Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: r/wallstreetbets and GME

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Such as by begging for enough money for a weekend hotel room in Vegas?

Not asking for money. Asking for a comp.

And yea. I have created award winning content for these family of sites longer than you could lick a 17 year old's twink hole during after prom in a pitch black office floor over looking the Empire State Building.

With this content, I solicit donations and revenue which until recently have not be materializing. You straight people chased away all the donators as well as the most glorious philanthropist, the PFA's Sheldon Adelson RIP, Cmoney. Now we have homeless people that travel in trailers, flashlight enthusiasts and political trolling.

Some upload content on Youtube, some on IG, some on OF, and I choose to do it here.

I hope new legislation comes out with this new administration where all forums owners must set aside funds, like a tax, to distribute among all LGBT content creators, in addition to their hosting fees and running their sites at a loss. Comps to hotels on the strip are acceptable too.

Oh and I asked for 3 days not a weekend. Facts matter.
    On a daily basis you shatter the myth about kikes being funny/ great comics
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    I hate to break this to everyone but ....

1. Very few average joe reddit users actually made a ton of money
    2. The people behind this had a well laid plan and kicked it off knowing they'd make tons of money
    3.Those same people are now playing it for what its worth and shamelessly taking in ad dollars promoting things such as social media platforms as if they mattered
    4.Those behind this also made sure to be out of reach of US auth.

Don't get me wrong, damage was done to the shorts but regardless of how much damage the real winners are the people shouting the system is rigged and using the masses to profit making them essentially as bad as wallstreet itself imo.

Y'all being tricked by a business a business that points fingers at the other business y'all being tricked by.

Play safe, we all know everything come back to earth.

Don't read the headlines and think THAT is the story. Its not about Robinhood stopping trades (its in there damn TOS people) it isnt about someone shorting a stock and likely correctly to make money.. its about how stupid the general pop. is to think some goof in Mexico cares so much about you.

And dont tell me about some guy you know has a cousin who made X...10's of millions of people jumped on this, last time I checked the average profit was minimal.
    this guy's right

the media has dumbed down the story here...just why I am not sure if it's because they don't understand it or they think the viewing public can't...but do some reading of real journalistic sources (Vanity Fair, Time, Newsweek) and a couple of other facts come out

1 - the tussle isn't all small guys versus big guys...lots of small investors are shorting/selling off, and lots of hedge funds are going long to be a part of the squeeze. it has turned into a free for all with everyone out for themselves.
    2 - Robinhood restriction of purchases has a lot to do with their running out of capital / credit risk and margin percentage increases put on them by the stock clearing house...stocks bought through Robinhood are done on a credit basis with payment/settlement due 2 days after the transaction. So much action of Robinhood has been in one direction that the lending ability of Robinhood has been exhausted.
    3 - the delays in processing transaction due to margin/clearing house issues are frequent with big trades by large institutional investors...but these delays/obstructions are a new experience for small investors, hence a lot of anger with a place to make it heard in public.
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 01-30-2021 at 08:13 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    I’m not a financial guru, so feel free to correct me as I’m sure I’m missing something, but isn’t the big winner here the company these guys rally behind and those holding options?

If this were to continue to be a thing, wouldn’t there be an incentive for a company to almost cook the books in a manner they aren’t traditionally accused of, hoping people short you, so that you can then bring it to the attention of Redditors and let them drive your price up rather risk free? I’ve seen the shit-eating grins on a few CEOs where this happened organically and started to wonder if there would be an attempt to create this scenario inorganically in the future?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    One request

If some of you could just stop with the back and forth arguing that is more or less irrelevant to the topic, I would appreciate it.

I really dont want to be scrolling through tons of posts that have nothing to do with the topic, because i can see that this is what it is going to turn into at this rate.

Thank you

Load Metric
    Plenty of other companies to replace Robinhood.

SoFi
    Public
    CashApp
    WeBull

Load Metric
    The Hedge Fund Genius Who Started GameStop’s 4,800% Rally Now Calls It “Unnatural, Insane, And Dangerous”

But his net worth more than tripled.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoine...and-dangerous/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’m not a financial guru, so feel free to correct me as I’m sure I’m missing something, but isn’t the big winner here the company these guys rally behind and those holding options?

If this were to continue to be a thing, wouldn’t there be an incentive for a company to almost cook the books in a manner they aren’t traditionally accused of, hoping people short you, so that you can then bring it to the attention of Redditors and let them drive your price up rather risk free? I’ve seen the shit-eating grins on a few CEOs where this happened organically and started to wonder if there would be an attempt to create this scenario inorganically in the future?
    Legally most legit employees with a title cannot sell until the next quarter. This is not to say someone with a random 100 shares in the mailroom can't sell, they can. But any executive is probably restricted to sell until at least April, then they have to disclose in advance. By that time the stock will be back to $15 or so.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

By sitting in your fucking basement playing poker while you send your wife out to work in Covid-19? Yeah, you are a real stand up guy. You are the fucking last guy that should be talking about values. Now go arm bar your buddy.
    wife quit her job last march

whats it like to be a skinny fat selfish pussy who only cares about himself?

i used to admire you and your trolling

but more i get to know you the more i think you're not even a troll but an actual piece of shit

just a pure shitbag piece of shit
    You wrestle grown men in tights, and actually brag about it.

Comments

big dick: shinny fat pussy

splitthis: Offset and a tomato is coming bd way

Load Metric

Comments

Walter Sobchak: New Yorker cartoons FTW

Load Metric

Load Metric

The opposite is true too, this high price would crush anyone who 'Shorted' this stock, meaning they bet its price being lower. And 'Shorting' does happen, and Professionals use shorting to their advantage/strategy. But what you have here generally is a bunch of people driving this GME stocks price absurdly high intentionally, its artificial now though of course. And so anyone getting involved knows that reality too, but Markets are actually not always 'Rational' and these things actually happen. Now so far as its not done intentionally, or to alter the Market it happens. Its par for the course in a sense, and just the world we live in now. And Wall. St. and the SEC know this, and will handle this accordingly in due time. But it shows how collectively a smallish group is able to affect a stocks price, and Market therefor as a whole. Which is actually fascinating really in ways. lol Redditt may have turned out to be actually good for something if it identifies this vulnerability in the Markets I guess haha....

sub redditt's altering the NYSE wowie, haha ok moving along now =)

Load Metric
    The Robinhood story is a sideshow to the actual story.

The endgame here is the regulators need to step in and prevent any one security from having a short float over 100%, if not less. For years hedge funds have profited from this but it’s clear now what the risks are.

What’s amazing to me is how many 30-40 year olds remember families being wiped out by the housing crash in 2008 and view this as the chance to extract revenge. A good friend of mine who was a poker “hundred thousandare” in his 20’s from poker lost it all. He’s deep into “the resistance” to the point where he has slept 9 hours the whole week. He’s bordering on manic, if not there already. He’s up 400% this past two weeks and he’s not selling. He’s convinced that they are bringing down wallstreet. He has max leverage on a combo of call options on the meme stocks equally offset by BTC and BTC stocks like MTSR. Feels if GSE CEO issues new shares for 10-20B it will all go into a BTC treasury.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

The endgame here is the regulators need to step in and prevent any one security from having a short float over 100%, if not less. For years hedge funds have profited from this but it’s clear now what the risks are.

What’s amazing to me is how many 30-40 year olds remember families being wiped out by the housing crash in 2008 and view this as the chance to extract revenge. A good friend of mine who was a poker “hundred thousandare” in his 20’s from poker lost it all. He’s deep into “the resistance” to the point where he has slept 9 hours the whole week. He’s bordering on manic, if not there already. He’s up 400% this past two weeks and he’s not selling. He’s convinced that they are bringing down wallstreet. He has max leverage on a combo of call options on the meme stocks equally offset by BTC and BTC stocks like MTSR. Feels if GSE CEO issues new shares for 10-20B it will all go into a BTC treasury.

And this is exactly why, how, when, what Bitcoin was actually born all about...

I could go on and on, and make a whole bunch of actually plausible reasons why Bitcoin may actually be the U.S Goverment... "Satoshi Nakamoto" and therefore Bitcoin is actually entirely, a super high level most Top secret (well initially) of Projects, and maybe just for that. To 'Litmus' test us or Society as a whole, and how we would accept, and treat a value system (or 'money') other then FIat. and I think 2008 and the worst Economic collapse since the Great depression in America may have actually, or could have spring boarded the entire 'Project' and what we now know as Bitcoin itself. So what im saying is actually, Bitcoin itself could entirely be a U.S Government created 'widget' in a sense........

;-)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Tell him to get out and be thankful. He's going to get crushed.

Comments

OSA: YOU JUST HAVE WEAK PAPER HANDS BRO. I GOT DIAMOND HANDS AND I LIKE THIS STOCK

Cerveza Fria: He needs to Get out and get out now!

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Legally most legit employees with a title cannot sell until the next quarter. This is not to say someone with a random 100 shares in the mailroom can't sell, they can. But any executive is probably restricted to sell until at least April, then they have to disclose in advance. By that time the stock will be back to $15 or so.
    They can issue new shares though that shirts are required to cover and at an inflated value, correct? The company.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  77ipvsnqjpe61.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  164.8 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    BTW, I've been reading about a theory that a certain portion (which could be substantial) of the GME shares could be counterfeit. This is obv purely conjecture, but compelling arguments were made. This could explain alot of things going on and could amount to a nuclear shitstorm if true and proven.

I'll try to post what I read later on when I have more time.

Load Metric
    Analyst says AMC stock now a ‘sell’ as price target drops to $1

https://nypost.com/2021/02/01/analys...et-drops-to-1/

Buy it when it becomes a penny stock.

All the theater owners are going to be fucked.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    i just pussied out and sold my AMC shares for a net profit of -628. you're welcome, now it's going to 30 dollars by friday

Comments

OSA: Not worth holding any longer

Load Metric
    It's below $100.

How's everybody doing now?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information