Thread: Nick Sandmann versus Lin Wood

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Nick Sandmann versus Lin Wood

https://www.theblaze.com/news/nick-s...awyer-lin-wood

https://twitter.com/N1ckSandmann/status/1353876911773130753

Basically Sandmann was unhappy with Lin Wood's crazy tweet about Pence deserving to face a firing squad, and let him know it publicly. This caused a complete collapse in their relationship.

The only thing I can't figure out is what Lin Wood said about him. The only thing I see is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lin Wood
    My alma mater Mercer Law School turned on me. I have suffered politically motivated attacks on my law license and my previously pristine record of professionalism. I have been threatened by others to take efforts to have me jailed and prosecuted for a rhetorical hyperbolic post about Mike Pence. No client had abandoned me but I expect Nicholas Sandmann may do so as he be feeling the pressure from members of [Senate Minority Leader] Mitch McConnell's team on which Nicholas worked this cycle. I have had serious threats of harm and death made against me and my family. My family has abandoned me. But I am not alone. I have We The People who have showered me with messages which inspire me and comfort me. In the end, my efforts have always been for We The People. Until and unless they silence me by imprisonments or death, I will not stop fighting for We The People, for honest elections, for freedom, and for the hundreds of thousands of little children who are being abused, molested, and sacrificed for the demonic pleasures of very evil people in the world - including leaders in our government.
    Sandmann was represented by Lin Wood in his lawsuits against various media, and two have been settled -- one against CNN, one against the Washington Post. The amount of settlement was never disclosed.

For those who don't remember, Sandmann was the "MAGA Hat Teen" who was in a viral video, grinning at an older Native American man chanting in front of him. For reasons I never understood, this "grinning" caused outrage and Sandmann was portrayed as an awful racist harassing the Native guy. When the rest of the video was released, the story quickly changed, as it became clear that Sandmann was actually the victim -- being harassed by a group of "Black Hebrew Israelites" and the Native man himself. The grin, which some mistook for being smug or mocking, was actually an uncomfortable grin in response to the Native guy banging a drum and chanting in his face.

Sandmann sued various news outlets for portraying him as an evil racist.

Gold
    Load Metric
    A couple years ago when Sandman was suing CNN, Mark Geragos (a fairly notorious celebrity lawyer) and Adam Corolla were talking about the case on a podcast they do together, and Geragos remarked that irrespective of Wood's politics he was actually very good at what he does, which is mainly high profile defamation cases.

However, the Lin Wood of the past year or so does not seem competent at all. He seems as crazy and unhinged as the people storming the capitol. Either Geragos was way off in his estimation of Wood, or he really fell off the deep end and lost it in the last year or so.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    A couple years ago when Sandman was suing CNN, Mark Geragos (a fairly notorious celebrity lawyer) and Adam Corolla were talking about the case on a podcast they do together, and Geragos remarked that irrespective of Wood's politics he was actually very good at what he does, which is mainly high profile defamation cases.

However, the Lin Wood of the past year or so does not seem competent at all. He seems as crazy and unhinged as the people storming the capitol. Either Geragos was way off in his estimation of Wood, or he really fell off the deep end and lost it in the last year or so.
    I've also wondered this. Recently Lin Wood and Sidney Powell have seen so nuts that it's hard to picture them as competent high-profile attorneys. But apparently they both were very recently. Did they crack under all the pressure?

Rudy Guiliani, on the other hand, has seemed to have been in mental decline for awhile. This was definitely a guy who should have taken his ball and gone home after his term as NYC Mayor ended in 2001. He would have died a legend had he done that.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

He wasn't actually very good at high profile defamation cases. He couldn't even convince a jury that Elon Musk calling that guy a "pedo" on twitter was defamatory. I think losing that case broke whatever was left of his lawyer brain, resulting in the incompetent mess of a human being he is today.

Also, doubt he got more than low 6-figures from from CNN/WaPo over the Sandmann case. Pure nuisance early litigation "go away" offers that he was lucky to get. Total phony shit lawyer.

Thread Information