Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Official LOL San Francisco Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    People like Jimmy love to share San Francisco "violent crime statistics", and then compare it to other cities, in order to make it look like SF isn't a disaster.

Don't believe it.

The streets being littered with human shit and used needles is not included in violent crime statistics.

The incredible theft problem -- both against individuals and businesses -- is not included in violent crime statistics.

The homeless harassing people on the street is not included in violent crime statistics, unless it results in a violent confrontation.

SF has become a shithole, and the average person can no longer feel comfortable walking around there. This gives me no pleasure to write, as I used to like visiting SF every few years, and either walking around the city or taking the cable car (or both). I used to love the city as a tourist, despite my differing politics. Now I have no desire to do so, nor do I have the desire to expose Benjamin to it (who was so young last time we went, he doesn't remember it).

Load Metric

Official LOL San Francisco Thread

Druff- Like you, I did enjoy visiting SF. I often considered that concrete jungle a whole other world. Love to visit, but could never live there.

Add- my daughter went there for her birthday recently on a day trip. No problems reported as they roamed the city for the day.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca...%20all%20sizes.

The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in South Lake Tahoe is 1 in 36. Based on FBI crime data, South Lake Tahoe is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to California, South Lake Tahoe has a crime rate that is higher than 77% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.

#CheckMate

Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    If there’s one thing we all agree on up there, it’s that we hate people from the Bay Area. Treating us locals like we’re servants in some Third World country, trashing our beaches with their Starbucks vegan lattes and their Bud Light cans, causing traffic, and then talking about “sustainability” and “inclusiveness”. Please stay the fuck away.

Load Metric

Comments

country978: I'm sure they'll all be back. Nobody can stand these people

Load Metric
    Wow…

Load Metric
    This video posted 6 hours ago-

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post

seriously ?

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...=1#post1108524

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

seriously ?

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...=1#post1108524
    Sorry, I havent been in that thread yet? The threat title is misleading, so oh well.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Sorry, I havent been in that thread yet? The threat title is misleading, so oh well.

Its OK that dumbfuck JimmyG deserves to see it twice anyway

Comments

desertrunner: Ha, thanks.

Load Metric

Its OK that dumbfuck JimmyG deserves to see it twice anyway
    Name:  Alcatraz.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  2.05 MB

Load Metric
    S.F. public schools facing a $420 million deficit. Here's how it got so bad- https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...s-18562068.php

That’s a lot of money. Where did it all go? In addition to raises, district officials have funded a lot of programs and services across the district.

That includes language programs, career pathways, art, music, libraries, wellness centers, among other offerings, Wayne said.

Load Metric
    LOL, stupid city of SF, going woke hurt them.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It really is astounding how bad woke libs are at governing.

It is impossible to properly govern when your decisions are based upon the way you'd like things to be, rather than what actually is.

The left feels too much and thinks too little. That's a deadly combination when trying to run a city.

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

It is impossible to properly govern when your decisions are based upon the way you'd like things to be, rather than what actually is.

The left feels too much and thinks too little. That's a deadly combination when trying to run a city.
    What is astounding is that your neighbors in large numbers elect these people. Repeatedly. Ask why.

Remember that when discussing California’s government (or Trump / Biden for that matter) it is bottom up not top down.

I’ve never been a fan. Different areas of the country have different cultures for various reasons that often have to do with geography. California sucks and has continued to get worse at a very impressive rate.

It’s a shame but it is what it is. Awful

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Meanwhile, across the bay in Oakland things have gotten so bad that some big companies are advising their employees to bring their lunch instead of going out because it's so dangerous.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

What is astounding is that your neighbors in large numbers elect these people. Repeatedly. Ask why.

Remember that when discussing California’s government (or Trump / Biden for that matter) it is bottom up not top down.

I’ve never been a fan. Different areas of the country have different cultures for various reasons that often have to do with geography. California sucks and has continued to get worse at a very impressive rate.

It’s a shame but it is what it is. Awful
    I'm sure you remember when California was a red state. Republican Presidential candidates repeatedly through GW Bush's first election. The governors were Republican through the same time period. Hell, even in the early 2000s, a Democrat governor was successfully recalled (not over anything criminal, either), and then-Republican Arnold Schwartzenegger was elected -- twice.

It's more of a recent situation where California has become far left and woke.

But it's not even as woke as you think. It's become a disease of the big cities, which unfortunately suck up most of the population. Los Angeles and the entire Bay Area are definitely woke and awful, from a political and social standpoint. Almost all of the inland part of the state is still red, or at least purple. That's why there are a lot of Republican Congresspeople from California, yet Democrats absolutely dominate the state house to where Republicans basically have no say.

In short, the state is a lot more complex politically than outsiders believe. It's not a monolith of deep blue thought.

Where I live, there are actually more Republicans than Democrats. I could not bring myself to live in a woke area -- at least not while I have school aged children.

I check with Benjamin regarding any potential left wing propaganda at school. There isn't any. Fortunately he's not very susceptible to that stuff anyway. But it's not a thing in this area. And there's not one trans kid in the school, either. If you visited the school, you'd have a hard time telling the difference from the way it was 15 years ago (aside from the computers in the room), and that's a good thing.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    California is 4-6 years away from being a Red State for a few decades

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Sanlmar: Lol offset. Make an argument

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    California is 4-6 years away from being a Red State for a few decades
    I wish this were true, but I don't see it.

The only chance of this occurring would be if Hispanics continue to drift rightward, but I don't think that will occur in great enough numbers to counteract the huge advantage Democrats currently enjoy in the state.

Biden won by 29 points (!!) in 2020.

It has gotten very bad, though. California Republicans just don't win at the state level, which enables the state legislature to do whatever the fuck they want, with virtually zero accountability. It's not a good political situation, even if you are a Democrat. A government serving 40 million people should not be running with zero political accountability, but that's basically what's happening.

Thread Information