Thread: Kidney Stones

Load Metric

Kidney Stones

A friend (50) just had them for the third time. He has to finally give up Mountain Dew and Monster energy drinks. He said it felt like getting struck in the belly with a baseball bat, extremely painful.

I’ve never had them, yet. Other friends and family members have, very painful.

I do not want Druff to get them, but his true life stories are awesome.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 01-27-2021 at 10:00 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    A friend (50) just had them for the third time. He has to finally give up Mountain Dew and Monster energy drinks. He said it felt like getting struck in the belly with a baseball bat, extremely painful.

I’ve never had them, yet. Other friends and family members have, very painful.

I do not want Druff to get them, but his true life stories are awesome.
    Knew a few people that had the over the past few months.

The doctors don't have a clue what causes them I don't care what they say.

Seems to be something that happens to you as you age - some sort of slowly materializing defect in your kidney imo. Just basic body/organ atrophy. i.e. sciatica, insulin resistance, eyesight problems, etc.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: getting old is not for sissys

Load Metric
    So, I've had 7 of them. I've had 2 different types of surgery to get rid of them. I've passed the others. The most recent was last April. I know more about them than anyone would ever care to know. The one thing I can tell you is that it has nothing to do with age. I had my first one in my early 30s. They are caused by diet any your body just making them. There are a few different types of them, with Calcium Oxylate being the most prevalent and the one my body makes. With the type I have, It is important to DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Also avoid, tea (except green tea), Spinach, large amounts of Coffee, Dark Colas, many types of nuts and large amounts of protein. Which as you see is difficult to do. So, I just deal with it the best I can.

The most troubling thing is that I have literally gotten conflicting information from doctors, sometimes in the same day. The fact is they really don't know what they say they know.

Comments

JimmyG_415: No one cares

Load Metric
    Thank you Cerveza, good info.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    i dealt with kidney stones one time. Pain was so intense I legit thought I had cancer. and that was before I had to pass them. lmao at your friend

Load Metric
    I've always been terrified of these, based on reports from anyone in my life who has dealt with them.

Thankfully no family history.

Hearing a story from someone years back inspired me to drink a shitload more water; no idea if this actually helps to prevent them but a healthy habit to develop nonetheless.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    i dealt with kidney stones one time. Pain was so intense I legit thought I had cancer. and that was before I had to pass them. lmao at your friend
    They’re worse than cancer tbh. I was walking across living room one moment, on my knees wondering why it felt like someone stabbed me in the low back the next. Glad it was only once. I feel for cerveza. My cousin gets them like him. Needs to have them broken up by ultrasound or whatever they use most of the time. Fuck that.

Pretty sure 30 is like peak age and the chance of them lessens as you get past middle age.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I've always been terrified of these, based on reports from anyone in my life who has dealt with them.

Thankfully no family history.

Hearing a story from someone years back inspired me to drink a shitload more water; no idea if this actually helps to prevent them but a healthy habit to develop nonetheless.
    One thing I do is drink Gatorade and Powerade. But once I drink down a third to half a bottle, I’ll add water to it. I like them watered down and not so thick. And I get my water too.

Thread Information