Thread: Super Bowl Parties Si or No?

Load Metric

Super Bowl Parties Si or No?

So, this year due to Covid, we won't be in Mexico watching the big game sitting on the beach in a high end resort as we have done the past 4 years. Neither wifey nor i were able to get a vaccine, and we don't think International Travel is wise at this point. Wifey is a Cancer survivor and is considered high risk.

Yesterday, one of her friends invited us to a Super Bowl party. We would be 8 people indoors for multiple hours. I only know two of the other 6. I balked at the idea, because she is high risk. Plus we have a big 1/2 marathon race next weekend, for which we both have been training really hard. And 3 weeks after that we have another big race to run in. Now is not a good time for either of us to take unnecessary risks. She's pissed that I said No. And today, another friend invited us over. I said No again.

AM I BEING TO CAREFUL? ARE/WOULD YOU GO TO A SUPERBOWL PARTY INDOORS?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Yes, I'd go, and wouldn't even think twice.

The fact that you are running a half marathon tells me you are on the healthier side.

You will be fine.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    For Xmas dinner, I had to get a Covid test just because of 2 old people(parents) that were coming.

I can see hosts throwing a party to request it. I don't think its unreasonable to ask everyone to get it the day before. Sure you waste half a day, but its free.

I personally don't give a shit anymore.

Load Metric
    Similar things happened with me but reversed. Christmas was horrible. I wanted to go visit family and the wife didn’t want to. After some talking and comprising we decided to go to my moms for Christmas Day, and my dads for a Christmas Eve party. We skipping my grandmothers Christmas party because we would see her at my dads. Annnnyywaayyysss, rolled the dice and ended up fine, but a fewdays after Christmas three of my cousins got COVID from a party.

I mean if you’re concerned for your wife’s and your own health I don’t see anything wrong with saying no. I haven’t gone to anything like that since last March and don’t regret it. I’ve know a lot of people that said it will be ok and get it.

Hell, my wife’s uncle was super fit and healthy and got COVID. he died 2.5 weeks later. Can never be too careful.

My honest feeling is if you feel uncomfortable then just stay home. Your fiends will get over it and should understand. The wife in the other hand......I mean you gotta live with her.

Load Metric
    I’m having a party as I have had for the last decade. 5 other families and kids are coming. 34 people in total. Of the 6 families including mine, 3 have had Covid already. I’d understand if anyone didn’t want to come but everyone said they are in.

It might not be the wisest choice, but the Chiefs are playing so I can’t imagine not having the party.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Silver
    Load Metric
    May have this wrong , you’ll be running with a load of other people in close proximity all breathing hard without masks for 13 miles, but you’re worried about sitting in a room with a few others ?

All the best to your wife , my mum and brother are going through it at the moment.
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by YUUP View Post
    May have this wrong , you’ll be running with a load of other people in close proximity all breathing hard without masks for 13 miles, but you’re worried about sitting in a room with a few others ?

All the best to your wife , my mum and brother are going through it at the moment.

As for the race, the fields are limited. Everyone must wear masks pre and post race and they are doing a staggered start. Five or six people will start every 10 seconds. Once you're out on the course, everyone is far enough away from you. And they do NOT allow drafting. But, yes there is some risk there, albeit minimal.

And I wish your mum and brother well with their treatments. It's not fun at anytime, let alone during Covid.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I’m having a party as I have had for the last decade. 5 other families and kids are coming. 34 people in total. Of the 6 families including mine, 3 have had Covid already. I’d understand if anyone didn’t want to come but everyone said they are in.

It might not be the wisest choice, but the Chiefs are playing so I can’t imagine not having the party.
    It was nice knowing you.

Load Metric

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

It was nice knowing you.

I already had Covid around Thanksgiving lol.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Unreal. Germany of Florida? You can't fix dumb.

Thread Information