SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Alex Rocha sounds like a dickhead.

Pretty dull hand to report on

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Kessler does have some semi-bluffs in him.

At an O8 tournament at the Bike, he raised me on the river when it looked like we were likely chopping, but he took a risk that I could have him quartered and re-raise him. Because it was Kessler, I actually thought I read him wrong and that I was getting quartered, so I was unhappy when the river raise came in. I called, and we chopped. He was sitting next to me at the time, and remarked after the hand, "I knew you only had one side of it, so I figured why not, just in case you folded."

I was betting the whole way in that hand, including the river, because I knew I likely had the high (though it wasn't the nuts), and I had a weak low, so there was some chance he could call down with a weaker high and no low, and I could scoop, yet not much chance I was doing worse than chopping.

Of course, this was a limit event, and it was in the early stages, so he wasn't risking that much.

Load Metric
    wow I wouldnt have ever seen this if not for this thread, pretty cool thanks =)

Alex, now keep in mind were talking like 10-15 years ago now. The "Pro poker player" you all know now, isnt really how I know Alex. We became friendly I guess when he was pshh maybe still in High School. He wasnt even 21 yet, so couldnt go to Atlantic City or anything yet. I was being a bit older and at Rutgers-Newark we became friendly on a kinda poker forum like this many moons ago, and Alex was game all the way all the time. You want to go play a Live poker game and Alex was there, couple trains later from Queens NY, he even would come to Jersey and (lol) Newark known to not be a safe place, to play lol 'Underground' Poker game in Newark NJ, but thats just how Alex is, and I guess the Alex I know. Alex always has been game as fk, and with poker he knows hed good. He is good and im glad to see this game actually has, really worked for someone, who absolutely loves it. And has put his time in so to see Alex succeed and continue to years later, its so nice. Alex deserves it, he really does he absolutely loves poker, always has, and so its nice to see this game along the way treat him good to =)....

Load Metric
    strategically and i'll just say from a pedestrian standpoint, Alex has a lot of levels to his game.

He is capable of going and doing things some people may not have thought of, and for what and why he is clever id imagine. He always was a higher level thinker poker wise especially. Id think this comment to Kessler if I know Alex, was an underhanded compliment maybe. As in "I didnt know you had it in you Allen" seems to me he may have been implying to Allen he's a nit, and doesn't expect him to get too out of line. Hell factor that into his game strategy moving forward id think. esp if hes thinking Kessler is loosening his jeans on him a lil lol.... Alex is player, and person really who has different levels, and where he feels he needs to go who knows. But he is good enough to go there I think. fun fun and lol didnt expect to see this thread or be thinking about Alex Rocha tonight haha, anyway good times =).....
    Last edited by garrett; 01-24-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Load Metric
    wow good job Druff haha

here we are 6AM and now im sitting here having flashbacks to 15 years ago now lol, and the Alex Rocha days lmao. You know honestly, for me Alex was just another fun actually through and through poker loving person. And when he and I met the first 2 or so years he was only known online and as (nyc_bullets) on pokerstars, and its funny to actually sit here and think to myself how, wow I mean Alex and I used to trade $1 and $2 back and forth on Pokerstars actually. Wow those were the times, fun stuff. But obviously that all has changed, Black Friday happened and all so it cant ever be like it was again probably ever again.

As far as Alex's Life and poker career fast forward today, and he hit the ground actually hard and running. I think it was within only maybe a cpl months of turning 21, he went down to Atlantic City and played a WSOP Circuit at Harrahs and outright won it. First place not fith and turned $350 into over 34k. Then a month later he went to the Borgata and played a WPT Event 1 $550 may have been a renentry and outright won that for another ~150k iirc, so in about 2 months or something he had actually, really won, about ~$200,000. He was serious as can be at that time, but I knew that about him all along. So to me, it was what I kind of expected of him, I wasnt surprised he was crushing at all.

One thing I always have been impressed about in Alex's whole story is how, Life took him to the right place, where he belongs it seems right away. So Alex didnt have like most of us, College debt, or kids, or any debt at all. Alex literally hit the ground running, and at Life fkn winning big time. And ive never said that to him but I would today, and I always have been and impressed at how timing wise, Alex found and made poker a big thing in his life. As he should have, and im glad to see its working out for him now.

Alex is, because keep in mind ive lived in Florida myself now and a totally different way of life then I did back then around 2005. But he and I of course are still friendly on twitter if that even matters, but if I needed too and wanted to get in touch im sure I can, and hell defiantly get back to me when he see it. But Alex always has been a good guy, never would take a dollar from you, just doesn't even have a 'scammer' bone in his body. And while extremely impressive and good at poker. I want to see him become the biggest poker star, not only because he deserves it, but because I know at his core Alex is a good guy too, and he does deserve that life, he would be the one if I could pick to actually make it and this game change his life for the better. So im always going to root for and apprecite Alex I guess, I want to see him crush it so hard because he can =).....

Thread Information