Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Senate trial of Donald J. Trump for “Inciting an Erection... Insurrection” of the United States”

Load Metric
    We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...endiary-speech

Trump specifically called for peaceful demonstration. Open and shut case. He will not be convicted. As last time, this is all virtue signalling faggotry.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Funny how you changed the "and" to "or" for the sake of argument in your own post. Busted.

That being said, I'm not convinced one way OR the other as to the Constitutionality of this Impeachment. I think there are good arguments on both sides of the issue.
    I should have written “and/or”. The specific language in Constitution lists the range of possible penalties from a conviction, but because Trump has already left office, it is not possible for the penalty of being removed from offic to be effected. But that still leaves the possible penalties of being barred from office and losing his retirement benefits. That’s why I originally wrote “or”, to signify that it is not a constitutional requirement that removal from office to be a consequence of a conviction for the trial to occur. It merely means that the possible penalties from a conviction separate from being removed from office are strictly limited as stated by the part of the clause that follows “, and”.

In other words, regardless of how much many Dems would like to see Trump rot in prison for years for attempting to overthrow the government, that outcome can’t be a possible penalty of an impeachment trial conviction. For that penalty to be possible, Trump would separately need to face a federal criminal trial, such as for the charge of sedition, or conspiracy to commit sedition, and such a trial would need to held in a federal criminal court, not the Senate.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Funny how you changed the "and" to "or" for the sake of argument in your own post. Busted.

That being said, I'm not convinced one way OR the other as to the Constitutionality of this Impeachment. I think there are good arguments on both sides of the issue.
    One thing I can tell you for sure is that the Senate does not get to rule on whether or not something is unconstitutional. Paul's motion was a stunt, like most of what he does.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Exactly.

mickeycrimm: stupid idiot

adamantium:

splitthis: Pattern

garrett: lol

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Do we have any pictures of Donald Trump in blackface?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

One thing I can tell you for sure is that the Senate does not get to rule on whether or not something is unconstitutional. Paul's motion was a stunt, like most of what he does.

Yup. The Judiciary decides this. But, please leave Senator Paul alone to mow his grass in peace.

Load Metric
    Hey, Druff! Which of the 20 arguments to not have the impeachment trial argued by leading members of your party as covered in this video clip do you agree with? And if so, why?

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Hey, Druff! Which of the 20 arguments to not have the impeachment trial argued by leading members of your party as covered in this video clip do you agree with? And if so, why?

dont lose sleep waiting for a reply

Comments

MumblesBadly: Whose gonna call Druff on the radio show to ask him?
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    If Donald Trump did another rally and said to his Trump army "Congress needs to be held accountable. We demand justice. Go to their homes and kill them in their sleep".

Congress would still refuse to charge Trump.

If you're Donald Trump you can get away with murder.

Trump has never been held accountable for anything and probably never will.

Comments

dwai: shut up already fag

adamantium: defagged

MumblesBadly: Double defagged

Walter Sobchak: truth

splitthis: Refagged

nunbeater: lol dumb cunt above me cant even rep propers

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

McConnell is a secret Trump hater. He wants Trump out of the way. But he will destroy the republican party in the process. Even if trump is barred from ever being president again he will still have the biggest voice in the republican party. Trump supporters will go where Trump goes. You might even see a third party. In that case the republican party is doomed. Right now McConnell is the most dangerous man in the republican party. He has the wherewithall to destroy it. And he might even do it to spite the nose on his face.
    The phrase is "cutting off his nose to spite his face" you decrepit drifter
    Learn some reading comprehension you dumb bitch.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric

Wow, here we have an idiot lefty that yawned for 9 months of lefty political riots in the big cities. Multi-billions in property damage. 47 people killed. Left large areas of inner cities in blight with no hope of recovery. But then 200 Trumpsters throw a riot and Mr. Lefty Idiot is all of a sudden all aghast and denounces the political violence of the right. You never denounced the lefty violence when it was happening. Move to Venezuela if you want to run a country by violence.
    Anyone who steals or destroys property should go to jail and I have said so consistently since summer.

You on the other hand should go to jail for tax evasion.
    You are so stupid that you have both accused me of being a broke ass bum but also insisting that I make tons of money but pay no taxes. You are wrong on both accounts but stupid ass punks like you don't let facts get in the way of your libtard stupidity.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    The more I think of this thing the bigger loser it looks like to me.

I can’t think of a single reason to move forward with the impeachment. Any way I look at it, it’s really bad politics for the Dems in my opinion.

They won’t win.

You’re going to at best get 3 or 4 GOP senators who are even open to it for real. Those people are going to be the most reasonable GOP Senators that you would prefer don’t get primaried next opportunity.

If you don’t have 67, which they certainly don’t, you’re putting the onus on the very small handful of GOP senators to vote their conscious and commit political suicide in a losing effort. They’d be stupid to do that unless they’re retiring anyway. You wouldn’t even want them to for some political stunt. Those are the few you might be able to reach out to when Manchin goes rogue on some issue.

Trump and hi

Right now, anywhere I can find Trump die hards, they are talking about getting rid of all the establishment Republicans who betrayed Trump. They hate Biden, but they already did, and right now they’re angrier at the GOP establishment.

The whole party is in disarray and face the real chance of Trump continuing to target them at his whim. That will be much harder once they are on CNN for a week defending Trump.

I actually think Mitch is trying to sucker the Dems into thinking they have a shot when they have absolutely no shot.

It serves his agenda from every direction. 1-Dems don’t have the numbers and he knows it. 2-His party is in disarray and he has to worry about all his establishment guys getting primaried from the Trump wing 3-He does care about stopping anything Biden puts forth and Biden failing. 4-He’s likely at the end of his career and I believe will vote to not impeach at the end of the day himself.

There is nothing that can quell a Republican civil war quicker and more effectively than Schumer and a bunch of libtards putting on a show and going way overboard playing to their base and demonizing Trump and his supporters who feel abandoned already, and then allowing them to watch the entirety of the sitting GOP senate have Trumps back. Instant unity.

As it stands, everyone not a MAGA die hard already blames Trump and knows he threw red meat to a bunch of mentally unstable loons and caused a riot. That’s already a win. Going forward with the Senate impeachment circus will just appear to acquit him and give him a victory when he’s already lost in any way that matters.

You want Trump angry at the GOP and the threat of a third party. When they all fall in line with Trump and vote no to impeach, you make it much harder for that to gain any traction.

You’ll just be giving a platform to a bunch of guys right now viewed as RINOs by MAGA nation an opportunity to defend him publicly and fall on their swords.

It’s a compete gift to allow them to pander to Trumps base as it’s a hill they can easily die on without having to condone the riot. Trumps gone. It’s a gray area in a constitutional sense. He did his usual walk right up to the line, but not clearly cross it thing in that speech before the riot.

His words are ambiguous enough to give them cover to vote no. He said to walk to the Capitol and “peacefully and patriotically make your voice heard.” He said fight after and they got the real message, but it’s ambiguous enough where the Marco Rubios of the world will relish the chance to defend Trump publicly on the issue without appearing like Q tards.

After that, it will embolden them to just fight anything Biden tries to get through even harder once they feel comfortable and they’ll just try to keep running out the clock until 2022 without as much concern of being taken out by friendly fire on the right.

Much more effective for the Dems to let the actual defendants who stormed the Capitol come to court for months on end and lay the blame on Trump and say they thought they were doing what their president asked of them.

Smartest political move would be for Biden and Schumer to schedule a press conference and have Schumer say he was prepared to move full steam ahead with impeachment proceedings but that the President asked him to drop it for the sake of the country so that we can concentrate on Covid and passing the stimulus for those hit so hard by pandemic and get the country back on track. Why give them a fight they’re literally begging for?

Dems aren’t that good at politics though, so I expect a circus that will fail.
    McConnell wants Trump DQed from 2024 and wants to stick it to him generally. If McConnell votes to convict he can pull a dozen along with him.

The Democrats' mistake was delaying the trial. It should have been held immediately ASAP after the impeachment when people were still shocked, angry and shaken. You have to capture the moment.

Also, the Senate cannot drop an impeachment. Once an article has been sent from the House, the Senate must hold a trial and a vote.
    McConnell knows full well if Trump and his supporters pull out of the Republican Party then the McConnell Republicans won't get even 18% of the vote in the 2024 Presidential race.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 01-30-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Load Metric
    Inductivist on Twitter:

"Talked to a friend of mine today that grew up in the Soviet Union. He thinks the Capitol was intentionally left unguarded so elites would have an excuse to clamp down on the Right. I told him I assume incompetence. He called me naive."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1348771381715075074

Load Metric
    The MSM never showed this film bite. Who was giving the stand down orders? And why?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1355509265339998209

Load Metric
    cops shoulda walked over and shoved that red hat up his ass

Load Metric
    The MSM never showed this film bite. Who was giving the stand down orders? And why?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1355509265339998209
    In Soviet Russia, protester tramples police!

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Do we have any pictures of Donald Trump in blackface?

Black man, Enrique Tarrio, leader of the Proud Boys, was threatened with arrest if he entered DC. The DC leaders that threatened him are the people that Stephen King supports.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    If Donald Trump did another rally and said to his Trump army "Congress needs to be held accountable. We demand justice. Go to their homes and kill them in their sleep".

Congress would still refuse to charge Trump.

If you're Donald Trump you can get away with murder.

Trump has never been held accountable for anything and probably never will.

You just invented a crime in your own imagination. I suppose you think Trump should be prosecuted for a crime you invented in your own mind. eh, XTard?

Comments

TheXFactor: YES, and they need to make AOC...judge, jury and executioner.

Load Metric
    Trump has hired a new impeachment trial legal team after his original one quit because Trump insisted they artue that the election was stolen from him, which they wouldn’t agree to.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Trump has hired a new impeachment trial legal team after his original one quit because Trump insisted they artue that the election was stolen from him, which they wouldn’t agree to.

This may be so, but the most likely reason they quit was because they weren’t getting paid. Trump shouldn’t defend himself at the trial, the Senate is not going to convict him. However, he will not pass up the opportunity to be the center of attention.

Load Metric

LOL at Dominion cucking Newsmax with lawsuits into not allowing this Republican lunatic to lie.

Mypillow guy clearly back on cocaine/crack, hope he gets help.

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information