Thread: I think I am on to something. Druff or Sonatine

Load Metric

I think I am on to something. Druff or Sonatine

Ok, I think I am on to a huge event Tine or Druff.

Ok listen to me. Dan Hartman, who died of AIDS in the 80s had a huge song in April 1984:

Now look at the 2:50 mark of the video when he brings the hot girl on the bar. They dance for like a minute. No big deal right?

Not look at Bruce Springsteen in his video a couple months later, same move. This video took Bruce to the stratosphere in the mid 80s, he was basically a regional draw in the northeast until this song, then he became HUGE. Que up to 3.20

Did he steal it? Did Hartman got ripped off for the move?

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric

Comments

rum dick: Needs more noose

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Comments

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ok, fine, I'll give a serious response.

It's not clear which video came first. I found that Dancing in the Dark was filmed in late June 1984, but I don't see any info for Hartman's videos. Both songs came out within a month of each other, so it's likely this was just a coincidence.

You may not know this, but the "random girl" called up to dance with Springsteen was a then-unknown Courtney Cox. However, "Dancing in the Dark" did not put Springsteen on the map. He was already famous before that, though he did greatly increase popularity due to his "Born in the USA" album. That was only one of several hit songs from that album, however.

Dan Hartman was a very talented guy. He was not only a good singer and performer, but had considerable talents in songwriting and production. Many don't know that he was one of the main writers and producers of the successful "Living in America" song from Rocky IV, sung by James Brown.

Unfortunately for Dan, he liked the unprotected buttsex with other dudes, and this ultimately led to an early death in 1994, at the age of 43. He was diagnosed with AIDS in the late '80s, and held on for 5-6 years before it finally killed him. Dan refused to come out as gay at any point, presumably to protect his career. He was also in denial of his HIV/AIDS status, and never seeked treatment for it, though treatments were not particularly effective back in those days anyway. After he passed, it was revealed by friends and family that Hartman was gay, and that AIDS was the cause of death.

40,000th post for me here, btw. Lord help me.

Load Metric
    It would be helpful if Harry Hollywood could comment. I know ripping off content from music artists is a huge no-no in those circles. Awfully suspicious if you ask me. While Bruce had a following in the early 80s, there was a before and after with Dancing in the Dark. "Before Bruce" was like Michael Jackson with the Jackson 5, then came Beat It and he became an international superstar. Same with Bruce.

Load Metric
    This is a HUGE scandal in my opinion. You watch the Hartman video, Springsteen ripped it off. I am giving PFA one more chance before I send this to TMZ. This is a flat out rip off to the Dan Hartman estate. Look at the videos.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    This is a HUGE scandal in my opinion. You watch the Hartman video, Springsteen ripped it off. I am giving PFA one more chance before I send this to TMZ. This is a flat out rip off to the Dan Hartman estate. Look at the videos.
    Really hope babymomma isn't reading and seeing what bio daddy is spending time on; talk about a bad beat!

Comments

garrett: LoL... =)
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information