Thread: Weird NY Times firing of reporter Lauren Wolfe, supposedly for pro-Biden tweets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Weird NY Times firing of reporter Lauren Wolfe, supposedly for pro-Biden tweets

The NY Times, which always leaned left, has become unabashedly left-biased over the past 5-6 years.

That's why I was shocked when I read the accusation that they fired reporter Lauren Wolfe over pro-Biden tweets.

Here's a Yahoo article about the situation: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...172626273.html

The two tweets in question involve one which said she had "chills" watching Biden's plane land as he was flying to the inauguration, and the other (now deleted) which wrongly accused Trump of refusing to send a military plane to pick up Biden. (It turned out that Biden himself chose to take his own plane there.)

The Times is refusing to comment on the firing.

Left wing journalist Yashar Ali claimed on Twitter that the firings occurred due to these two tweets, and the "right wingers" pressured the times to make it happen. Of course, this raises several questions:

1) Since when has the NY Times cared what "right wingers" think?

2) How could the Times have fired Wolfe for these mild tweets, when the entire paper and staff has been so unabashedly anti-Trump and pro-Biden?

3) Are there perhaps other much more valid reasons for this firing, which are being suppressed by Wolfe and/or Yashar Ali?

Oddly Wolfe is still surprisingly pro-NYT, despite the fact that she was supposedly fired for complete bullshit reasons:

https://twitter.com/Wolfe321/status/1353248028484890624

Wolfe's recent tweets downplay the firing, and instead she's focusing upon idiotic messages she's getting from moron right wing trolls. While I admit that trolls shouldn't be harassing her, it seems bizarre that her focus is on random internet losers rather than the newspaper which supposedly royally screwed her.

As presented, I agree she shouldn't have been fired, nor should these "right wingers" have pressured the NY Times to do so.

However, much like the situation with "whisleblower" Rebekah Jones, I have a feeling there's more to this story.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By the way, this is NOT the same Lauren Wolfe as the one who appeared on PFA radio, who has a crusade against resort fees.

While that Lauren Wolfe is also liberal, and they somewhat look alike, it's a different person.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    By the way, this is NOT the same Lauren Wolfe as the one who appeared on PFA radio, who has a crusade against resort fees.

While that Lauren Wolfe is also liberal, and they somewhat look alike, it's a different person.
    She’s the one with the hairy butt hole #itgrowsbackfast

Comments

Jayjami: I laughed
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thinking about it a bit more, I think it's some kind of insubordination thing. They probably told her not to do something and she did it anyway.

There's a decent chance that it's about the now-deleted tweet about Trump refusing Biden to use the military plane. That ended up being false. Maybe they told her it sounded like BS and not to tweet it, and she did anyway.

I think there's almost a zero point zero chance she was fired for tweeting that she had "chills" as Biden's plane landed.

Load Metric
    Druff- thanks for sharing this.

Comments

adamantium: why

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like I was correct.

This was a case of insubordination.

Load Metric
    Let’s not forget a far left think tank actually fired a guy for tweeting about wishing Pence would be killed by Biden. Does the left suddenly have a conscious or afraid they’re gonna get smashed for their hypocrisy??

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Let’s not forget a far left think tank actually fired a guy for tweeting about wishing Pence would be killed by Biden. Does the left suddenly have a conscious or afraid they’re gonna get smashed for their hypocrisy??
    100% this wasn't an ideological firing.

It was probably something like, "You are tweeting too much unverified bullshit and making us look bad. Please stop, or we will have to let you go."

Then she did it again (with the Biden being denied a military jet thing) and they had enough, and canned her.

Then the story blew up into this viral thing, and now she's afraid to admit she just couldn't control herself when it came to tweeting, so she's trying to deflect attention to the "right wing trolls" attacking her, and telling everyone to lay off the Times.

It seems pretty obvious to me that she knows she fucked up, and kinda wants the story to go away.

Load Metric
    Thinking about it a bit more, I think it's some kind of insubordination thing. They probably told her not to do something and she did it anyway.

There's a decent chance that it's about the now-deleted tweet about Trump refusing Biden to use the military plane. That ended up being false. Maybe they told her it sounded like BS and not to tweet it, and she did anyway.

I think there's almost a zero point zero chance she was fired for tweeting that she had "chills" as Biden's plane landed.

Looks like you were indeed correct - insubordination. She pretty much admitted so. See this article:https://www.foxnews.com/media/fired-...sal-reputation

Cliffs: 1) Fired New York Times editor says paper lying about reason for dismissal after pro-Biden tweet
    2) Wolfe told the Post a manager from the company had dismissed her because the Times could not be associated with the tweet.
    3) Wolfe admitted she had received a warning from the same manager in the months prior over another tweet in which she had equated the opposition to mask-wearing by conservative men to ‘toxic masculinity’. Yet,
    Wolfe rebutted that the manager explained that her tweets were "borderline" and other people at the Times admitted to having done "worse."

Load Metric
    The New York Times is pure whacko journalism. They are insane. Do you remember last June, 2020 when the Opinion Editor resigned over all the backlash he caught from Dems and the far left for the counter-opinion piece by Tom Cotton that the National Guard should be used to quell the rioting going on everyday in the big cities. DO YOU REMEMBER THAT SHIT? The lefties were all like "HOW DARE ANYONE SUGGEST USING THE NATIONAL GUARD ON THE PROTESTORS!!!!! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! SOMEONE AT NYT NEEDS TO GO!!!!" The opinion editor, James Bennett had to resign over it.

Cut to Jan 6, 2021. A couple hundred right wing protestors get out of hand for a couple of hours and the left is like "INSURRECTION!!!! INSURRECTION!!!! BRING IN THE TROOPS!!!! BRING IN THE NATIONAL GUARD!!!!! WE NEED THE GUARD AT THE INAUGURAL!!!!! 5000 TROOPS? NOT ENOUGH!!!! 10,000? NOT ENOUGH!!!! WE NEED 20,000 TROOPS!!! PUBLIC NOT INVITED!!!! ONLY THE TROOPS!!!! ITS AN INSURRECTION!!!!"

Stupid and phony ass dems. You can't make this shit up.

Comments

splitthis:
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Looks like you were indeed correct - insubordination. She pretty much admitted so. See this article:https://www.foxnews.com/media/fired-...sal-reputation

Cliffs: 1) Fired New York Times editor says paper lying about reason for dismissal after pro-Biden tweet
    2) Wolfe told the Post a manager from the company had dismissed her because the Times could not be associated with the tweet.
    3) Wolfe admitted she had received a warning from the same manager in the months prior over another tweet in which she had equated the opposition to mask-wearing by conservative men to ‘toxic masculinity’. Yet,
    Wolfe rebutted that the manager explained that her tweets were "borderline" and other people at the Times admitted to having done "worse."
    I would have given her a warning for being inaccurate as I know exactly zero conservative men who make a big deal of wearing masks. I’ve seen a few videos, but haven’t seen any or heard any bitching. Every time I see someone in a store, it’s a woman. Everyone who says I won’t wear one being an ass to a greeter or young worker, it’s a woman. That’s an untruthful knock on conservative men imo. Men know someone will slap the fuck out of them. Women are ignorant and know men won’t slap some woman being an ass.

Silver
    Load Metric

Good read. The mockingbird media lies about everything so lying about why they fired someone is pretty standard.

Thread Information