Thread: Screech is DD

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Cancer is often quick but damn, that didn’t fuck around. I’m guessing he ignored a lot of shit for years, which is understandable being 44. You aren’t thinking lung cancer. Probably thought he had some lingering respiratory infection.

Load Metric
    article in the post said he had a lump on his neck but refused to get it checked out because of paparazzi/negative press, sounds like he was super sensitive to that shit. cannot confirm obv

Comments

BCR: Clarification. Didn’t read. Just assumed if it was tmz they had story right. They usually do unless you’re little Wayne.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    fuck Zack, Slater, Kelly, Lisa and Jesse for not allowing him back in the reunion

Comments

splitthis:

desertrunner: Agree.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post
    article in the post said he had a lump on his neck but refused to get it checked out because of paparazzi/negative press, sounds like he was super sensitive to that shit. cannot confirm obv
    He should have listened to Druff’s colon journey and been more proactive.

Load Metric
    I remember as a teenager/young adult, the message about cancer was basically either "tough luck" or "lifestyle/you earned it". As most of us here are around (10ish yrs either way) Diamond's age, I would think some could relate. Clearly, like many other things, its really starting to seem like genetics is the primary factor, especially for those under 60ish. Seems like now, if you have a strong family history of it, you should probably be proactive about cancer screenings starting in your thirties.

I'm lucky to have zero instances of cancer in my family tree for as far back as we know. If I get it, it will solidly fall into "I earned it" category.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I remember as a teenager/young adult, the message about cancer was basically either "tough luck" or "lifestyle/you earned it". As most of us here are around (10ish yrs either way) Diamond's age, I would think some could relate. Clearly, like many other things, its really starting to seem like genetics is the primary factor, especially for those under 60ish. Seems like now, if you have a strong family history of it, you should probably be proactive about cancer screenings starting in your thirties.

I'm lucky to have zero instances of cancer in my family tree for as far back as we know. If I get it, it will solidly fall into "I earned it" category.
    In general, people hate the idea of how much genetics controls things in their lives, because human beings are conditioned to believe that "good behavior equals good results, bad behavior equals bad results".

Remember MLB player Chris Duncan? Died of brain cancer at 38, just like his mom who died young of the same thing.

With that said, Screech lived pretty irresponsibly, so who knows what the fuck he did to himself. When I see a celebrity type (even a washed up one) dies early, my mind always goes to wondering what they did to cause it.

He may have just run bad. A guy I went to high school and temple with -- very smart and responsible dude -- also just died a few months ago of brain cancer. Same age as me. Just ran awful.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Cool

Wow....
    wowwwwww...

I am Blessed. ...that's all.. ty.... wow.

The less I know about it all the better tbh...
    RIP Screech. thanks for the laughs...

Druff. Ty. I am Gladder... ; 0/

Comments

Dan Druff: glad you made it
    Last edited by shoeshine box; 02-01-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Load Metric
    Name:  dustindiamond.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  91.6 KB

Gone too soon.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Was a big Saved by the Bell fan as a kid. The new one on Peacock isn’t as bad as you’d think. Not great, but worth a watch if you were into the original. Lisa and Screech are definitely the outcasts.

Lisa has had mental health/addiction issues, but was happy to see they brought her on for a short scene in the remake. Was bummed Screech got nothing in the first season. Hoping they got some of him in Season 2 before he went tits up.

Mario Lopez has been on the “Screech and I are best buds” tour ever since he got sick. Seems like the rest of the group doesn’t give a shit.

I guess being a solid 2+ years younger filming a show as an early teen will make you feel like an outsider.

He was pretty great though on the show. So glad they switched up the cast after this initial crap pilot.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

In general, people hate the idea of how much genetics controls things in their lives, because human beings are conditioned to believe that "good behavior equals good results, bad behavior equals bad results".

Remember MLB player Chris Duncan? Died of brain cancer at 38, just like his mom who died young of the same thing.

With that said, Screech lived pretty irresponsibly, so who knows what the fuck he did to himself. When I see a celebrity type (even a washed up one) dies early, my mind always goes to wondering what they did to cause it.

He may have just run bad. A guy I went to high school and temple with -- very smart and responsible dude -- also just died a few months ago of brain cancer. Same age as me. Just ran awful.
    When the story first came out Diamond had claimed he had stayed in some pretty shady hotels and crap some of which he was sure was exposing him to black mold among other things. Black mold is already a known toxin exposure and there has been some research showing it may have carcinogenic properties as well. There’s plenty of possibilities but exposure to toxic shit like black mold certainly didn’t help him any.

Part of the story indicated it may have started with a possible “lump” in his neck which may have more then likely been a lymph node that was a potential sentinel to the cancer cancer growing within him. It’s why when they suspect cancer especially in the chest or neck areas they will biopsy or remove a lymph node near the tumor to check for spread as most often metastatic disease spreads via the lymph system in the body.

Load Metric
    Always thought, pre-dirty sanchez and pre-stabbing, that it would fucking suck to be this guy.

Still looked just like his nerdy character who was the punching bag for a cast of hotter, younger people and probably had innumerable interactions with fans based off of that alone. Unlike most of the other cast (minus Lark Voorhies, I think), he never had other work and was dead broke.

Then to get AIDS and die at 44? A sad life indeed; only sap I think of who is worse off is that cuck Mickeycrimm.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Always thought, pre-dirty sanchez and pre-stabbing, that it would fucking suck to be this guy.

Still looked just like his nerdy character who was the punching bag for a cast of hotter, younger people and probably had innumerable interactions with fans based off of that alone. Unlike most of the other cast (minus Lark Voorhies, I think), he never had other work and was dead broke.

Then to get AIDS and die at 44? A sad life indeed; only sap I think of who is worse off is that cuck Mickeycrimm.
    Actually he was younger than the rest of the cast, not older.

I did watch the Saved By the Bell Unauthorized True Story, as I found it on YouTube. It was made in 2014 and aired on Lifetime, and Diamond was very involved in it. In fact, the story was told from Screech's point of view.

It was pretty bad, and deservedly got a lot of criticism. It also didn't present anything salacious, despite the "unauthorized" language in the title.

However, it did show some aspects of Diamond's life which were most likely true. The rest of the cast didn't get along with him (partially due to the age difference, partially because he was kind of a weirdo), the general public treated him as "Screech" and not as someone who deserved respect, and he was made into a joke. The movie also depicted a situation where some failed actor befriended him, took pictures of him doing drugs and acting foolish, and threatened to release them unless Diamond got him work.

Most of the movie wasn't made very well, though. Some parts were simply really difficult to swallow, such as his relationship with his father. Diamond's father was portrayed as a gruff guy who had no faith in Dustin's desire to be an actor. However, once Dustin became successful, the father was still acting like a dick (despite the fact that his only previous criticism of the acting was Dustin's lack of success, not the profession itself), and then all of a sudden turned on a dime and was very supportive. This was never explained or fleshed out, like so many other plot points in the movie.

Oh, also Mark-Paul Gosselaar had actual feelings for Lark Voorhees, but she was too religious to mess around much with him, and eventually in-show drama tore them apart. Or something.

I'd have posted the movie here, but YouTube already took it down and replaced it with something you have to buy (lol).

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Saved by the Bell guru. Jesse > Kelly

Load Metric
    I’ve never watched a full episode of this show. This is where a few years difference makes a big difference. Whole cast was 5 years younger and show was the last thing you’d ever watch in college, which i was starting when this started. I’ve seen so many clips I feel like I know it.

Strange as 90210 started a year later, but was watched by many, probably because the actors were playing high school kids, but all older or my age, the one chick being 30s, and dealt with more adult things.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

LOL at cucks like you. Bitch you couldn't beat the flies off your ass. No one around here is a match for your natural stupidity.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Man, another COVID death.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Man, another COVID death.

THANKS ALOT JOE BIDEN!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Dustin Diamond then Hal Holbrook, who will be the next alliterative actor angel?

Thread Information