My girlfriend actually listens to PFA Radio sometimes in the archives, but often doesn't have time to listen to the entire long episode in one week. For that reason, she was still on the January 17 episode when she was listening today. She texted me and asked me to go listen to the show at exactly the 4 hour mark, for the next 30 seconds or so.

Turned out that I actually fell asleep in the middle of a sentence, mumbled complete nonsense, and then immediately woke up, and kept on going as if nothing had happened. This was NOT an editing error or technical problem, or anything like that. That's how it sounded live.

I remember it happening, too. I had become extremely tired during the second half of the show, and basically faked being energetic and alert. After noticing I seemed to doze off for a second, I had thought I paused speaking for a moment, so I didn't bother to go look for it to edit it out. I didn't realize I spoke nonsense.

The amazing thing is how normal, awake, and coherent I sound leading up to it (even a second beforehand), and then how normal, awake, and coherent I sound again. Only for about 2 seconds do I drift off, then I pop back up again and sound fine.

By coincidence, that episode happened to take place on the 20 year anniversary of the first hand of poker I ever played, though I didn't note that fact on the show.

Anyway, listen starting at the 4:00:00 mark on this episode, if you want to hear it: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...o-Long-Sheldon!