are playing along this charade, either as suppliers of wood pellets of consumers.

Wankers!

Comments

YUUP: This is the only reason I voted for Brexit
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    So this is interesting to me from a maybe who 'You' are, or what we have been misled to believe lol, who knows. But why is this here exactly something you posted, and care about. I am assuming because this would lead to rising fuel costs, and you don't like the higher Fuel prices driving many miles. That would directly cut into your bottom line of course, so less fuel costs means more profit for you in theory.

Now aside from all of that, I have always thought to myself, wow this guy is bright. He is one of the smartest Truckers I have ever got to know in ways like this. Not that I know many others, but its pretty cool. And for me that is also a part of what I guess I enjoy about PFA, is are a sorta odd 'collective' of different Individuals here. With differing opinions, beliefs, and why and I actually really enjoy that. With that dynamic over time, you of course develop certain beliefs or opinions yourself, as I have now with you. That you are actually, really a Trucker actively. And not that it maters or is important, there's is reasons one could do that and it is not horrible pay at all if you could commit to it. So I'm not totally sure honestly, if you really do Truck drive lol. Orr if that maybe hasn't always been some sort of 'Cover' of sorts, because who knows, around here their probably are a few 'crazies' better off not really knowing who one is maybe lol....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    So this is interesting to me from a maybe who 'You' are, or what we have been misled to believe lol, who knows. But why is this here exactly something you posted, and care about. I am assuming because this would lead to rising fuel costs, and you don't like the higher Fuel prices driving many miles. That would directly cut into your bottom line of course, so less fuel costs means more profit for you in theory.

Now aside from all of that, I have always thought to myself, wow this guy is bright. He is one of the smartest Truckers I have ever got to know in ways like this. Not that I know many others, but its pretty cool. And for me that is also a part of what I guess I enjoy about PFA, is are a sorta odd 'collective' of different Individuals here. With differing opinions, beliefs, and why and I actually really enjoy that. With that dynamic over time, you of course develop certain beliefs or opinions yourself, as I have now with you. That you are actually, really a Trucker actively. And not that it maters or is important, there's is reasons one could do that and it is not horrible pay at all if you could commit to it. So I'm not totally sure honestly, if you really do Truck drive lol. Orr if that maybe hasn't always been some sort of 'Cover' of sorts, because who knows, around here their probably are a few 'crazies' better off not really knowing who one is maybe lol....
    I don’t OWN a truck, I just drive one. So higher fuel costs wouldn’t affect me much directly.

As for why I posted it: It’s an example of how the political process can be corrupted by politicians looking to make their numbers look good while simultaneously caving to business interests who are clever at gaming the system in a way that completely defeats the intent of the goals the politicians are supposedly working towards.

Meaning, at the moment, the next generation doesn’t have a fucking prayer if they are hoping that the current generation in power will do anything material to slow down the effects of manmade climate change.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    rofl @ MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE

GULLIBLE FAGGOT

Platinum
    Load Metric
    That shit is crazy...

How can burning wood be considered green? I read some of the ridiculous justifications they used, “those trees would decay on their own so burning is really the same...”. Haha what a load of BS.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I don’t OWN a truck, I just drive one. So higher fuel costs wouldn’t affect me much directly.

As for why I posted it: It’s an example of how the political process can be corrupted by politicians looking to make their numbers look good while simultaneously caving to business interests who are clever at gaming the system in a way that completely defeats the intent of the goals the politicians are supposedly working towards.

Meaning, at the moment, the next generation doesn’t have a fucking prayer if they are hoping that the current generation in power will do anything material to slow down the effects of manmade climate change.
    So these are the millennials then you are talking about, correct haha....

They want everything free and easy anyway, they'll want Big Government to take care of them all in the future anyway.

But now im digressing, very interesting sir...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Shut your mouth you tweaked out ultimate loser.

You cannot stop the stupid. Even if it dies, it's likely passed on.
    Let's hope for a meteorite and be done with it.
    Last edited by limitles; 02-19-2021 at 09:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Interesting story.

I wasn't aware of it until you posted it, but this can be the unfortunate result of fanatical or performative environmentalism. Ill-advised policy can end up doing more harm than good. Simply feeling good about yourself for being "green" doesn't actually help anything.

Fake environmentalism takes many forms:

- Profit environmentalism: A policy is established after being pushed by an industry which stands to benefit from it. In many of these cases, the net effect on the environment is often negligible or actually more harmful. A good example: The "free plastic bag" outlaw at California grocery stores, which has simply replaced these bags with thicker ones which the grocery store is mandated to charge 10c for (and pocket!)

- Performative environmentalism: Actions taken or policy made in order to look or feel environmentally responsible, but where the actual improvement to the environment is negligible. A good example: The plastic straw ban.

- Negated environmentalism: Policy which seems on its face to help the environment, but in reality makes the situation worse, because it causes a shift in behavior which is harmful. A good example: Strict US environmental regulations forcing a semi-responsible company out of business, and the replacement products are made in China, which has very lax environmental regulations.

- Regulatory environmentalism: Ill-conceived environmental-related law which accidentally encourages individuals and companies to do even worse things to the environment in order to comply. A good example: The situation described in the OP here.

- Overreactive environmentalism: Advocating policies which, while optimally beneficial to the environment, will take an extremely high toll on quality of modern life, or are ridiculously expensive.

I should add that, despite being a Republican, I am actually centrist on the environment. I often break with fellow Republicans on environmental matters, but I also refuse to be performative or overreactive. I am a big advocate of conservation, open space, and the National Park system.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: reasonable positions

Thread Information