Thread: Gen-X'r Student Loan debt plight...

Load Metric

Gen-X'r Student Loan debt plight...

So this is one area being talked about a lot under Biden...

Thinking he may actually relieve up to 50k of their Student Loan debt. I don't think its ever going to happen yet, but at 41 it is my whole Generation that really is saddled, with the burden. In the 1990s that's kinda how you were, raised your were indebting your future. And while ok, the lackadaisical way it all unfolded isnt good for many. I think, in time at least up to 10k a Student if not up to 50k will be relieved eventually. Im just not sure the staunch ones, are quite ready yet (but its coming).....

opinions?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    So this is one area being talked about a lot under Biden...

Thinking he may actually relieve up to 50k of their Student Loan debt. I don't think its ever going to happen yet, but at 41 it is my whole Generation that really is saddled, with the burden. In the 1990s that's kinda how you were, raised your were indebting your future. And while ok, the lackadaisical way it all unfolded isnt good for many. I think, in time at least up to 10k a Student if not up to 50k will be relieved eventually. Im just not sure the staunch ones, are quite ready yet (but its coming).....

opinions?
    Shut up Garrett
    So she gave me sloppy toppy like the sloppy toppy goddess

Load Metric
    41 is the very youngest one could be a Gen X’er. I’ve read a lot about millennial college debt. For most gen x’ers, we were fortunate to go before it was extraordinarily expensive unless you went to a private school. To go to Ohio State or some classes here at home in the summer back then for undergrad, it was in a quarter system, and the whole year cost me basically $2k-$2500. MBA programs at private schools were $15k for two years.

If a generation x’er has student debt, it’s because they went back to school after 35 in most cases.

Load Metric

Gen-X'r Student Loan debt plight...

You take out a loan, you pay it back- credit card, gambling, auto or education.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 01-28-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    You take out a loan, you pay it back- credit card, auto or education.
    Tell that to your boy Trump.

Name:  DD4192BC-32B1-49CA-B54B-14FD297ECAE6.jpeg
Views: 275
Size:  142.3 KB

(And that doesn’t incluce the $300+ million loan from Deutche Bank real estate division in the 2000s that he ended up only paying back about $65 million using a loan from another division of the same bank.)
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    LOL- more TDS here. It’s not always about Trump.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Obviously can’t be a one time thing, once started it will be done over and over...which will lead to even more dummies borrowing more than they should and getting shit degrees.

They should just make payments a % of income or some shit....comes right outta your check.

Can’t or won’t find a job...then you get put on an ice flow....or job corps....whichever is worse

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    LOL- more TDS here. It’s not always about Trump.
    You dumbass! It’s about you, not Trump! Before you decry student loans, which currently cannot be dissolved under bankruptcy, be forgiven, you should decry that rich fucks like Trump can game the bankruptcy laws and courts to reneg on their debts. And in Trump’s case, that has amounted to well over a billion USD!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Somebody better give me some money back then. I downsized my home 150% to pay for my kids education. Don’t regret it, but fuck.

Better to address ridiculous cost of advanced education. These kids don’t need to go to schools that now look like resorts.

My kid has her graduate degree now, she had to pay for that with her better job from her undergraduate. She paid it off already living within her means and seeing what’s important.

Comments

herbertstemple:
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    pay day loans

Silver
    Load Metric
    Looks like it may be happening as Great Grandpa Joe is caving on the issue just in time for the Nov elections.

Freeing up another potential $1.6 trillion by forgiving debt. What could possibly go wrong here?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...cid=uxbndlbing

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Somebody better give me some money back then. I downsized my home 150% to pay for my kids education. Don’t regret it, but fuck.

Better to address ridiculous cost of advanced education. These kids don’t need to go to schools that now look like resorts.

My kid has her graduate degree now, she had to pay for that with her better job from her undergraduate. She paid it off already living within her means and seeing what’s important.
    Then you are a dumbass for not taking proper advantage of one of the few federal programs available for the middle class.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Then you are a dumbass for not taking proper advantage of one of the few federal programs available for the middle class.
    That’s ridiculous Mumbles.

Some parents took a second job. Kids worked during school. Parents took money out of savings like 401k.

This amounts to a tax cut and more money in the economy is exactly not the cure for inflation.

Biden really isn’t talking about a $2 trillion of forgiveness but maybe $10k or so but it’s still unamerican and dopey economics

On a note that is tenuously related at best. “The Tender Bar” on Amazon Prime. Yale Class of ‘86. Loved it.

Load Metric
    Been holding off on paying my remaining balance ($20k or so) throughout COVID with interest rates being paused. Held out hope thinking Dems may need an election push and some or all may get wiped out.

LOL splitthis getting cucked into downsizing her home for her crackhead daughter to go to community college.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Thread Information