Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Senate trial of Donald J. Trump for “Inciting an Erection... Insurrection” of the United States”

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    The Democrats fucked this up.

He was never going to be convicted, that's obvious. Trump Republicans (which is most of them) are cultists with no morals or shame.

I don't get why they decided to call witnesses and then suddenly reversed course. To save time? They should be spending a lot of time on this. Witnesses would expose the lies and self-contradiction of Trump's defense. He DID know the crowd was there to assassinate Pence, and he wanted them to. Among many other examples. You let the witnesses talk, you let the facts be exposed in stark relief and then you let voters draw their conclusions about what spineless hypocritical assholes the Trump Republicans are. The audience is the people who are paying attention, meaning people who do follow this stuff and are likely voters, and who have swing potential.

At his first impeachment the Republicans refused to allow witnesses and the Democrats lost their minds. Now the Democrats run the Senate and they can allow all the witnesses they like, and they just decide not to.

Even most Republicans admitted Trump's lawyers were a complete embarrassment. It wasn't going to lead to a conviction but you do the right thing and let the process play out and then it is in the hands of the voters.

It's disgusting how the Democrats never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
    Didn't you watch what Mitch had to say? His stance was that it was unconstitutional to impeach a former president. This was the same stance the other republicans had that voted no. No amount of eye witnesses was going to change that. Mitch basically said Trump was guilty but the place to try him is a court of law, not the Senate.
    I am not saying they could have got a conviction. But they didn't even fully present their case and that's fucking weaksauce.

And it's rich of Mitch to say that after he decided to delay the trial until after the inauguration.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric

Didn't you watch what Mitch had to say? His stance was that it was unconstitutional to impeach a former president. This was the same stance the other republicans had that voted no. No amount of eye witnesses was going to change that. Mitch basically said Trump was guilty but the place to try him is a court of law, not the Senate.
    I am not saying they could have got a conviction. But they didn't even fully present their case and that's fucking weaksauce.

And it's rich of Mitch to say that after he decided to delay the trial until after the inauguration.
    Ya, this is the glaring point. He's trying to find a way to piss off the least amount of Republicans as possible while also saying Trump is a fuck up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

wittle waltie, you live in la la land. Even the liberal pundits in the main stream media are admitting how bad the democrats look. Showing film bites of all of the democrats talking about punching or beating up Donald Trump was brilliant. And the main stream media couldn't censor it when it was being shown. Democrats were clearly advocating violence against a sitting president.

What the Trump impeachments have done is make impeachment a political tool for those that control the House of Representatives. Whoever is in power can impeach at will. When republicans win the house in the midterms there should be no problem impeaching China Joe Biden. Collusion with the Chi-Comms being the pretext. The dems have taught us that no evidence is necessary.
    And yet those crowds the Democrats were talking to understood that "fight" was being used metaphorically. None of them went after Pence to assassinate him, none of them stormed the Capitol, none of them said "Bernie Sanders told me to go trash stuff and kill people, so I'm going to go do it."

Load Metric

Ya, this is the glaring point. He's trying to find a way to piss off the least amount of Republicans as possible while also saying Trump is a fuck up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    You forgot the part where Trump rains down a world of hurt on those GOP who crossed him. There will be consequences.

Remember the 2018 midterms in AZ etc where Trump performed corrective surgery on those whose minds weren’t right? Look at AZ now. Purified. Feel me?

As this board demonstrates, Trump has and will always have tremendous clout.

This isn’t over by a long shot.

Heard some popular TMZ type chatter about Ivanka eyeing Little Marco’s seat. Methinks someone is testing the political winds. Don’t scoff.
    Very true.

And you gotta give Mitch McConnell political kudos for tricking the Democrats into postponing the Senate trial until Trump had left office given how that he and 43 other GOP senators voted at the beginning of the Senate trial portion of the impeachment process was not constitutional because Trump was no longer in office. And he used that bullshit excuse to vote for Trump’s acquittal despite openly claiming that Trump was “morally and practically responsible” for the Jan. 6 insurrection.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...l-day-5-468985

Which makes me wonder what bullshit excuse he and the vast majority of his GOP senatorial cowards would have come up with if the Nancy Pelosi had called his delay as bullshit and had immediately sent the Senate the article of impeachment, which would have immediately required the Senate to take up the Senate trial.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 02-13-2021 at 04:57 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    we will be back in the trump train thread soon enough, u should have just let trump win last time morons and let the old guard democrats wash out

Load Metric
    I actually think there is like a 5 or 10% chance trump actually goes to jail.I never ever thought that would happen but I do now think it's a real possibility

trump has kept his mouth shut for a few weeks now which makes me think he knows he's in deep shit

Anyone willing to lay 8-1 or so on trump doing time? If so I will take that bet

Load Metric
    The Democrats fucked this up.

He was never going to be convicted, that's obvious. Trump Republicans (which is most of them) are cultists with no morals or shame.

I don't get why they decided to call witnesses and then suddenly reversed course. To save time? They should be spending a lot of time on this. Witnesses would expose the lies and self-contradiction of Trump's defense. He DID know the crowd was there to assassinate Pence, and he wanted them to. Among many other examples. You let the witnesses talk, you let the facts be exposed in stark relief and then you let voters draw their conclusions about what spineless hypocritical assholes the Trump Republicans are. The audience is the people who are paying attention, meaning people who do follow this stuff and are likely voters, and who have swing potential.

At his first impeachment the Republicans refused to allow witnesses and the Democrats lost their minds. Now the Democrats run the Senate and they can allow all the witnesses they like, and they just decide not to.

Even most Republicans admitted Trump's lawyers were a complete embarrassment. It wasn't going to lead to a conviction but you do the right thing and let the process play out and then it is in the hands of the voters.

It's disgusting how the Democrats never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
    I agree NightmarePiscis that it wouldn’t have mattered. Too many of those GOP senators who aren’t even hardcore Trumpists are vulnerable to Trump taking revenge on them with a primary challenger. And Lindsey Graham indicated that he would drag out the calling tons of witnesses to drag the process out and delay the Senate being able to take on other urgent business, which would hurt Biden and the Dems in passing critically important legislation, such as a new COVID relief package.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    we will be back in the trump train thread soon enough, u should have just let trump win last time morons and let the old guard democrats wash out

Republicans would be stupid to nominate him again but they probably will if he runs.

Load Metric
    Name:  tr7.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  46.3 KB

Comments

Walter Sobchak: too bad he lost the election

dwai: offset Walter mcTilt

big dick: lost house senate and presidency ... im getting tired of so much WINNING
    Winner of the $555 freeroll

Load Metric

Republicans would be stupid to nominate him again but they probably will if he runs.

Long-run the one people should be watching for is our Florida Governor Ron DesSantis. Much of how he handled this Pandemic, and not just jumping on the 'Team Retard' train, I do like about him. He is a future Contender in the GOP imo, or should be. And I am an Independent (Registered) so im not sure where ill go in 4 years, but I know 100% im not at all, behind Donald Trump. So if hes the GOP guy im probably going Blue then.... IDK..

Im a Floridian so I also have now been able to watch him at work and he is good imo....

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_20210213_170008_414.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  36.6 KB

Load Metric
    Name:  tr13.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  37.3 KB

Load Metric
    we will be back in the trump train thread
    Trump train is still chugging along.

Name:  0vFkjDZ.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  182.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    I actually think there is like a 5 or 10% chance trump actually goes to jail.I never ever thought that would happen but I do now think it's a real possibility

trump has kept his mouth shut for a few weeks now which makes me think he knows he's in deep shit

This is a bet you don’t want to win.

Basically the establishment GOP is floating this with the hope DOJ will solve their Trump problem. They are too pussy to clean up the mess they’ve made of their party and their own backyard and would love a Biden DOJ to prosecute Trump and then they’ll cater to his people and run on it.

Fuck that. There is no GOP anymore. Let them deal with this mess.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Basically the establishment GOP is floating this with the hope DOJ will solve their Trump problem. They are too pussy to clean up the mess they’ve made of their party and their own backyard and would love a Biden DOJ to prosecute Trump and then they’ll cater to his people and run on it.

Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small (1).gif
Views: 394
Size:  621.7 KB

Load Metric
    Name:  tr9.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  27.2 KB

Name:  tr2.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  60.3 KB

Name:  tr7.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  46.3 KB

Name:  tr1.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  72.6 KB

Name:  tr12.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  tr10.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  30.1 KB

Name:  tr6.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  82.0 KB

Name:  tr4.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  65.4 KB

Name:  tr5.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  42.2 KB

Name:  tr3.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  54.3 KB

Name:  tr11.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  52.4 KB

Name:  tr8.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  96.2 KB

Comments

big dick: we won..house..senate..and JOE FUCKING biden is the president so you can post all the memes you like. you lost

David USF: Keep living in the past, dumbass.

Load Metric
    Name:  z7G1SCsh.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  179.0 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Take this bitch for instance. Dwai and the rest of the Trump tards are basically juggalos. This is a kid told where to sit and eat by real men.

You walk out of a bar and you see some nerdy establishment Republican fighting his juggalo wife, you might feel bad and think of saving her, but the world is a better place if you let them kill each other.

Since the juggalo wing is larger, they may overrun the nerds this time. Either way, it’s win/win

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Take this bitch for instance. Dwai and the rest of the Trump tards are basically juggalos. This is a kid told where to sit and eat by real men.

You walk out of a bar and you see some nerdy establishment Republican fighting his juggalo wife, you might feel bad and think of saving her, but the world is a better place if you let them kill each other.

Since the juggalo wing is larger, they may overrun the nerds this time. Either way, it’s win/win
    who cares?

This is a 'Public' forum sir you know that right. We don't give a fuck how you all acted and got along 10+ years ago.

And if you think that matters LEAVE....

Comments

BCR: I’m talking about the United States Garrett, not some eightH-tier poker forum

Thread Information