Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

I did not say it was unconstitutional. It's not unconstitutional. Come on now. The libtard trolling is weak, this is not about left vs right.

I was responding to your hypothetical with another hypothetical that's no more unrealistic than having George Washington impeached.

Should a president be able to avoid being convicted and disqualified from running for office in the future simply by resigning right before the verdict? Do you think the framers intended to give that as an option?

That's what you're arguing.

And we haven't even gotten to the fact that there's already precedent that shows you don't need to be in office to be Impeached and convicted by the Senate.

That is NOT what I'm arguing. He could still be prosecuted under Civil or Criminal statutes. But, he is not subject to Impeachment. You are having a difficult time understanding the difference. Impeachment and Removal is a Political tool.

And there is NO precedent involving a former President. And Trump didn't resign, his term was over. You are confusing facts..
He's not saying Trump resigned, he's giving you a hypothetical scenario that would be fine under your understanding of the constitution. Come on guy.....