Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check your Credit Report Weekly- Massive Fraud Alert with Unemployment

Load Metric

Check your Credit Report Weekly- Massive Fraud Alert with Unemployment

So since they pushed through all unemployment requests without checking authenticity, there has been massive fraudulent claims with people finding out scammers obtained unemployment monies unbeknownst to them, only found out by them by receiving a tax form in the mail. I know 2 people that this has happened to and have heard many more stories of same.

You can get a free credit report weekly to monitor shenanigans.

Lol at America paying out billions of taxpayers money to scammers!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    So since they pushed through all unemployment requests without checking authenticity, there has been massive fraudulent claims with people finding out scammers obtained unemployment monies unbeknownst to them, only found out by them by receiving a tax form in the mail. I know 2 people that this has happened to and have heard many more stories of same.

Can you lay out a detailed blueprint how these scammers get the free money? Asking for a friend
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Can you lay out a detailed blueprint how these scammers get the free money? Asking for a friend
    I received a message from a nigerian prince wanting checking information and he will pay me substantial monies for my troubles

Load Metric
    Kudos to split for starting this thread. Because it’s no joke. I saw a news article about this last month, but got distracted and forgot to post it.

Scammers have taken $36 billion in fraudulent unemployment payments from American workers
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/05/scam...payments-.html

Fraudulent claims for benefits can account for roughly 35% to 40% of new applications in some states with generous weekly payouts, Hall said. International organized crime rings from countries like China, Ghana, Nigeria and Russia account for most attacks, he said.

Their fraud can take many forms. The most common is identity theft, whereby criminals steal personal data to file a claim in someone else's name, Hall said. In some similar scams, attackers convince victims to verify their identity to get a job or win a prize.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Are you checking your credit on annualcreditreport.com?

That's the only free one I know of.

The other "free credit report" sites take a credit card and sign you up for bullshit services after 30 days unless you cancel.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    How does checking your credit report have anything to do with finding out if someone used your name to collect unemployment?

Load Metric

The other "free credit report" sites take a credit card and sign you up for bullshit services after 30 days unless you cancel.
    They are doing weekly for free right now until may due to all the fraud. No sign ups.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    How does checking your credit report have anything to do with finding out if someone used your name to collect unemployment?
    Because once they were successful getting unemployment, they open credit cards etc.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    During these times of COVID-19, accessing your credit is important. That's why Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion are now offering free weekly online reports through April 2021.

Sorry thru April is free weekly at annual credit report.com.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Credit Karma gives you free credit reports whenever you want them at no cost. They also do not spam your email. Their business model is to give you a credit report, and when it comes up the page is littered with credit cards and loans you qualify for based on your credit report. You click the ad they get paid. You sign up for something they really get paid. Basically the Facebook model.

Load Metric
    Take those free ones with a grain of salt.

I bought a car and a hard check showed that my score was about 30 points higher than what the free one through my Capital One tells me.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I bought a car and a hard check showed that my score was about 30 points higher than what the free one through my Capital One tells me.
    LOL at being concerned about your credit score buying a car. The only way I finance is if the interest rate is 0.0. You get what, 4.9%?

My credit score is 770, I can qualify for anything, but I usually just pay cash.

You sound like one of those '1 Year Same as Cash' kinda guys buying furniture.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

LOL at being concerned about your credit score buying a car. The only way I finance is if the interest rate is 0.0. You get what, 4.9%?

My credit score is 770, I can qualify for anything, but I usually just pay cash.

You sound like one of those '1 Year Same as Cash' kinda guys buying furniture.
    5 years, 0% APR. Score of 789.

Oh and it's real, too; not some fantasy number ginned up while on my knees, hungover and dislodging a stranger's bowel movement from a toilet bowl.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Well Ohio alone has 200 billion in unemployment fraud already it’s huuuugggeeee.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Credit Karma gives you free credit reports whenever you want them at no cost. They also do not spam your email. Their business model is to give you a credit report, and when it comes up the page is littered with credit cards and loans you qualify for based on your credit report. You click the ad they get paid. You sign up for something they really get paid. Basically the Facebook model.
    Does Credit Karma give you your real FICO score?

Apparently there is a version of FICO score that you see in a free credit report and the version that creditors see when they pull your credit report.

I keep hearing that only Discover Card will give you your real FICO score for free regardless if you are a customer.

Load Metric
    Lol, scammers filed on Dewine and his wife Fran the man.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    OP- Is this a national thing, just your state, California, or ?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    It’s gotta be national, they bypassed the checks normally done with unemployment because of the volume of applicants. Libs states media most likely suppressing the news, what a surprise.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Check your Credit Report Weekly- Massive Fraud Alert with Unemployment

It’s gotta be national, they bypassed the checks normally done with unemployment because of the volume of applicants. Libs states media most likely suppressing the news, what a surprise.
    I mean the “unemployment monies” as the EDD scandal was big here in CA. How many other unemployment scandals have you seen across the nation?

Load Metric
    It’s probably everywhere, but from what I understand, there was some quirk here that made it more exploitable. I saw an article about people in Illinois receiving unemployment from Ohio yesterday. I have a friend who got a letter with a pin for a claim and debit card from unemployment that she never made. She was worried if she got pin that means someone snagged card out of her mailbox first. I told her it was possible, but I’d bet against it given the risk in her neighborhood.

If I had to guess, the post office is so screwed up, they only are hiring these temp RSR’s everywhere. They used to do that for rural areas, people delivering out of cars, but now they’re hiring them everywhere. Even a lot of the people in mail trucks are temps.

Losing your government job for snagging mail is idiotic if you’re a longtime postal employee, but these temp people who won’t have a job in two months anyway, I’m guessing some organized group of people approached a number of them and have them snagging the cards before they ever reach the mailbox. I told her I’m guessing they just screwed up and missed the PIN rather than driving around neighborhoods opening mailboxes.

Thread Information