Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying Silver, 2021

Load Metric

Question Buying Silver, 2021

Over the last year, I have been buying silver on eBay just because I liked the various designs on the 1 oz bars. I didnt take it serious then and viewed it as "break even collection". As of today, it looks like each bar has doubled in value.

Do you consider this a flash in the pan or a long term rise and solid investment?

An idea of the silver pieces I have been buying...

Load Metric
    You didn’t happen to give Druff 30 of those to sell out tine our lord and savior?

Comments

desertrunner: No, not yet.

Crowe Diddly: kiss on the cheek rep

Sanlmar: Judas :noosed himself.

Walter Sobchak: lol

gimmick:

garrett: FUCK Sonatine, had to be said, and we all did NOT, at all, enjoy that fat messes constant ughh here...

nunbeater: lmao

Gordman: This. And i have a feeling garret is the only one who didn't enjoy him here...

Load Metric
    looks nice, and it gives a secure feeling knowing it should hold its value (buying / selling commission discounted)

the problem i have with gold, silver, platinum, etc is that it doesn't pay a dividend or interest and it requires storage space...i see it as purely a speculative play with an inflation hedge, and given the tax policy and handouts of the last few administrations, the idea has some merit.

as one of the older posters here, my values run more towards security & income than a lot of the other PFA'ers

i'd much rather invest in a big market leader like CocaCola, Proctor & Gamble, Pfizer, etc--a world without those companies is one I don't think would be very much worth living in...
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    the problem i have with gold, silver, platinum, etc is that it doesn't pay a dividend or interest and it requires storage space...i see it as purely a speculative play with an inflation hedge, and given the tax policy and handouts of the last few administrations, the idea has some merit.

as one of the older posters here, my values run more towards security & income than a lot of the other PFA'ers

i'd much rather invest in a big market leader like CocaCola, Proctor & Gamble, Pfizer, etc--a world without those companies is one I don't think would be very much worth living in...
    Im in the same boat as you and have a rather well balanced and healthy portfolio. I only bought the silver as a fun side interest as I've always just liked it and never expected a run on it like were seeing now.

Some other's opinions on the silver run...

Reddit/WSB is not switching to Silver. They are still talking about holding GME. This is fake news from the hedge funds to get people to sell GME. The main giveaway is that its Sunday, the average trader doesnt have access to after hours and pre market trading.
    The investors on Reddit are not stupid. And a play on silver is stupid. Don't fall for it.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: its fun to look at silver bars & think "I own this!"

Load Metric

Buying Silver, 2021

Ive been trying to Druff to comment on precious metals for awhile now and get his take. Maybe soon?

GrenadaRoger: its fun to look at silver bars & think "I own this!"
    Yes, it is.

Last edited by desertrunner; 02-01-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    i'm an expert at metal and silver is alright but it's gay

Load Metric
    If it has doubled in value, sell half so you've broken even, then freeroll the rest.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    The runup in the price of silver is because of the Reddit group, just like the GameStop stock (google for more info).
    I do hope that the price skyrockets since I've been collecting Australian kookaburras for many years, collecting silver can be a fun hobby that won't likely lose money over the long term, but also won't likely grow like the S&P either.

Load Metric
    As of right now, silver is $29.18 an ounce.

Silver coins appear to be sold out everywhere.

Whatever supply is available tomorrow will be quickly gone.

Silver should at least double in price this week.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeCaboom View Post
    The runup in the price of silver is because of the Reddit group, just like the GameStop stock (google for more info).
    I do hope that the price skyrockets since I've been collecting Australian kookaburras for many years, collecting silver can be a fun hobby that won't likely lose money over the long term, but also won't likely grow like the S&P either.
    https://www.ft.com/content/28642b88-...f-2dd75f303611

https://www.ft.com/content/d46e8623-...5-207616388b0f

yes, r/wallstreetbets has a new target, silver up to $30 / oz, a 10% rise in the last few days?; other articles found online say a Gamestop like run-up is unlikely because the silver market is much larger than the market for single stock...
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 02-01-2021 at 04:16 AM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeCaboom View Post
    https://www.ft.com/content/28642b88-...f-2dd75f303611

https://www.ft.com/content/d46e8623-...5-207616388b0f

yes, r/wallstreetbets has a new target, silver up to $30 / oz, a 10% rise in the last few days?; other articles found online say a Gamestop like run-up is unlikely because the silver market is much larger than the market for single stock...

Confirmed. This is in part a WSB thing. It’s been widely speculated that some of the banks on behalf of governments have been shorting gold/silver for years. The idea is it helps the ability to print money and keep down the appearance of inflation.

Something like 40% of every USD has been printed in the last year (I read that on the internet so it has to Be true). In the middle of a pandemic Real Estate, baseball cards, food are all higher to way the fuck higher. It makes sense that oil is same/less because there is a huge year over year drop in demand.... but Gold/Silver you would think would go from 25 an oz to ~37 and gold 1800 to ~2500 (very round numbers just on inflation not demand).

Supposedly there is a plan, which others will jump in on, to buy as many contracts as possible and actually take delivery. The physical silver doesn’t exist to settle the contracts already written.

Everyone is going to front run this and physical silver “could” hit the all time high.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Over the last year, I have been buying silver on eBay just because I liked the various designs on the 1 oz bars. I didnt take it serious then and viewed it as "break even collection". As of today, it looks like each bar has doubled in value.

Do you consider this a flash in the pan or a long term rise and solid investment?

For the same amount of money you do realize, Bitcoin is a much better "Inflation hedge" with a lot more upside imo, right.

Although I think you did miss this last big and permanent (imo) move from 10k up to now about 30k per coin. So the boat may have sailed, on you being able to get into Bitcoin now. For a similar investment, as it would be buying a bunch of Silver (LOL) and im not necc. hating on the idea, it does have merit, is a legitimate Commodity, so its not a waste of time and money at all I don't think. But your upward Mobility is severely limited with silver, an d yeah it might double or say triple as it has now, but other then that how high do you really think the Market will let lol, Sliver go dude????

All the talk, and hype is Bitcoin is the "inflationary hedge" atm, and the future. Not lol Silver, but hey its not the worst idea either, but glgl...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    You didn’t happen to give Druff 30 of those to sell out tine our lord and savior?
    No and I will leave it at this...

I can assure you and reassure you, not one of us actually cares that Sonatine isnt hear everyday smearing this board up with his bullshit. Im so glad the days of having to read his constant and ridiculous blockheaded approach, and lol to myself, actually finally being over now. And he stroked his own ego, as if he's actually an intelligent person. And im gonna say hes real lucky im a changed and nicer guy, because when I see him, I don't usually forget such miserable haters at all. He is a piece of shit, and no we all didn't enjoy his constant smearing of this board. Ugh but ive said my piece now, you all get my point. So ill stop digressing now. Just ugh, he's so fuckin gross, and not actually intelligent at all....

anyway carry on now =)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post

For the same amount of money you do realize, Bitcoin is a much better "Inflation hedge" with a lot more upside imo, right.

Although I think you did miss this last big and permanent (imo) move from 10k up to now about 30k per coin. So the boat may have sailed, on you being able to get into Bitcoin now. For a similar investment, as it would be buying a bunch of Silver (LOL) and im not necc. hating on the idea, it does have merit, is a legitimate Commodity, so its not a waste of time and money at all I don't think. But your upward Mobility is severely limited with silver, an d yeah it might double or say triple as it has now, but other then that how high do you really think the Market will let lol, Sliver go dude????

All the talk, and hype is Bitcoin is the "inflationary hedge" atm, and the future. Not lol Silver, but hey its not the worst idea either, but glgl...
    No offense bro, but before you got your insurance settlement you were a cab driver roaming in and out of jail. Now that you got your settlement you are this expert financial guy commenting all the time on stocks, bitcoin and now silver. How about you just take into consideration your wealth came from being run over by a car? Nobody gives a shit what some cab driver with a head injury thinks about investing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

No offense bro, but before you got your insurance settlement you were a cab driver roaming in and out of jail. Now that you got your settlement you are this expert financial guy commenting all the time on stocks, bitcoin and now silver. How about you just take into consideration your wealth came from being run over by a car? Nobody gives a shit what some cab driver with a head injury thinks about investing.

OK and so since your actually probably believing this to be true, im going to shut you up real quick and rightfully here now.

I studied fucking Economics at Rutgers dude, I can assure you when it comes to understanding, actually truly understanding the Markets. Ill fuckin blow most this place out of the water, literally. But ive always know that you all aren't even close to on my level intellect wise. But thats not the point and LOL that you think some money actually has fundamentally change me. It hasnt, im the same ole me, maybe your just taking a little more notice now. Because all that seems to matter to you loser, is someone's "worth", fk outta here, your way too basic for me, anyway...

Maybe you were just too stupid to actually see that yourself, or do you just think your so smart, its impossible for you to not realize something so obvious. God please, some are not even close to me, but im done digressing now. But I can ASSURE you im not the one, intellectually you wan t to mess with. Now have a nice day of course. Im going back to my nice me now, and I don't need to actually, enlighten you all to how fuckin blockheaded and stupid collectively many of you all are on this board. And you all actually think that fat slob, Sonatine, is bright>> Give me a fucking break, anyway. I never needed a little money to realize, im a bright guy and usually alot smarter both street wise, and book wise then many people. But I keep that to myself, usually.

Anyway ugh.......

Load Metric

OK and so since your actually probably believing this to be true, im going to shut you up real quick and rightfully here now.

I studied fucking Economics at Rutgers dude, I can assure you when it comes to understanding, actually truly understanding the Markets. Ill fuckin blow most this place out of the water, literally. But ive always know that you all aren't even close to on my level intellect wise. But thats not the point and LOL that you think some money actually has fundamentally change me. It hasnt, im the same ole me, maybe your just taking a little more notice now. Because all that seems to matter to you loser, is someone's "worth", fk outta here, your way too basic for me, anyway...

Maybe you were just too stupid to actually see that yourself, or do you just think your so smart, its impossible for you to not realize something so obvious. God please, some are not even close to me, but im done digressing now. But I can ASSURE you im not the one, intellectually you wan t to mess with. Now have a nice day of course. Im going back to my nice me now, and I don't need to actually, enlighten you all to how fuckin blockheaded and stupid collectively many of you all are on this board. And you all actually think that fat slob, Sonatine, is bright>> Give me a fucking break, anyway. I never needed a little money to realize, im a bright guy and usually alot smarter both street wise, and book wise then many people. But I keep that to myself, usually.

Anyway ugh.......
    LOL, Rutgers a commuter school. Up until a year ago you were driving a cab in Florida and bouncing in and out of detention centers. Yeah, you are a real economist. What a dope. Keep giving yourself financial advice because you are the only one listening.

Load Metric

Anyway ugh.......
    LOL, Rutgers a commuter school. Up until a year ago you were driving a cab in Florida and bouncing in and out of detention centers. Yeah, you are a real economist. What a dope. Keep giving yourself financial advice because you are the only one listening.

Umm again way wrong dude I havent actually been arrested in my life for a Felony fyi, im not a Felon dude...

Last time I actually got in any trouble was in 2010 I think. Pshhh over a decade ago, LOSER. But its hilarious how, you seem to have this whole (WAY WRONG) image of me in your head. Its so weak, and sad, dude point blank and im done with you and this after this. I fight chumps like you, on the way to fights =). Anyway when the Tgull parade is done smearing fake lies, ill come back the nice me again. But wow haha, Tgull couldn't be more wrong, and this impression he has and probably many due of me here. I can assure you all, im not the guy in real life you want to doubt as such, please dont. But honestly my life's in such a good place now, I dont have to argue and debate with morons from this board who still actually believe the 10 year old (largely troll) bullshit related to me, again not worth my time honestly...

And point blank I bet you didn't go to a better school then Rutgers. And id guess you def didnt study a Math based anything. your too dumb, but I could be wrong. So prove me wrong, where'd you go to school so much better then Rutgers????

Load Metric

Anyway ugh.......
    Again and im just going to prove you wrong once again here.

Rutgers is The State University of NJ. Its our State School dude remember im from New Jersey dude. And so me, after I got out of the ARMY I went back to college. But lol, I know you just know so much about me you literally know nothing. I went back to college after I got out of the ARMY Tgull. Again I enjoy this place without the constant, mindless troll as your clearly doing here, and its braindead shit. Point blank Tgull, I don't think you can beat me in an I.Q test, at all, not a chance in hell. And ill put money on it too, if you can come up with an easy place you and I both take an I.Q test. But let me guess, you'll just wiggle your way out of that, because your all mouth dude, very very little a actual mite =)......

Comments

IamGreek: Thanks for your service Sir!

Silver
    Load Metric
    Garrett I’ll put $500 on Tgull beating you in a I.Q. Test. Must escrow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Garrett I’ll put $500 on Tgull beating you in a I.Q. Test. Must escrow.

Where and when, and it has to be done in person. So I know its NOT being taken by someone else which is all I care about of course.

But mono y mono, ill fucking destroy him imo. So we can set something up. I just dont want this all, not to derail threads or chat on PFA of course. That would annoy Druff, but if hes game im sure we c ould work something out. And its gotta be done in person, with your ID. Im not even interested in something online, which obviously presumably someone else could take for him. But me vs. the cocky TGULL......

lol bring it on anytime, anywhere =)......

Thread Information