Thread: Bovada refusing to pay out any bets regarding streaker at Super Bowl

Load Metric

Bovada refusing to pay out any bets regarding streaker at Super Bowl

Stories are now coming out the streaker at SB LV made a bet on Bovada and encouraged others to do so as he planned to hit that bet by being the one to make it onto the field at the game. It appears now Bovada is refusing to pay out and grade any bets on the prop. One such case was a gentleman who bet $800 wining $6k and the Bovada refused to pay up and closed the individuals account. There’s no indication that the winner was in anyway associated with the pink streaker at this point. My suggestion would be be very careful with sportsbets on Bovada till this is all sorted out. If they’re doing this actually there’s no telling what other bets they’re going to suddenly no action if they don’t like they lost it.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: interesting post

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wow, I was hearing rumors about this. While the streaker getting $50k down was likely BS, I do believe that word got around that the streaker was planning to do this, and people hammered it. I don't think this was an organized attempt, but rather friends telling friends about a lock, and those friends telling other friends.

Tough spot for Bovada here. I do have to say that perhaps there's more to the banned account than you think.

If the banned guy was a low-limit bettor who suddenly fired $800 on this pick, that's suspicious, especially if he was one of the earlier ones doing it.

I'm not saying he's directly associated with the streaker, but maybe he's a friend of a friend, and was convinced this was free money.

Tough spot for Bovada. I think what would make more sense would be not to pay bets placed after X amount of time, or where the person's prior betting pattern wouldn't make sense for the amount wagered.

This is the problem related to props which can be controlled by outside parties. I bet they'll never offer something like this again.

Load Metric
    FWIW- This was posted an hour ago...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

He was dumb and bragged about it on an interview.

Bovada says they're going to investigate and pay out the rightful winners, refund the people who lost, and no-pay/ban those who were in on the fix.

Yeah, good luck with sorting that out.

Comments

shoeshine box: Gd looks, nice teeth, you shd want brains to? Humbleness woulda paid better! when u get rich, do it in the dark, alone.

Thread Information