Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Senate trial of Donald J. Trump for “Inciting an Erection... Insurrection” of the United States”

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

I did not say it was unconstitutional. It's not unconstitutional. Come on now. The libtard trolling is weak, this is not about left vs right.

I was responding to your hypothetical with another hypothetical that's no more unrealistic than having George Washington impeached.

Should a president be able to avoid being convicted and disqualified from running for office in the future simply by resigning right before the verdict? Do you think the framers intended to give that as an option?

That's what you're arguing.

And we haven't even gotten to the fact that there's already precedent that shows you don't need to be in office to be Impeached and convicted by the Senate.

That is NOT what I'm arguing. He could still be prosecuted under Civil or Criminal statutes. But, he is not subject to Impeachment. You are having a difficult time understanding the difference. Impeachment and Removal is a Political tool.

And there is NO precedent involving a former President. And Trump didn't resign, his term was over. You are confusing facts..
    Good sir, the entire point of the impeachment clause (and its remedies) in the Constitution is to define (1) who can conduct the various parts of that political process and (2) the possible — and strictly limited — conseqences for the defendant from that process. Part of the reason for such limitiations of possible penalties us prevent the Legislative branch from being able to use an impeachment trial guilty verdict to legally hand down a more extreme form of punishment, such as a prison death sentence. Heck! It even prevents the ability to punish using a fine!

Why does that matter? Because the impeachment process is a completely separate realm of possible government action from either criminal or civil prosecutions, and as such its outcome has no direct impact of whether criminal and/or civil prosecutions can be legally conducted against the defendant in an impeachment trial. And it was wise to be set up in such a limited scope so as to prevent the Legislature from being able to go hog wild and take exacting and extreme revenge on a President who had severely angered enough of them, as happened to Charles I in the previous century in England/the UK when the British Parliament sentenced him to death for political crimes.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

I've already addressed your incorrect arguments in earlier posts. Not going to repeat myself to each and every Libtard that can't read. Go back and read.
    This "libtard" happens to have taught Constitutional Law and Federal Jurisdiction. And you are the idiot here.

LOL Are you trying to Pull rank on me? LOL. Weak Sauce Dude. Well, too bad for your students. You resort to name calling when you can't make a decent argument. Weak sauce Dude. And just because you claim you taught Constitutional law doesn't make you right. Plenty of Constitutional scholars agree with my position. So, Professor get over yourself. Your opinion amounts to 1 opinion...a wrong one.

Also, for a Constitutional Law Prof you must suck. Your Avatar indicates a poor understanding of how the Electoral College actually works.
    Last edited by Cerveza Fria; 02-10-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Load Metric

I did not say it was unconstitutional. It's not unconstitutional. Come on now. The libtard trolling is weak, this is not about left vs right.

I was responding to your hypothetical with another hypothetical that's no more unrealistic than having George Washington impeached.

Should a president be able to avoid being convicted and disqualified from running for office in the future simply by resigning right before the verdict? Do you think the framers intended to give that as an option?

That's what you're arguing.

And we haven't even gotten to the fact that there's already precedent that shows you don't need to be in office to be Impeached and convicted by the Senate.

That is NOT what I'm arguing. He could still be prosecuted under Civil or Criminal statutes. But, he is not subject to Impeachment. You are having a difficult time understanding the difference. Impeachment and Removal is a Political tool.

And there is NO precedent involving a former President. And Trump didn't resign, his term was over. You are confusing facts..
    After being impeached by the House, should a president be able to avoid being convicted by the Senate and disqualified from running for office in the future simply by resigning before the trial.

It's a simple question. I'm not confusing facts. We're discussing the constitution, not Trump. You're a lawyer, you know how this works, lets just have a thoughtful discussion, fuck the politics.

Load Metric

After being impeached by the House, should a president be able to avoid being convicted by the Senate and disqualified from running for office in the future simply by resigning before the trial.

It's a simple question. I'm not confusing facts. We're discussing the constitution, not Trump.
    If you're posing a hypothetical, here's my hypothetical answer.

Should he be able to? No. He shouldn't be able to. But, currently as worded...Yes, I believe he can. So, to achieve what "Should be", a Constitutional Amendment is necessary. The founding fathers got a lot of shit right. But, they didn't think of everything, hence the need for all of the Amendments we have.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You are dead wrong! It’s already constitutional, you mong!!!

Load Metric

It's a simple question. I'm not confusing facts. We're discussing the constitution, not Trump.
    If you're posing a hypothetical, here's my hypothetical answer.

Should he be able to? No. He shouldn't be able to. But, currently as worded...Yes, I believe he can. So, to achieve what "Should be", a Constitutional Amendment is necessary. The founding fathers got a lot of shit right. But, they didn't think of everything, hence the need for all of the Amendments we have.
    They also assumed that people would have a sense of morality and decency and would hold leadership accountable. Since Republicans are amoral cowards they will not hold someone from their own party accountable.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Since republicans are amoral cowards they will not hold someone from their own party accountable.
    Pot. This is kettle. You're black. Democrats never hold each other accountable.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: That's why they forced out Al Frankenstein when they shouldn't have

splitthis: Offset
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 02-10-2021 at 02:58 PM.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    If Mike Pence would of just done what he was ordered to do we could have kept the presidency from being stolen. The last I checked we live in the greatest country ever and if we want to visit OUR capital WE WILL. This is our right and our power, we are so diverse, our american diversity cannot be questioned. If the dum-o-crats want to be mad they should be careful because WE don’t negotiate with TERRORISTS. The capital attack wasn’t that bad, I have seen house parties with more damage. Lol at the libtards being offended by a little bit of shit on the walls.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: fuck you. Biden won, TRUMP LOST

splitthis: Offset, great profile pic

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by some user View Post
    If Mike Pence would of just done what he was ordered to do we could have kept the presidency from being stolen. The last I checked we live in the greatest country ever and if we want to visit OUR capital WE WILL. This is our right and our power, we are so diverse, our american diversity cannot be questioned. If the dum-o-crats want to be mad they should be careful because WE don’t negotiate with TERRORISTS. The capital attack wasn’t that bad, I have seen house parties with more damage. Lol at the libtards being offended by a little bit of shit on the walls.
    BIDEN WON, TRUMP IS A LOSER

FUCK YOUR FEELINGS

Comments

splitthis: Tomatooooo

TheXFactor: Trump is GUILTY.

Load Metric
    Name:  DokWCje.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  270.9 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    Name:  DokWCje.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  270.9 KB
    The difference is, with the dog and pony show you actually got something for your money.

Comments

splitthis: Tomato King

Load Metric
    It's incredibly damaging to the GOP brand that videos were produced and cameras are in chambers.

Going to be ad fodder for any remotely close race for years to come, that the Law and Order party will give jenius a pass.

Dumb quotes will be said, etc. The civil war continues.

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Oh really? That would have been it? Dems would have just thrown up their hands and said, “Welp, guess it’s 4 more years of Trump.” Get the fuck outta here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptoNinja View Post
    Oh really? That would have been it? Dems would have just thrown up their hands and said, “Welp, guess it’s 4 more years of Trump.” Get the fuck outta here.
    Also that was just a "visit" to the Capitol. It's hard to see why anybody even gave it a sideways glance.

Comments

splitthis: Months of riots and looting nigs

mickeycrimm: Antifa wants you

rum dick:

gimmick:

Load Metric
    Trump's impeachment defense is basically 'Don't hold me accountable for violence or there might be more violence.'

Republicans need to realize that they are Trump's bitch.

If they don't find Trump innocent, Trump will hunt them down and get his revenge.

Comments

rum dick: Yep

mickeycrimm: XTard is Antifa's bitch

MumblesBadly: Bunch of fucking cowards

Load Metric

Comments

Walter Sobchak: memes make you smart

splitthis: Offset the tomato king

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    I think y'all need to start playing poker again.

Load Metric
    Hello Mr. CryptoNinja,

Is it really that much of a stretch? Lets dial it back to Donald Tr**p calling the Georgia secretary of state to recount/overturn the election results in his favor. If he would of went along with it… and reverses it to Donald they would of eventually signed some legal paperwork and it could have been certified. Then he moves onto another state and pulls the same shit, gets enough electoral votes to retain his presidency.... Most of the country would be outraged but there he sits, another 4 years stolen while we all argue amongst ourselves. What happens? We move on to the next outrage from that criminal administration.

It all seems implausible, but so did the last 4 years.

The last 4 years, but more specifically the last year or so the democrats say they will fight for us….

Kavanaugh supreme court – conceded.

1st impeachment sham trial with no witnesses, no evidence – conceded.

The most recent covid relief bill where it might have been another $1200, ends up being $600 – conceded.

AMY COMEY BARRET pushed through in like a week – lol conceded.

Democrats doubling down on a one time issued $1400 check – $1400? What a joke, technically not conceded yet.

2nd impeachment trial – despite all evidence Donald is projected to be acquitted….democrats “welp”

So yeah, if this asshole criminal administration found a way to cheat into another 4 years the possibility is there that the democrat party would of said “Welp, guess it’s 4 more years of Tr**p”

“We just have to vote them out”, says the democrats while the GOP gerrymander, suppress votes and do whatever it takes to retain power, they have been cheating for decades. By the way the gerrymander and vote suppressing that they do is legal (possibly, this is not an area that I know too much about, but it happens and happens and happens sooooooo) and what do the democrats do?

Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are the Jim Lahey of American political leaders – GOP are happy to have them because they can clearly be controlled.

In Schumer and Pelosi’s defense they are both quite good at writing strongly worded memos over the last few years that lead to absolutely nothing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Also that was just a "visit" to the Capitol. It's hard to see why anybody even gave it a sideways glance.
    Hello Mr. Sobchak,

It certainly engaged you but I digress, there are many things I would like to discuss with the likes of you, big dick and the rest of the pfa corporate democrats but for now we will just start here.

This is such a clear representation of america but also pfa.

The only real “leftist” or progressive here is Krypt. Everyone else is on the plane, in my opinion of course. Krypt sir you are a real one and I hope that you would stand with me on the idea of creating a better future through the implementation of a universal basic income, green new deal and medicare for all.

Remember that team retard, team libtard and the oligarchs that control both parties want a civil war. The actual progressives, leftists, whatever you want to call them seek a revolution focused on giving people basic human rights.

Its amazing how much bleeding in this country could be clotted just by raising taxes on the ultra wealthy. I say this because taxes are the lowest in, well possibly ever?

Also Splitthis I appreciate the love, however I am not sure that this thread has aged well....like at all.

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...m-my-home-game

Comments

Walter Sobchak: incredible find

Load Metric
    shout out to a time when there was some sort of forum unity, however brief it may have been.

Comments

TheXFactor: NeverWinPoker.com

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: 4 pioneers

Silver
    Load Metric
    Hello Mr. CryptoNinja,

Is it really that much of a stretch? Lets dial it back to Donald Tr**p calling the Georgia secretary of state to recount/overturn the election results in his favor. If he would of went along with it… and reverses it to Donald they would of eventually signed some legal paperwork and it could have been certified. Then he moves onto another state and pulls the same shit, gets enough electoral votes to retain his presidency.... Most of the country would be outraged but there he sits, another 4 years stolen while we all argue amongst ourselves. What happens? We move on to the next outrage from that criminal administration.

It all seems implausible, but so did the last 4 years.

The last 4 years, but more specifically the last year or so the democrats say they will fight for us….

Kavanaugh supreme court – conceded.

1st impeachment sham trial with no witnesses, no evidence – conceded.

The most recent covid relief bill where it might have been another $1200, ends up being $600 – conceded.

AMY COMEY BARRET pushed through in like a week – lol conceded.

Democrats doubling down on a one time issued $1400 check – $1400? What a joke, technically not conceded yet.

2nd impeachment trial – despite all evidence Donald is projected to be acquitted….democrats “welp”

So yeah, if this asshole criminal administration found a way to cheat into another 4 years the possibility is there that the democrat party would of said “Welp, guess it’s 4 more years of Tr**p”

“We just have to vote them out”, says the democrats while the GOP gerrymander, suppress votes and do whatever it takes to retain power, they have been cheating for decades. By the way the gerrymander and vote suppressing that they do is legal (possibly, this is not an area that I know too much about, but it happens and happens and happens sooooooo) and what do the democrats do?

Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are the Jim Lahey of American political leaders – GOP are happy to have them because they can clearly be controlled.

In Schumer and Pelosi’s defense they are both quite good at writing strongly worded memos over the last few years that lead to absolutely nothing.
    Kavanaugh - Dems didn't have the votes to block him, SO THEY MAKE UP SEXUAL ASSAULT ALLEGATIONS AND TURN THE CONFIRMATION INTO A CIRCUS.

1st Impeachment - Dems didn't have the evidence to impeach Trump (for Biden's crimes), BUT THEY DID SO ANYWAY, KNOWING IT WOULD FAIL JUST SO THEY COULD POINT BACK TO IT AS SOME MORAL VICTORY. IT WASN'T.

ACB - Dems didn't have the votes to block her, SO THEY THREATEN TO PACK THE COURTS, ADD DC AND PUERTO RICO, AN ELIMINATE THE FILLIBUSTER.

2nd Impeachment - Dems once again don't have the votes, so they are impeaching a president that isn't even in office, TO DISTRACT FROM THEIR LACK OF IDEAS AND THEIR BEIJING FIRST PRESIDENT.

A 4.5 year temper tantrum, shutting down all of society and schools for politics, and you want them to do more?

I mean they are already using the courts and government against their political enemies, and intentionally destroying the legitimacy of election before it even took place.

What is left? Re-education camps and public executions?

If they thought they could get away with it, they would, and the useful idiot Dem voters would cheer it on.

Comments

duped_samaritan: Believing that Biden committed the crime in the Ukraine scandal requires serious brainwashing.

Thread Information